2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Sounds like we’re starting the excuse off early this year. “Sark has a bad roster it’s not coaching”, “this doesn’t happen overnight guys”.

Arkansas is a good example, year one was brutal and he inherited a worse roster than Texas, and in year two made a jump because of player buy in and good development of players and good coaching. It can happen and it doesn’t take 4 years of slow ass barely any improvement. We had a full off season to address areas of concern and as of now he’s gone the let’s recruit true freshman on the OL and not maybe a balanced approach with at least 2 transfers. Maybe he still will but doesn’t seem like it.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Sounds like we’re starting the excuse off early this year.

jfc it's a player's tribune article in May. What did you expect it to say?

"We are winning the natty next year. I wrote on the whiteboard the other day if you want to beat Bama meet me at DKR at 7 AM Saturday morning and the entire team showed up"

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

"We are winning the natty next year. I wrote on the whiteboard the other day if you want to beat Bama meet me at DKR at 7 AM Saturday morning and the entire team showed up"

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Fuck yes better than the same “this won’t get better overnight”. I’d love to see a team driven to beat bama and meeting up at 7am to get better. Worked for Arkansas who kicked our fucking ass up and down the field becaise they hate us while we continue to not give a fuck about playing certain teams. 

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Fuck yes better than the same “this won’t get better overnight”. I’d love to see a team driven to beat bama and meeting up at 7am to get better. Worked for Arkansas who kicked our fucking ass up and down the field becaise they hate us while we continue to not give a fuck about playing certain teams. 

Sorry a public player's tribune article didn't have the fire you were expecting

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

There are like three schools in the nation where a kid won't say something like that: Bama; Georgia; Aggy. Bama and Ga because they're already there. Aggy because they think they're there.

This is stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Are you 9? It’s been the same narrative since Charlie was here. So yea it’s tiresome to hear.

I can't honestly believe you are worked up about this.

I could give a rats ass what is said in any interview, press release, article, podcast, YouTube video. If you truly want things to change, you should care a lot more about what is shown on the field than what is said in some fucking player's tribune article. 

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

I could give a rats ass what is said in any interview, press release, article, podcast, YouTube video. If you truly want things to change, you should care a lot more about what is shown on the field than what is said in some fucking player's tribune article. 

Worked up? Who’s worked up? It’s par for the course with our university. Set the bar low and keep the “we’re getting there but slowly” narrative.

44 minutes ago, Deej said:

If you are tampering, you aren't playing by the rules. 

Except "tampering" is defined by the NCAA as contact between coach/institution/booster(?) and player signed or enrolled elsewhere. All you need is a single degree of separation in the form of NIL sponsor, HS coach, uncle, etc. and you are 100% not in violation. It's a stupid distinction without a difference, but as mentioned upthread, the rules suck right now.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

"oUr QB dInT sAy We'Re rIpPiNg EvErYoNe'S hHeaDs ofF!"

spacer.png

1 minute ago, SuperSport said:

Except "tampering" is defined by the NCAA as contact between coach/institution/booster(?) and player signed or enrolled elsewhere. All you need is a single degree of separation in the form of NIL sponsor, HS coach, uncle, etc. and you are 100% not in violation. It's a stupid distinction without a difference, but as mentioned upthread, the rules suck right now.

But if it's through an uncle or whoever, isn't it still contact?

43 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Go read this article and then go read the NCAA bylaws, and then come back and tell us what the definition of tampering is. 

I'll give you a head start:

"It's against NCAA rules for coaches to reach out to a third party to express interest in a player not yet in the portal."

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

Just seent that pendulum swing all of the way from "leader speak" over to "excuse speak" over one gotdamn throwaway cliche. Y'all stay Surly'n, boys.

He’s just saying he’s seen a successful OSU program up close and our shit show, while headed in the right direction, has a ways to go.   He’s stating the obvious.  If he was scared he would have never come to this dumpster fire so I for one am damn happy he’s here.  Lucky to have him on the team.  

2 minutes ago, Octavian said:

There is an NIL thread. Please move your moral posturing or the opposite thereof over there and fuck right off. I’d like to check this thread for transfer updates, not NCAA bylaws.

Can you please create a Tampering and Transfer Portal Rules Thread? Wouldn't want to sully up the NIL thread with Transfer Portal discussion....

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Well that and Washington isn’t good at getting open or catching the ball. Those may also have been important factors. 

Pretty much everyone on here assumed that Washington was processed - but IT at least has made it seem that this was Washington's decision.

2 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

What’s funny is I wouldn’t be surprised if we got in the mix. I do think there would be interest from our BMDs to not just get a biletnikoff winner but to pants LR at the same time. 

There is a lot of talk of hilarity on this thread.  That would be hilarious.

Just now, Barbacoa said:

What’s funny is I wouldn’t be surprised if we got in the mix. I do think there would be interest from our BMDs to not just get a biletnikoff winner but to pants LR at the same time. 

I'm willing to bet Addison takes some visits just to counter some of the tampering allegations. We would be a logical one because of Marion. But let's be real, it's USC in the end.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I'm willing to bet Addison takes some visits just to counter some of the tampering allegations. We would be a logical one because of Marion. But let's be real, it's USC in the end.

I think that's what Caleb and Mario Williams were doing.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I mean
 if we match or beat the USC offer, he gets to play in a Sarkisian offense with Quinn Ewers throwing to him, Xavier Worthy on the other side, Bijan Robinson in the backfield. I’m not sure we’re really lacking for anything vs. USC here except maybe California women/weed/weather.

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

I’m gonna look into this one because I don’t see why. If we get him on campus and have motivated $$$ available I think Marion gives us a good chance.

• Hook 'Em 4

We wouldn’t pony up $600k for Mathis, by all accounts the biggest position of need. Why the hell would we pay Addison $3M or whatever is being reported for a position of well, greed?
Other than the ‘eff LR’ vibe.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, chad.ihrig said:

We wouldn’t pony up $600k for Mathis, by all accounts the biggest position of need. Why the hell would we pay Addison $3M or whatever is being reported for a position of well, greed?
Other than the ‘eff LR’ vibe.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Addison plays offense, not defense. Haven’t you been paying attention 

3 hours ago, Hornlover said:

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching” - C.S. Lewis

A feckless NCAA doesn't mean we need to act like Sooners or Aggy or whomever else is in the pantheon of cheaters. If the system is broken, I'd rather we work to be part of the solution and fix the system than to wallow in the mud.

there is a school of thought that the way to fix the system is for us to go scorched earth and win like motherfuckers.   

"oh, what? wait, you mean you guys like rules and shit?  Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! Get over here you little rascals(gives noogie to aggy). Lets grab a beer and have a talk."

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)