2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

10 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

To go along with this, outside of Alabama and Georgia, I’m not sure these athletes exist in droves anywhere.

I also believe there is an underappreciation for the quality of defenders/defenses in the Big 12 last year. Tied for 3rd in draft picks amongst conferences, many of which were defensive guys. And you had 3 teams get no one drafted not including Kansas.

I’d argue that our Oline has faced the best collection of pass rushers outside of Bama and Georgia. Many of those rushers have moved on to the NFL. We should be at least moderately prepared for Bamas defensive pressure.

The big 10 had like 8 DL drafted, two in the first round and one was #2 overall. Last year I think 3 big 10 DL were taken first round and 10 total. The big 12 had 4 in 2022 and 5 in 2021, not a single first round pick lol. We should win because the big 12 is ass my dude, except that we are also…wait…what. 

Dude- you are overthinking this. We would have the best RB room in college football, the best WR room in college football and a 1.000 QB and a 5
star TE, with a great offensive coordinator playing against a dogshit schedule. 

I’m in no way saying our defense won’t blow chunks, but you are taking about an offense that will average 50 a game (non Alabama portion of the schedule) and will put up 60 every third or fourth game. Like- the defense will need to get a turnover or 2 and make them kick 3 figgies and we should be fine. You are seriously underestimating what having that kind of offensive firepower will do. And I know- offensive line blah blah blah. If you are looking at Zay, Neyor, Whittington and Addison, with Bijan in the back field I don’t particularly care what our offensive line looks like- it will be good enough to light up the scoreboard. We don’t play anyone other than Bama who would be able to exploit that issue.
Also- I think the line can aspire to average. 

Are you willing to bet Texas averages 50+ in the 11 games outside of Alabama and scores 60+ three times?
This was the OU model until they hired Grinch. It was good enough to win them the conference every year. Good for me until we get used to some success and demand more.

OU has consistently trotted out NFL draft picks on the OL.

*gestures in general direction of Texas OL room*

The offense should be better than next year but will still, in all likelihood, be held back by and lose some winnable games due to OL play.

Just now, gmr548 said:

Are you willing to bet Texas averages 50+ in the 11 games outside of Alabama and scores 60+ three times?

*gestures in general direction of Texas OL room*

The offense should be better than next year but will still, in all likelihood, be held back by and lose some winnable games due to OL play.

This was predicated on us getting Addison (which isn’t happening). Yeah. I think that’s what would happen. Or at least be really close. 

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

That's a great point. As soon as I hit reply, I remembered this. We did address our OL needs last cycle though, so perhaps we are heading in that direction?

The big 10 had like 8 DL drafted, two in the first round and one was #2 overall. Last year I think 3 big 10 DL were taken first round and 10 total. The big 12 had 4 in 2022 and 5 in 2021, not a single first round pick lol. We should win because the big 12 is ass my dude, except that we are also…wait…what. 

The Big 12 guys got to the QB and put them on the ground. And we faced all of them. The Big 10 was largely Michigan, Penn State and some Wisconsin LBers. Several highly drafted Big 10 guys weren’t in the top 50 in the country in sacks. Generally speaking Big 10 teams didn’t create TFLs in great numbers. Some of those Big 10 teams got to miss their best pass rushers. None of that is to say these Big 12 guys are great NFL prospects, but they are effective college pass rushers. That said, nobody does it like Will Anderson. Maybe mostly one year wonder Hutchinson but he’s gone.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Absolutely correct. 
top 5 type teams with studly defensive lines would pack our shit in. We don’t play anyone like that in our conference. It’s a stupid fear. If we score 50+ all the time we aren’t going 6-6. It’s all a moot point though as we aren’t signing Addison. 

I am just allowing myself to imagine a 5 wide set of: Addison, Worthy, Neyor, Hall, and Thompson. That is pretty fucking scary. Then we pull Thompson off and put in Bijan. Then we pull Hall off and put in Sanders. Its a freak show of talent. I know this will never happen, but even without Addison I have no complaints. Except defense... and offensive line.. and coaching skullfuckery.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I am just allowing myself to imagine a 5 wide set of: Addison, Worthy, Neyor, Hall, and Thompson. That is pretty fucking scary. Then we pull Thompson off and put in Bijan. The. We pull Hall off and put in Sanders. Its a freak show of talent. I know this will never happen, but even without Addison I have no complaints. Except defense... and offensive line.. and coaching skullfuckery.

All gas, no tires.

• Haha 4

It's better to be elite on one side of the ball then average on both. Oklahoma (offense) proved this for over a decade. Georgia (defense) the past half decade is another data point. Obviously, you'd prefer to be elite on one-side and at least good on the other, but it's better to be elite one side, below average on the other side versus just average on both sides. Elite is unstoppable, which always gives you a chance in the end.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gidnik said:

there were good players in the portal early on and we didnt go all in on getting them.  its not a stupid point.  we averaged 14 points per game in the second half. we should have been 100% all in on every offensive and defensive lineman that was worth a fuck

Ben Vereen Reaction GIF by CBS

9 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I am just allowing myself to imagine a 5 wide set of: Addison, Worthy, Neyor, Hall, and Thompson. That is pretty fucking scary. Then we pull Thompson off and put in Bijan. Then we pull Hall off and put in Sanders. Its a freak show of talent. I know this will never happen, but even without Addison I have no complaints. Except defense... and offensive line.. and coaching skullfuckery.

