2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

48 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I didn’t think the offseason could be more depressing than the actual season but holy fuck was I wrong.

This a terrible take. Maybe we haven’t got everything we wanted but almost all of the schools in the country outside Bama and Georgia would love this class and the transfers we have brought in.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

sarklostagain is such a good nickname that i'm having trouble remembering what his actual last name is.

Dude definitely sat up late nights under a bare bulb next to a waste basket full of crumpled up attempts to come up with that one after everyone shit on sarklossian

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Dude definitely sat up late nights under a bare bulb next to  a waste basket full of crumpled up attempts to come up with that one after everyone shit on sarklossian

I can’t claim Sarklostagain. That’s a @Junior Bonner maneuver. I mean, I’ll use it and all of the others with impunity like I did create them, don’t get me wrong, but I’ve got some morals, somewhere. 

• Haha 1

Losing Mathis to Scott fucking Frost defies so much simple logic that I refuse to believe it happens. My brain is too full of other shit to make enough space to even come close to wrapping my head around that level of incompetence, so I simply refuse to believe it’s going to happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Losing Mathis to Scott fucking Frost defies so much simple logic that I refuse to believe it happens. My brain is too full of other shit to make enough space to even come close to wrapping my head around that level of incompetence, so I simply refuse to believe it’s going to happen. 

I’m not exactly sure why I feel like this fits what you wrote, but it just does.

BB83CC14-6C72-43D3-8EE2-166E55BF8B81.gif

Edited by Daichee Bell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Dude definitely sat up late nights under a bare bulb next to a waste basket full of crumpled up attempts to come up with that one after everyone shit on sarklossian

Oh, crumpled bits of paper
Filled with imperfect thought
Stilted conversations
I'm afraid that's all we've got

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ousux said:

Just catching up on this thread after a busy week at work, lemme see if I have this right..
A. All of our current players suck
B. No real help is tranferring in
C. We'll be lucky to win a single game in '22

D. Username

Is that about right?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

He gets paid a shit ton of money for one year and is betting on himself to put up some good film against Big 10 competition to improve his draft stock for next year. Big 12 getting shut out yesterday in the draft can’t have helped. That the Frost regime is a sinking ship doesn’t factor in. Winning isn’t his priority. 

Pro: They’re going to be able to sell the 23/24 DL recruits on immediate playing time.

Con: it will be after everyone watching a second straight year of shitty Edge/DE play causing multiple L’s.

This defense and DC sucks my taint, and if Patterson can’t convince Mathis to come here then he might as well hit the road along with his sweat towels.

9 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

He gets paid a shit ton of money for one year and is betting on himself to put up some good film against Big 10 competition to improve his draft stock for next year. Big 12 getting shut out yesterday in the draft can’t have helped. That the Frost regime is a sinking ship doesn’t factor in. Winning isn’t his priority. 

Seems like he would have fit in well here.

• Haha 5

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)