2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Sark managed having Ruggs, Waddle, Smith, Metchie, Jeudy, Billingsley all on the 2019 team and most of those on the 2020 team as well.  All but Billingsley were drafted.  These players know they well get their touches and featured in this offense.  I would not count on Whittington even lasting half a season.  I've heard the same thing every year, that he's taken care of his body and he's in the best shape only for him to get hurt in fall camp or as soon as the season starts.  Hall hasn't proven shit and was basically kicked off Bama.  He's a guy that I would take a flyer on but you certainly don't want to depend on him.  Right now we've got Worthy and Neyor that haven proven to stay healthy, consistent, and can produce.  You 100% add Addison if you can.  If Whittington wants to explore the portal, let's see which elite offenses are going to guarantee him a starting spot when he's played a total of what 13 games in 4 years so far?    If any of Neyor, Worthy, or Whittington get injured, we're basically fucked again like we were last year.  You cannot just have 1-2 guy that can play.  We  have to follow the Bama, LSU, UGA, tOSU model of stacking elite talent in a room and let it sort itself out. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The versatility of Bijan, Worthy, Whittington, Roschon, Billingsley, and Sanders make personnel groupings pretty impossible to predict. We could line up in 22 and motion into 10, 11, 01, or empty. We could line up in 10 and end up in 11, 12, 21, or 22. The optionality is what makes it attractive. 

With 6 skill players out there a 5 OL the personnel grouping maybe unlimited, but also amazingly limiting to play without a QB

Joking, but I am not seeing this amazing versatility. Bijan is a good WR and Sanders has potential to be good both the run game and the passing game. Billingsley is versatile only in the fact that people call a 215 pound receiver a TE. I dont see  a ton of position flexibility here (maybe Whit, but that woudl scare me)

Edited by Codaxx
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

With 6 skill players out there a 5 OL the personnel grouping maybe unlimited, but also amazingly limiting to play without a QB

Joking, but I am not seeing this amazing versatility. Bijan is a good WR and Sanders has potential to be good both the run game and the passing game. Billingsley is versatile only in the fact that people call a 215 pound receiver a TE. I dont see  a ton of position flexibility here (maybe Whit, but that woudl scare me)

I do.  Bijan could be a Div 1 WR if he wanted to out of HS.  He's got great route running and hands for a RB.  He was essentially our 2nd best receiving threat last year once Whitt got injured.  Sanders is basically a WR with elite hands that has now apparently learned how to block.  There's not shortage of film of him on youtube mossing players if you want to watch his HUDL.  Both Sanders and Bijan can be flexed out and still be a huge mismatch for a defense.  Not too many LBs are going to be able cover Sanders, Robinson, Billingsley on routes over the middle without safety help.  How many defenses have CBs that can cover Worthy and Neyor 1 on 1 without safety help.  I'm really liking how this offense is setting up if we can get these freshman to be able to just play even at an average level.

Edited by victory88

52 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Hall didn’t transfer here to play bench.  If we get Addison, Sark would be one BMF if he can keep Hall interested enough this year to get him into next year where he’d be a major contributor. 
Hell, Hall was in a better position to contribute at Bama this year (assuming he wasn’t about to get suspended) than here and that’s before potentially getting Addison. 

Sark can ask him to be JWhitt's backup and then show his injury history. Problem solved!

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

Sark can ask him to be JWhitt's backup and then show his injury history. Problem solved!

actual conversation: "J Whitt will be the starter until he sprains his toe running out onto the field on the first play offensive of the year. Are you ok with that?"

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I do.  Bijan could be a Div 1 WR if he wanted to out of HS.  He's got great route running and hands for a RB.  He was essentially our 2nd best receiving threat last year once Whitt got injured.  Sanders is basically a WR with elite hands that has now apparently learned how to block.  There's not shortage of film of him on youtube mossing players if you want to watch his HUDL.  Both Sanders and Bijan can be flexed out and still be a huge mismatch for a defense.  Not too many LBs are going to be able cover Sanders, Robinson, Billingsley on routes over the middle without safety help.  How many defenses have CBs that can cover Worthy and Neyor 1 on 1 without safety help.  I'm really liking how this offense is setting up if we can get these freshman to be able to just play even at an average level.

