2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The boomers are the worst generation in the history of this country, followed by their evil spawn of know-everything do-nothing clowns.

Hall is a cancer and will flop wherever he lands. He's the Javonne Shephard of this year's transfer portal.

IF Texas lands Mathis, which Mathis is Texas getting? The standout from 2020? Or the injured-ish JAG from 2021? 

Hey man, beggars can’t be choosers.   I’d take that gamble rather than watch Marcus Washington and Ovie play another down…

I’m a Gen Xer and with the quoted post you’re either a dipshitted later millennial or a pathetic Gen Zer. Either way, I’m all the things you’re not and I also think your parents fucked up this country through bad policy, entitled stupidity, and bringing your ilk into the world. Congrats, on a weak social media trope though. 

Say whatever you want. You’re still the guy that has to defend “Sarklossian”

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Does anyone know what the fuck they're hinting at here? I hate when they do this "wink-wink" shit. The "program fit" thing makes sense, but who is going to be a better option than a 5-star sophomore? Shit, On3 had him as the number 11 overall recruit in the class. 

Maybe  JoJo 

Family Guy Reaction GIF

19 minutes ago, Chango said:

Say whatever you want. You’re still the guy that has to defend “Sarklossian”

I don't have to "defend" anything. I've always enjoyed irritating other posters with ridiculous names for terrible coaches. Watching people shit themselves during the Charley era was the best. The contortions some people would go to in order to turn it into something racial was always my favorite part. 

That considered, I'm fairly certain I coined Seven Loss Steve first, helped bring Seven Win Steve across from the UW fanbase, and I'll take Steve Sarklossian to the bitter end of his sad 4 year tenure. I'm sure I'll be working on a few others as time passes as well, but I'll continue to leave his demons of the past out of it, if that makes your pussy feel less battered by the nomenclature. 

You should keep trying to scold and edit my posting though. Let's see how it works out.

23 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Hey man, beggars can’t be choosers.   I’d take that gamble rather than watch Marcus Washington and Ovie play another down…

So Texas runs Joshua Moore off because they eventually got tired of his brand of bullshit, but Hall is going to improve our situation? Okay. 

In reality, I'm happy if Texas lands both players. I can't lose with Hall. Either he gets his shit together and stars here, or he's so fucking toxic that it leads to some absurd shit as the longhorn Hindenburg slowly plummets to the earth in flames, shrieks, and another 5-7 debacle. I'm skeptical that Mathis is much of a needle mover, but to your point, I don't see how he's any worse than what Texas already has. If he comes in and kicks ass, fucking great. Got to land them first, though.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Is there a chance Texas doesn’t push for Hall? I don’t see a huge risk unless NUMBERZ!!! are an issue. 

The risk is that he becomes a leading contributor to the 1-star culture Texas has had the last 10 years. Sure, it’s one guy, but every head counts. 

With that said, he is 100% a take on-field. Idk anything about the off field stuff so won’t pretend to know whether it’s worth it.

Mathis can only be a good addition. Only question is whether he’s a star or just a decent starter / good backup. Either way, take. 

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't have to "defend" anything. I've always enjoyed irritating other posters with ridiculous names for terrible coaches. Watching people shit themselves during the Charley era was the best. The contortions some people would go to in order to turn it into something racial was always my favorite part. 

That considered, I'm fairly certain I coined Seven Loss Steve first, helped bring Seven Win Steve across from the UW fanbase, and I'll take Steve Sarklossian to the bitter end of his sad 4 year tenure. I'm sure I'll be working on a few others as time passes as well, but I'll continue to leave his demons of the past out of it, if that makes your pussy feel less battered by the nomenclature. 

You should keep trying to scold and edit my posting though. Let's see how it works out.

So Texas runs Joshua Moore off because they eventually got tired of his brand of bullshit, but Hall is going to improve our situation? Okay. 

In reality, I'm happy if Texas lands both players. I can't lose with Hall. Either he gets his shit together and stars here, or he's so fucking toxic that it leads to some absurd shit as the longhorn Hindenburg slowly plummets to the earth in flames, shrieks, and another 5-7 debacle. I'm skeptical that Mathis is much of a needle mover, but to your point, I don't see how he's any worse than what Texas already has. If he comes in and kicks ass, fucking great. Got to land them first, though.

So you being right about him being toxic and torpedoing the program is equal to him being a star here? Talk about being a fan of the program lmao

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You would think Hall would be on a short leash if he did actually come here. If the culture improvement reports coming from the players and writers are to be believed, there is no sense in rocking the boat on the upward trajectory. This isn't a walk in starter we are talking about, and Sarkisian should have some leverage to tell him to get his shit together. 

The fact that Mathis even has the capability to post a year where he gets north of 5 sacks is more than I can say about anyone else on the roster above the incoming class. And he can't possibly be worse against the run than the flacid loafs of pumpernickel currently manning the edges. At this point, JAG may even be an upgrade.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, OB3 said:

So you being right about him being toxic and torpedoing the program is equal to him being a star here? Talk about being a fan of the program lmao

More like it at least won't be boring. The dude is going to be in headlines either way, by all accounts. 

Beyond that, I've endured the same prior 12 years of being a fan of this team just like the rest of the idiots here. I won't resume read beyond that, because ... right. Give me a fucking break on questioning my "fan credentials".

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Mathis or Jett Bush, who you taking?