It would be like a…10 yard minimum offense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

It's better to be elite on one side of the ball then average on both. Oklahoma (offense) proved this for over a decade. Georgia (defense) the past half decade is another data point. Obviously, you'd prefer to be elite on one-side and at least good on the other, but it's better to be elite one side, below average on the other side versus just average on both sides. Elite is unstoppable, which always gives you a chance in the end.

Bro I have really bad news for you about our offensive line. 

• Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Had Enough said:

The Big 12 guys got to the QB and put them on the ground. And we faced all of them. The Big 10 was largely Michigan, Penn State and some Wisconsin LBers. Several highly drafted Big 10 guys weren’t in the top 50 in the country in sacks. Generally speaking Big 10 teams didn’t create TFLs in great numbers. Some of those Big 10 teams got to miss their best pass rushers. None of that is to say these Big 12 guys are great NFL prospects, but they are effective college pass rushers. That said, nobody does it like Will Anderson. Maybe mostly one year wonder Hutchinson but he’s gone.

the big 10 is an OL haven for the NFL.  They have superior OL play across the board which is why the NFL likes the DL that come from the big 10 because their stats are against really good competition. The Big 12 has blOwU, all the other OL are average to poor on a yearly basis. What other team in the big 12 consistently has great OL's that make defenses work hard year in and year out? Two OL drafted from the big 12 in 2022, both in the 7th round. 11 OL from the big 10 were drafted this year, and one center was first round from Iowa. The competition across the board is not even close. The big 12 kinda blows, and we should win it way more often than we do. 

We scored fewer that 25 points in half (6) our games last season and 5 of our losses were by one score - that isn't happening in 2022 (non-Alabama schedule). 
May 1st has come and gone and no school is going to approve a waiver for a top defensive player.  Addison is by far the best player available in the portal and it would be idiotic not to go after him.
That was post blowU game where Casey's thumb was fucked up far more than anyone but he and the coaches knew...and turtle era Hudson Card. I could be wrong, but I think that thumb cost us at least 2-3 wins, defense or no defense.
  • Hook 'Em 5

54 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

The first guy seems like he has a very feeble grasp of language.  It sounds like he has a hard time making words.  

They both sound exactly like people who would fall for this stuff.  theres no doubt one of them has donated money to a Nigerian prince to help him out.

Lot of scared bitch takes on here about the Bama' game.  They weren't exactly a dominating road team last year going to 4 OT's to beat an average Auburn team and winning by 2 against a not very good Florida team and lost to Zac fucking Calzada.  One score win over LSU.

I don't expect to win, but I don't see some 28+ point loss either.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lot of scared bitch takes on here about the Bama' game.  They weren't exactly a dominating road team last year going to 4 OT's to beat an average Auburn team and winning by 2 against a not very good Florida team and lost to Zac fucking Calzada.  One score win over LSU.

• Haha 7

45 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Shan seems a little butthurt.

These reactions are hilarious to me, people are acting like the tweet’s purpose was to trick people into running with it as a real story. 

It wasn’t exactly the most subtle of jokes yet it flew way over the head of “the most legit sports radio host in the DFW market”. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

These reactions are hilarious to me, people are acting like the tweet’s purpose was to trick people into running with it as a real story. 

It wasn’t exactly the most subtle of jokes yet it flew way over the head of “the most legit sports radio host in the DFW market”. 

Holy shit that’s embarrassing. Hey Will your fictional character in that made up story on this idiotic ass platform took away some air time from all my legit stories. I work hard for this info. Fuck Twitter. I wish we could neg that snowflake into Bolivia. Lol 

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

image.gif

2 hours ago, ousux said:
15 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:
We scored fewer that 25 points in half (6) our games last season and 5 of our losses were by one score - that isn't happening in 2022 (non-Alabama schedule). 
May 1st has come and gone and no school is going to approve a waiver for a top defensive player.  Addison is by far the best player available in the portal and it would be idiotic not to go after him.

That was post blowU game where Casey's thumb was fucked up far more than anyone but he and the coaches knew...and turtle era Hudson Card. I could be wrong, but I think that thumb cost us at least 2-3 wins, defense or no defense.

it's actually the opposite.  Thompson's thumb injury has taken a life of its own in some spaces on this board and used to justify all kinds of excuses for Thompson's play - with a big assist through Charles Thompson's mouthpiece, Chip Brown.  The thumb injury was not that severe, but was a useful crutch to for the Thompson crew to shift blame.  QB play definitely cost the team wins, but that was because of a lack of talent/buy in more than a thumb injury.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Exactly. It's not like they are some powerhouse road team like Kansas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

michael jordan laughing GIF

• Haha 2