2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Is there a minimum number or balls in Worthy’s contract? I believe the football should be thrown to the guy who’s open and/or has the potential for obtaining the most yardage. It seems the best receiver in college football might challenge for those touches. 
How we gonna get Bijan the Heisman and still allow 4 stud receivers enough to eat enough to stand out?

#undefeated

22 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I would really really really love to see the numbers on some of this stuff. It seems absurd and I was one of the ones screaming from the rooftops this was going to be way bigger than most people anticipated, but 3+ Million rivals salary for a top 10 draft pick. Being paid by dudes who get nothing more for their money than the amusement of saying they helped buy a player in many instances. Would it be super shocking if we found out some of the numbers were bullshit?  I mean a couple years ago Bama was buying the bluest of the blue for $80k, now guys are on 1 year deals at 3 or 4 million. Crazy shit if true. 

It’s new and people are spending recklessly. I think once the returns don’t really yield to expectations market will reset itself. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ousux said:

How we gonna get Bijan the Heisman and still allow 4 stud receivers enough to eat enough to stand out?

#undefeatedemoji869.png

We’ll have plenty of plays to go around. The D probably won’t spend a lot of time on the field.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

It’s new and people are spending recklessly. I think once the returns don’t really yield to expectations market will reset itself. 

This is what will happen. I don't see how what is going on now is sustainable for very long.

45 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This is what will happen. I don't see how what is going on now is sustainable for very long.

It won't be sustainable for anyone out of the top 20-30 richest alumni schools but I think you underestimate the willingness of even smart people to throw good money after bad...a lot.

one player can't buy you a championship in football so it will slow down some once the bust rate is known.

now basketball on the other hand could be "holy shit" territory.

We’ll have plenty of plays to go around. The D probably won’t spend a lot of time on the field.
So tons of 3 and outs for opposing offenses? That will be a neat magic trick basically using the same players from last year, but ok!

37 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

It won't be sustainable for anyone out of the top 20-30 richest alumni schools but I think you underestimate the willingness of even smart people to throw good money after bad...a lot.

one player can't buy you a championship in football so it will slow down some once the bust rate is known.

now basketball on the other hand could be "holy shit" territory.

I think you'll stop seeing HS seniors get stupid money without playing a down of college football. Addison is a probably a poor example for my comment as he's the reigning Biletnikoff winner. He's probably one of the few who "deserves" what he's going to get from USC. He's proven himself to be one of the best in the college game.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, The Dog said:

This was originally USC recruiting him into the portal, then Alabama recruiting him and having the lead, to Texas having a visit and him being sponsored by the local Lambo dealer. 

Nobody knows shit.

The only person getting confident on the Texas side is Nahlin who has a history of gaslighting his readers at IT. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Do we know who owns the dealership?  I haven’t lived in Austin in 15 years.

Last I heard it was Ricky Vega running the Lamborghini dealership and his dad runs the Ferrari dealer in Austin (along with multiple other dealers in central and South America).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Candi Fisther said:

Last I heard it was Ricky Vega running the Lamborghini dealership and his dad runs the Ferrari dealer in Austin (along with multiple other dealers in central and South America).

Username checks out?

Bobby

Steve Sarkisian has completely answered one question I had of him before he took the Texas job.

I wondered just how much of a killer he would try to be on the recruiting trail.

From afar, he had always struck me as a fairly mild-mannered, cerebral coach, more in the mold of a John Mackovic than any other previous Texas coach I could compare him to. Mackovic was a bright offensive mind but often left the recruiting to his assistants.

But I don’t have any questions about Sark’s recruiting fervor any longer.

With Jordan Addison showing up on campus this week, Sark has entered full assassin mode.

That’s not to mention the top five recruiting class in December or bringing in Quinn Ewers, Isaiah Neyor, Jahleel Billingsley and Ryan Watts through the portal.

In truth, the question probably could have been answered for me when the Horns pursued Agiye Hall. That was perhaps the biggest tell to date. Sark didn’t want just good players; he wanted great ones, enough so that he’d take a chance on a lottery ticket like Hall.

