2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

18 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Players are not going to have evidence of tampering.  It’s all facilitated by scum bag agents working with boosters who are signaled from the coaches via an intermediary or intermediaries of intermediaries.  

Some might not, but like in the NFL, there are players who want to be heavily involved in their pre-"free agency." Those are the guys who are going to know what went on, and the evidence is simply the details.

20 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Players are not going to have evidence of tampering.  It’s all facilitated by scum bag agents working with boosters who are signaled from the coaches via an intermediary or intermediaries of intermediaries.  

Like a mafia hit. 

John Calipari identifies a kid in NYC who he likes.  Reaches out to Rick Pitino

Pitino reaches out to Mike Piazza

Piazza figures out that Joe Girardi is this kid's second uncle.  

Girardi makes the call and completes the transaction for an ancillary fee.  Then he calls the Mr. Gatti's in Overland Park to make sure Mark Mangino isn't there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I remember having class with Leonard Davis and looking past his size and backpack--that looked like a tiny nap sack on a regular person--and just wanted him to learn humanities as a student first and foremost.  As long as he got an A, that's all that mattered.

Did I do that right as a high and mighty Longhorn fan since we clearly believe when coaches speak this student-first bullshit and clearly believe NIL needs to be done the "honorable" way?

Or do I not really care about their student experience and whether NIL is as pure as the driven snow but maybe gives us enough rings that you can't turn door knobs?  And I don't mean those sweet Alamo Bowl championship rings.

Hmmm.....someone come help me open this door.

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Like a mafia hit. 

Girardi makes the call and completes the transaction for an ancillary fee.  Then he calls the Mr. Gatti's in Overland Park to make sure Mark Mangino isn't there.

I read this whole post with my hands like 🤌

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Like a mafia hit. 

Italian Hand GIF

• Haha 7

13 hours ago, Askew said:

sarklossian and his merry band of loser fuckwits are quite possibly the most incompetent, useless, pathetic group of failed-upwards coaches that had ever been assembled

this is a really fucking dumb take.

there is a large divide between guys like PK, Jeff Choate and Terry Joseph (shoot all 3 into the sun) and people like Bo Davis, Jeff Banks, Tashard Choice and Brennan Marion.

i know people are on the fence about Milwee, Gideon and Flood.

this staff is a million times better than the B team that Tom Herman brought from U of H. Oscar Giles, Craig Naivar, Jason Washington, Corby Meekins, and Warhime. Add in Drayton (good hire), Tim Beck, Todd Orlando and Drew fucking Mehringer (literally the definition of incompetent, useless and failed-upwards) and you have everything you need to know.

this is an easy choice in almost every case:

• Bo Davis vs Oscar Giles.
  • Tashard Choice vs Stan Drayton
  • Gideon/Joseph vs Washington/Naivar
  • PK/Choate vs Todd Orlando?
  • Jeff Banks/Brennan Marion vs Meekins/Drew Mehringer?
  • Flood vs Warehime?
  • Sark/Milwee vs Herman/Tim fucking Beck?
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Go look at every national champion this century and report back to us which method the most successful. And if what @Barbacoa insinuated yesterday is believed to be true then it’s not pretty for your argument. 

Got it. You're in the cheat at all costs camp. 

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah and there is no reason to not be. NCAA is powerless and the laws are written with so much grey area. Bringing a knife to a gun fight in our future conference won't bode well.

3 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

What costs are you referring to?

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching” - C.S. Lewis

A feckless NCAA doesn't mean we need to act like Sooners or Aggy or whomever else is in the pantheon of cheaters. If the system is broken, I'd rather we work to be part of the solution and fix the system than to wallow in the mud.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hornlover said:

A feckless NCAA doesn't mean we need to act like Sooners or Aggy or whomever else is in the pantheon of cheaters. If the system is broken, I'd rather we work to be part of the solution and fix the system than to wallow in the mud.

Holy fuck...you're not going to fix the system as all the power players in the system are doing it. 

Just now, Hornlover said:

That's just a loser defeatist attitude.

No your fucking holistic thought process is the defeatist attitude. Look at every fucking national champion since 2000, they're all dirty programs. Doing anything but what they're doing is literally gimping yourself to be face fucked by the competition who is going above and beyond at all cost. 

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

"I'm part of the solution!" as the SEC shoves your face down in an ant bed and fucks you in the ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

"I'm part of the solution!" as the SEC shoves your face down in an ant bed and fucks you in the ass. 

The funny part of the whole situation is the SEC should be the biggest proponent of over-sight. They have the advantage. Its like Philip Morris before the ban on cigarette advertising (TV and Radio). Cheating allows for volatility. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

a donor could go to the kid and say “hey if you cooperate to fuck over this other school I’ll cut you a check for $200,000” or something along those lines. the kids just want money. they’re willing to bail on their teammates and friends for money. they like money. money would do it. 

Dax Shepard Money GIF

Even more powerful, probably, would be checks paid directly to each kid's parents.

Example:  200k to you, Mr. X, for your kid's signature.  Then, every year he stays at Texas, another 100k to you.  If he starts, 200k to you.  If he starts at Texas and graduates from Texas, a one million dollar annuity to you.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Like a mafia hit. 

SeIj.gif

Edited by Pato del Muerto
Don’t stop.
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Many schools right now are arguing that the right thing regarding NIL is getting every athlete the highest possible value for their NIL.

Changing the rules or making rules that can actually be enforced is a separate argument.  The groups you're calling "cheaters" are playing within the rules, the rules just really suck right now.

• Hook 'Em 2

“There’s a different type of confidence in the air right now. It’s refreshing, and it’s exciting. It’s Coach Sarkisian’s second year, and everyone’s aware of the expectations. And we all know it won’t happen overnight. But we’re ready to rise to the occasion.” - Quinn Ewers

This is leader speak. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

“There’s a different type of confidence in the air right now. It’s refreshing, and it’s exciting. It’s Coach Sarkisian’s second year, and everyone’s aware of the expectations. And we all know it won’t happen overnight. But we’re ready to rise to the occasion.” - Quinn Ewers

This is leader speak. 

Yeah, it is so much more refreshing than Beta speak

4 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

This is leader speak. 

Oh boy, lol. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

This is leader speak. 

No it isn’t. It’s a canned response polished by a professional editor and vetted by the athletic department 

19 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Many schools right now are arguing that the right thing regarding NIL is getting every athlete the highest possible value for their NIL.

Changing the rules or making rules that can actually be enforced is a separate argument.  The groups you're calling "cheaters" are playing within the rules, the rules just really suck right now.

If you are tampering, you aren't playing by the rules. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)