42 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Mathis or Jett Bush, who you taking?

It's a false choice, so you should feel like an imbecile. On top of that, I've not once expressed disinterest in landing Mathis, so I'm not sure what your weak post is even attempting to address.

Is there a single poster on this board, at least among the longhorn fans, who doesn't want Mathis? Show them to us. Expressing interest in terms of which Mathis (2020 or 2021?) is the kind of subject matter that is at least worth discussing though. Especially since there isn't shit otherwise going on.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

There will be a new group of "established" players entering the portal post-spring

May 1st is the deadline to enter the portal and be immediately eligible, unless you're a grad transfer, so there should be a flood of them coming in about two weeks 

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Does anyone know what the fuck they're hinting at here? I hate when they do this "wink-wink" shit. The "program fit" thing makes sense, but who is going to be a better option than a 5-star sophomore? Shit, On3 had him as the number 11 overall recruit in the class. 

Jaylen Waddle? JSN? WR X?

Maybe Evan Stewart is gonna come available? 

And don't forget, Demond Demas is also a 5-star sophomore. There are many better options than him in the portal.

8 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

And don't forget, Demond Demas is also a 5-star sophomore. There are many better options than him in the portal.

...better WR options that Hall?

12 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Us bringing in Demas and Hall would actually be hilarious and make for must see TV. We could even get them an apartment together and film a reality show about it as an NIL pitch. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

FWIW, I talked to one of friends at Bama and we spoke briefly about Hall. "Highly talented with a terrible work ethic and a worse attitude. Ol'Sark already went out and got him one of those with Billingsley, so what's one more, I guess?"

This person was around these guys regularly and their SO around them daily. Doesn't mean they won't be amazeballs at Texas, but it's more data for those interested. Don't hate me because I am beautiful and make posts like this. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

FWIW, I talked to one of friends at Bama and we spoke briefly about Hall. "Highly talented with a terrible work ethic and a worse attitude. Ol'Sark already went out and got him one of those with Billingsley, so what's one more, I guess?"

This person was around these guys regularly and their SO around them daily. Doesn't mean they won't be amazeballs at Texas, but it's more data for those interested. Don't hate me because I am beautiful and make posts like this. 

You are the cold splash or reality that this board deserves sir. Walk proudly with your bun held high. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I feel better about Hall, because of Marion. I am not sure why I have faith in Marion, but if Texas is going to take a chance I don’t mind it in Marion’s room. I say that knowing Hall is probably the bigger attitude risk

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’d have a shit attitude around Bill O’Brien as well…lol

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I’d have a shit attitude around Bill O’Brien as well…lol

Yea, weird Billingsley went from budding star under Sark to an apparently effortless piece of shit when used as a blocking TE under BoB. So strange. 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 7

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I think if Moore could have learned how to highpoint the fucking ball and not get mossed by DBs the staff might have put up with his bullshit a little more. 

• Hook 'Em 3

So the guy who man bun is positive will be an epic failure here should not take chances on stud athletes like billingsley who have shit attitudes but since he did we might as well go ahead and add another. Fucking incredible that information like that comes from sources and high up inside knowledge lol. I predict we will win somewhere in between 0-12 games and that we will also lose 0-12 games. It will be either beautiful or a disaster. If it’s great I’ll be stoked but if it sucks shit through a straw, like I’m sure it will, I’ll come back here and laugh at all you pussies who have hope. Evil laugh. Did I do it right guys? Guys? 

Edited by WinningIsHard
Spelling is hard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - Maulers & Ballers Only, Please

Bill O Brien is a fucking idiot.  I can’t think of any decisions he made with the Texans that were good.  He signed Brock Fucking Osweiler to a $72M deal.  He’s poison.  He’s Eddie the Mush.  He traded Deandre Hopkins for a squirt of piss.  

Swing for the fences.  I saw Billingsley in 2020 and he looked like the next 1st round TE from Alabama.  Hall needs a change of scenery and be around coaches he likes.  He did commit to Sark, Banks and Flood.  I say fuck it and go get him.  If he hits, our WR’s got increasingly better.  If he fizzles, no harm no foul. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Bill O Brien is a fucking idiot.  I can’t think of any decisions he made with the Texans that were good.  He signed Brock Fucking Osweiler to a $72M deal.  He’s poison.  He’s Eddie the Mush.  He traded Deandre Hopkins for a squirt of piss.  

Swing for the fences.  I saw Billingsley in 2020 and he looked like the next 1st round TE from Alabama.  Hall needs a change of scenery and be around coaches he likes.  He did commit to Sark, Banks and Flood.  I say fuck it and go get him.  If he hits, our WR’s got increasingly better.  If he fizzles, no harm no foul. 

image.gif.4a8747faf78ffa54db9a33efaee483c6.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

So the guy who man bun is positive will be an epic failure here should not take chances on stud athletes like billingsley who have shit attitudes but since he did we might as well go ahead and add another. Fucking incredible that information like that comes from sources and high up inside knowledge lol. I predict we will win somewhere in between 0-12 games and that we will also lose 0-12 games. It will be either beautiful or a disaster. If it’s great I’ll be stoked but if it sucks shit through a straw, like I’m sure it will, I’ll come back here and laugh at all you pussies who have hope. Evil laugh. Did I do it right guys? Guys? 

evil gas GIF

• Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)