2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

7 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

At some point schools may start realizing they're better off waiting until after year 1 to offer big money to guys. Because if you get them out of high school, you have to re-up every single year to keep them (if they're good). If you poach them after their freshman year, they no longer have that free transfer which pretty much kills any leverage they have to re-up.

aggy:  “Uh oh”!

California is the sunshine state, Addison will have no sun on him, Addison to Texas confirmed. 

edit: my dumb ass got the Florida and California knicknames mixed up for a second. 

Edited by TXRed
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

228A8BAA-09C6-4165-A4E1-A679C195DC3C.thumb.png.f472278f6e4355e3e1d0997d531360a3.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.539a6d9d7813c7e33073d6365c8843c3.jpeg

I wasn't going to believe him until he wrote this.  Well, that plus the fact that I saw that he's a Bemidji State grad.  Everybody knows that Bemidji State grads are the true sources when it comes to UT football.  But what's hilarious is that, even though he's a grad, he misspelled "Bemidji."

17 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

On a serious note- if that is the target and you want to have any chance of reaching that it means that what- someone has to come to the table with at least 25 million?  Typically I think the rule in fundraising is that you aren't going to more than 4X your biggest donation.

I love UT sports. I can't imagine how much money I'd have to be worth (likely there is no amount) where I'd kick in 25,000,000 to a slush fund to pay players at UT. With $25,000,000.00 you can actually look for and solve some real world problems other than- why has UT football sucked for 12 years?   

Fuck off hippie

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

24/7

image.png.683b5be485cd5b127df8ab8213c84f5f.png

Don’t leave out the sentence before that makes sure they covered all their basis 

One source feels that allocating that money depends on the player and potential impact. 

Also, it’s Roach. How many NIL sources do you think he has?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Don’t leave out the sentence before that makes sure they covered all their basis 

One source feels that allocating that money depends on the player and potential impact. 

Also, it’s Roach. How many NIL sources do you think he has?

Lol so his conclusion is that the payments depend on how good the player is? Breaking news!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Same in Austin, but it’s off Riverside. 

I will have you know sir that a million dollars goes a long ways in Dalhart. I hear our pitch to Addison includes a 20,000 sq foot home with a helicopter commute. 

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Fuck our greedy ass athletic department tbh. 

That isn’t exclusive to UT. There are AD’s all over who see their jobs as primarily to fundraise and build facilities and buildings. Success of the athletic teams is secondary. 

30 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

I saw one of the rumored things USC offered Addison was a house in LA.

Hell, a million dollar home in LA is a 1500 sq. Ft. Ranch in Compton. 

It may have been free use of a house. Not a deed. That's what I assumed they meant to report, due to the price of LA real estate.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Chopper said:

It may have been free use of a house. Not a deed. That's what I assumed they meant to report, due to the price of LA real estate.

This.  He's getting a rental to use for the 5 or 6 months he'll be in the team.  I mean, I'm sure its a damn nice house - probably got a pool and everything, but he's not getting ownership.

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This.  He's getting a rental to use for the 5 or 6 months he'll be in the team.  I mean, I'm sure its a damn nice house - probably got a pool and everything, but he's not getting ownership.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

So whats the latest? Are we getting the Brocks or what?

Do we want them at this point? Sounds like they suck. Tommy giving up 4 sacks in 6 snaps in the Bama spring game is uh.. not good. 

DSKCgW.gif

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 1