One of the cons I had listed on Sark prior to his arrival in Austin was his recruiting, whether or not he could compete and would be willing to compete as hard as the Sabans of the world. And I just didn’t know how or if his style would fit at Texas compared to the West Coast, where he had spent all of his head coaching career.

It appears I have my answer, and it easily exceeds any expectation.

Sark is playing for keeps.

Addison won the Biletnikoff Award for the nation’s top receiver a year ago. The sophomore recorded 100 catches for 1,593 yards and 17 touchdowns.

But he’s far from a one-hit wonder.

As a true freshman, Addison had 60 catches for 666 yards and four TDs.

Whoever gets Addison, whether it’s Texas, USC or Alabama, gets a proven highly productive and skilled receiver. They get a future first-round pick.

• Hook 'Em 3

Who ends up on the field w/ Addison in the mix? Bijan is no brainer for RB but you potentially have:

WR:

Worthy, Neyor, Whittington, Addison

TE:

Billingsley, Sanders, Helm

RB:

B. Robinson, Johnson, K. Robinson

What would your preferred personnel grouping be and who would sit?

Edited by Octavian

45 minutes ago, Candi Fisther said:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ricardo-vega-867229138

Seems to check out

7 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Who ends up on the field w/ Addison in the mix? Bijan is no brainer for RB but you potentially have:

WR:

TE:

RB:

Do we have to have 5 Offensive linemen?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

WR:
TE:
RB:

It’s pretty easy to get a healthy snap count between four receivers, and Whittington will be hurt by conference play anyway.
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Octavian said:

WR:

TE:

RB:

13 minutes ago, Octavian said:

WR:

TE:

RB:

The versatility of Bijan, Worthy, Whittington, Roschon, Billingsley, and Sanders make personnel groupings pretty impossible to predict. We could line up in 22 and motion into 10, 11, 01, or empty. We could line up in 10 and end up in 11, 12, 21, or 22. The optionality is what makes it attractive. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The versatility of Bijan, Worthy, Whittington, Roschon, Billingsley, Sanders, and Keilan make personnel groupings pretty impossible to predict. We could line up in 22 and motion into 10, 11, 01, or empty. We could line up in 10 and end up in 11, 12, 21, or 22. The optionality is what makes it attractive. 

1 hour ago, Octavian said:

WR:

TE:

RB:

Hall didn’t transfer here to play bench.  If we get Addison, Sark would be one BMF if he can keep Hall interested enough this year to get him into next year where he’d be a major contributor. 
Hell, Hall was in a better position to contribute at Bama this year (assuming he wasn’t about to get suspended) than here and that’s before potentially getting Addison. 

Edited by EZ$

1 hour ago, Octavian said:

WR:

TE:

RB:

I'm just not sure if the numbers are gonna work out....

13 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Is there a minimum number or balls in Worthy’s contract? I believe the football should be thrown to the guy who’s open and/or has the potential for obtaining the most yardage. It seems the best receiver in college football might challenge for those touches. 

Yes there is a minimum. He's a star and being courted by everyone. He's put in the work and he's going to get the ball. For Addison, it's about personality I guess. He might want to be the uncontested number one, the star. Or if he's smart he might want another super-badass like Worthy to take the pressure away and open things up. Not sure which one he is. I was curious where he'd be if he went to SC. At Texas he would be 1A / 1B. 

17 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Hall didn’t transfer here to play bench.  If we get Addison, Sark would be one BMF if he can keep Hall interested enough this year to get him into next year where he’d be a major contributor. 
Hell, Hall was in a better position to contribute at Bama this year (assuming he wasn’t about to get suspended) than here and that’s before potentially getting Addison. 

I think Sark sold Hall on the fact that we will likely lose Neyor and Whittington, (and Addison hypothetically) to the draft and that even if he wasn't a full time starter this year he would be next year opposite Worthy. 

Edited by Vertigo