2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Just now, Reese Bennett said:

On the one yard line.

We should be able to run some of these formations with our rb’s. Shift into pre-snap and go on quick count. Of course’ mix in a wishbone formation (thank you very much) once in a while. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

He's not going to get more balls than Worthy here. 

Is there a minimum number or balls in Worthy’s contract? I believe the football should be thrown to the guy who’s open and/or has the potential for obtaining the most yardage. It seems the best receiver in college football might challenge for those touches. 

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Is there a minimum number or balls in Worthy’s contract? I believe the football should be thrown to the guy who’s open and/or has the potential for obtaining the most yardage. It seems the best receiver in college football might challenge for those touches. 

They will both eat.. can't double both

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Just have them run the same route and play a game of 500. Can't be any worse than last year

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Chris Gilbert has been a great asset for Texas Football... 🤘

Chris has been an absolute stud for Texas. He saved a few really important recruitments last cycle. If he was a full time assistant who could go on the road he would instantly become one of our top 3 recruiters. 

Big dick energy.  Why wouldn’t Addison want to play next to 2 future 1st rounders in Bijan and Worthy along with a QB that’s projected right now in to go early 1st round if not the #1 pick in almost all 2024 projected drafts.  Then you’ve got a guy like Ja’Tavion Sanders that by all accounts has looked like the 5 star player he was thought to be this spring.  Throw him a 1 mil NiL deal and let’s see if USC really has guys lined to shell the money they say they have.  Clearly they’ve got some funds with Mathis not choosing Texas.  Who knows, you got the kid on campus, see if you can change his mind… Fuck USC and Bama.  

4 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Big dick energy.  Why wouldn’t Addison want to play next to 2 future 1st rounders in Bijan and Worthy along with a QB that’s projected right now in to go early 1st round if not the #1 pick in almost all 2024 projected drafts.  Then you’ve got a guy like Ja’Tavion Sanders that by all accounts has looked like the 5 star player he was thought to be this spring.  Throw him a 1 mil NiL deal and let’s see if USC really has guys lined to shell the money they say they have.  Clearly they’ve got some funds with Mathis not choosing Texas.  Who knows, you got the kid on campus, see if you can change his mind… Fuck USC and Bama.  

That's not even in the ballpark...

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

$1M isn't going to do it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

USC has been rumored to throw what 2-3 mil?  Riley made a run at Worthy and he’s here for what… 800k.   2-3 mil is a big jump from 800k.  Let’s see if they have it.  Not sure how serious Texas is at making a pitch to him, but if they are, throw whatever you’ve got and see if USC actually has its funds lined up.

13 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I would really really really love to see the numbers on some of this stuff. It seems absurd and I was one of the ones screaming from the rooftops this was going to be way bigger than most people anticipated, but 3+ Million rivals salary for a top 10 draft pick. Being paid by dudes who get nothing more for their money than the amusement of saying they helped buy a player in many instances. Would it be super shocking if we found out some of the numbers were bullshit?  I mean a couple years ago Bama was buying the bluest of the blue for $80k, now guys are on 1 year deals at 3 or 4 million. Crazy shit if true. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I’m thinking like most they (USC) already have a deal in place. Whether anyone can or wants to belly up enough to get him away remains to be seen. I don’t think $1M is the ceiling on this guy.

If anyone thinks these visits will take the scent off USC tampering, they are not bright. It’s just that no one cares. Unless the NCAA comes out tomorrow and says they are reviewing the situation (they won’t), no one really has to do this song and dance. But they are still doing it for some reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I would really really really love to see the numbers on some of this stuff. It seems absurd and I was one of the ones screaming from the rooftops this was going to be way bigger than most people anticipated, but 3+ Million rivals salary for a top 10 draft pick. Being paid by dudes who get nothing more for their money than the amusement of saying they helped buy a player in many instances. Would it be super shocking if we found out some of the numbers were bullshit?  I mean a couple years ago Bama was buying the bluest of the blue for $80k, now guys are on 1 year deals at 3 or 4 million. Crazy shit if true. 

If you’re having an auction all you need is 2 highly motivated bidders.  If you only have one bidder, you create a shill bidder. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

If anyone thinks these visits will take the scent off USC tampering, they are not bright. It’s just that no one cares. Unless the NCAA comes out tomorrow and says they are reviewing the situation (they won’t), no one really has to do this song and dance. But they are still doing it for some reason. 

It seems unseemly so they have a guilty conscience I think. Bad perception.