2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

This is turning into straight up free agency. Not great 

It’s not even free agency. At least with free agency you can’t just buy guys that are already under contract. This is a no holds bar royale rumble. No rules. No one is off limits. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

In free agency there are contracts. With the portal there are no contracts. It’s chaos. The plus side is that we are probably the most insulated program against this stuff in college football if we can figure this shit out. But there’s the rub…

Also, other teams need to want our players. So it hasn’t really been a problem for us.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Any reason our NIL collectives didn't do the same (or else I'd hope we'd do better than guys like Hall)? Like getting Devonte Gordon (Freshman All-American at RT for Wake). Or a guy like Gentry out of ASU. Seems like there were definitely guys we could have recruited to the portal and didn't. Not saying we'd bat 1.00, but I have trouble believing USC is able to tamper this well and that we're just that dogshit at it 

6 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

I am still confused as to why he was a take in the first place. Wasn't he also flirting with ND/OU sucks?

ND booted him from the class after some legal trouble (rumored to have stemmed from some consensual group sex w a white girl and her dad being displeased about the situation), and it was between us and OU in the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

I guess it’s going to take us getting our teeth kicked in by aggy for a few years for us to create the evil empire.  Nothing unifies everyone lockstep than having to listen to those insufferable bastards run their mouths day and night in perpetuity.

seth meyers GIF

Yep. This is exactly what I said to a colleague the other day. We’ll get it together after a few years of getting our ass beat by them.

29 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Yea, well what about Elon?  Does he understand our need of an edge rusher?

I don't know, but I'm already 0 for 1. And I hate rejection. Maybe I should ask Amber Heard. I have a feeling we are cheap though. I told a girl I would get her valet ticket validated which I did to save her 12 bucks and then the valet drove up with her AMG G 65. And the sad thing is, I'm no better.

11 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't know, but I'm already 0 for 1. And I hate rejection. Maybe I should ask Amber Heard. I have a feeling we are cheap though. I told a girl I would get her valet ticket validated which I did to save her 12 bucks and then the valet drove up with her AMG G 65. And the sad thing is, I'm no better.

You can take Amber Heard home so long as you're okay with her shitting in your bed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Why, does Oghoufo getting blown off the edge by Jaylen fucking Garth not give you the warm-and-fuzzies?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This would be a good dig if you had half a clue about what you’re talking about. Oghoufo didnt get blown off the ball… Sorrell guessed the wrong gap and lost contain. It’s an eye discipline issue more than a physical domination issue.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Why, does Oghoufo getting blown off the edge by Jaylen fucking Garth not give you the warm-and-fuzzies?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I know you’ve already finished yourself to that gif, but that was actually Sorrell getting driven back by Garth. Oghoufo is holding his position against Billingsley on the other side. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

her recent following doesn't seem good (all Nebraksa, 30+)... https://twitter.com/Qu33nB3374/following

got to use another source, twitter changed the sorting. this is what i use: https://en.whotwi.com/OchaunDevon/friends

only recent follow since we last looked at them maybe thur? wed? is dajon harrison

image.thumb.png.2e2346b45bbd156ed5cab15ead0a7a06.png

harrison has one of the weirdest twitter pages i have seen in a long time.

in portal, but not pinned tweet. still has all his texas pics/tags in his profile

image.thumb.png.8220ca05525b49036027cf28b8beac83.png

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, NoName said:

got to use another source, twitter changed the sorting. this is what i use: https://en.whotwi.com/OchaunDevon/friends

only recent follow since we last looked at them maybe thur? wed? is dajon harrison

image.thumb.png.2e2346b45bbd156ed5cab15ead0a7a06.png

harrison has one of the weirdest twitter pages i have seen in a long time.

in portal, but not pinned tweet. still has all his texas pics/tags in his profile

image.thumb.png.8220ca05525b49036027cf28b8beac83.png

I am not Dajon Harrison

• Haha 3

On 4/29/2022 at 7:32 AM, NoName said:

OU is going to absolutely struggle next year, they have been spoiled with Riley.

There'll be time enough for prognostication over the next few months. We'll see how confident you and your ilk are in your predictions in August.

11 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

The story doesn’t end there as the Pitt football program believes that the USC coaches illegally tampered with Addison, while he has not yet in the transfer portal. PSN has been told to expect Pitt head coach Pat Narduzzi to make a public statement that will target USC’s alleged tampering with his best player. Sources also tell Pittsburgh Sports Now that new USC head coach Lincoln Riley is believed to have used the same questionable tactics to lure Oklahoma freshman quarterback Caleb Williams from Oklahoma to USC.

While this isn’t official, the word is that USC is offering Addison a NIL deal north of $2 million to head to Southern California. PSN is also told that this isn’t the first time a program has offered Addison a large sum of money. Following the season, it’s believed that Kentucky offered the Biletnikoff winner $800,000 to go to Lexington and he turned them down.

15 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

The story doesn’t end there as the Pitt football program believes that the USC coaches illegally tampered with Addison, while he has not yet in the transfer portal. PSN has been told to expect Pitt head coach Pat Narduzzi to make a public statement that will target USC’s alleged tampering with his best player. Sources also tell Pittsburgh Sports Now that new USC head coach Lincoln Riley is believed to have used the same questionable tactics to lure Oklahoma freshman quarterback Caleb Williams from Oklahoma to USC.

While this isn’t official, the word is that USC is offering Addison a NIL deal north of $2 million to head to Southern California. PSN is also told that this isn’t the first time a program has offered Addison a large sum of money. Following the season, it’s believed that Kentucky offered the Biletnikoff winner $800,000 to go to Lexington and he turned them down.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2022/04/29/wr-jordan-addison-expected-to-leave-pitt-for-usc-greater-nil-opportunities/

29 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

So Nebraska is giving Mathis 600k to play there. And we aren't blaming our money guys for saying , dude aint worth that much. Thanks. But no thanks. 

And in the next post yall screaming how our staff sucks because Nebraska is beating us out for the kid who is making a money decision, not a whats best for me decision. 

Does that about cover it?

dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Well - now we know what the going rate is for a one year rental of the best WR in college football.  Adjust your payrolls accordingly. 

11 minutes ago, pacman said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Tymon-Mitchell-46036222/high-school-185723/

Considering Georgia had a backup (never started) linebacker drafted in the 3rd round, who knows what kind of impact this kid can have

The backup linebacker had over 100 tackles and 12 sacks in his career.

This dude had 10 tackles.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Well - now we know what the going rate is for a one year rental of the best WR in college football.  Adjust your payrolls accordingly. 

Someone on line made a very true comment that if T. Boone were still alive OSU would very much be National Champion contenders next year.

9 hours ago, Atticus said:

Oghoufo is holding his position against Billingsley on the other side. 

Umm... maybe we just have different standards as to what constitutes "holding his position." Even then, we're talking about one of our starting ends getting washed out of the play by a guy not known for blocking. 

It's one play but it's not great, Bob.

Edited by BigHorn'13

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

So Nebraska is giving Mathis 600k to play there. And we aren't blaming our money guys for saying , dude aint worth that much. Thanks. But no thanks. 

And in the next post yall screaming how our staff sucks because Nebraska is beating us out for the kid who is making a money decision, not a whats best for me decision. 

Does that about cover it

Exactly.  If our billionaires outbid their billionaires, our coaching staff would be best recruiting staff in nation.  

Instead, we play by different rules than reality and then are schocked when we lose a recruit or aggies dominate us in this game.  Sadly, for as much as we rightfully make fun of aggies, they were ahead of game and ahead of us.  We are stuck defending why this isnt real NIL.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)