I mentioned Bijan and Sanders, but oddly that was the focus of your reply. That said neither Billingsley or Sanders have proven they can play as an in-line player, which it kind of important if you are talking about versatility. Versatility would be having the ability to go into 12 personnel and have TEs that could maul DEs and LBs in the run game one play and than going empty the next and having a mismatch in coverage. Having TEs that cant block, but can run is not versatility. Hopefully, Sanders can be a well rounded TE. LIke I said, Bijan's versatility is proven. JWhitt has the ability, but fragility is an issue. I wouldnt put him in the backfield. Worthy is a cheeseburger away from being Mr Ethiopia, so I am not sure what versatility he has. 

8 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I mentioned Bijan and Sanders, but oddly that was the focus of your reply. That said neither Billingsley or Sanders have proven they can play as an in-line player, which it kind of important if you are talking about versatility. Versatility would be having the ability to go into 12 personnel and have TEs that could maul DEs and LBs in the run game one play and than going empty the next and having a mismatch in coverage. Having TEs that cant block, but can run is not versatility. Hopefully, Sanders can be a well rounded TE. LIke I said, Bijan's versatility is proven. JWhitt has the ability, but fragility is an issue. I wouldnt put him in the backfield. Worthy is a cheeseburger away from being Mr Ethiopia, so I am not sure what versatility he has. 

Bijan: RB, WR-Z, WR-Y

Roschon: RB, WR-Y

Worthy: WR-Z, WR-X, WR-Y

Whittington: WR-Y, WR-Z, RB, and probably WR-X

Billingsley: TE-Flex (H), motion to any WR depth

Sanders: TE-Inline, TE-Flex, motion to any WR depth

I'm not sure I agree with all of the fragile Whittington comments here either. The guy was wound up like a spring to showcase glamour muscles, got got with strains, changed his behavior and broke a collarbone. The injury prevention things he's done have worked. I agree, he needs to prove it through a season, but I don't attribute the collarbone injury to vanity or within his control. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Bijan: RB, WR-Z, WR-Y

Roschon: RB, WR-Y

Worthy: WR-Z, WR-X, WR-Y

Whittington: WR-Y, WR-Z, RB, and probably WR-X

Billingsley: TE-Flex (H), motion to any WR depth

Sanders: TE-Inline, TE-Flex, motion to any WR depth

I'm not sure I agree with all of the fragile Whittington comments here either. The guy was wound up like a spring to showcase glamour muscles, got got with strains, changed his behavior and broke a collarbone. The injury prevention things he's done have worked. I agree, he needs to prove it through a season, but I don't attribute the collarbone injury to vanity or within his control. 

You could do some pretty unique things with lineups, one I was thinking about earlier would be an empty set with an inline tight end that could block or release. 

That would be Worthy, Addison, Whittington, Neyor, and Sanders

4 wides with Bijan obviously

Worthy, Addison, and Neyor plus Bijan and Roschon in the go-go

5 wide with Worthy, Addison, Whittington, Neyor, and Hall or Thompson

That is just a scary amount of options. Good luck doing anything against that offense but playing 3 high safeties and giving a 5 man box to Bijan all game. 

Edited by Vertigo

7 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Addison isn't coming here, JFC

The dude isn't coming off a 100 catch, Biletnikoff award winning season to split catches with Worthy, Neyor, Whittington and Hall.

Especially with a Heisman contender in the backfield.

pussy-nicolas-cage.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

The dude isn't coming off a 100 catch, Biletnikoff award winning season to split catches with Worthy, Neyor, Whittington and Hall.

Not that I don't appreciate tempering expectations, but if the alternative is getting double-teamed every down, which option would be better? If we score run that skill out there, I don't think 50 points a game is unreasonable (better QB and more than one healthy WR) and there should be plenty of opportunity for touches. And don't act like (1) it's a given that Whittington is healthy all year and (2) Hall is going to remotely get in the way of Addison getting his looks.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, victory88 said:

Big dick energy.  Why wouldn’t Addison want to play next to 2 future 1st rounders in Bijan and Worthy along with a QB that’s projected right now in to go early 1st round if not the #1 pick in almost all 2024 projected drafts.  Then you’ve got a guy like Ja’Tavion Sanders that by all accounts has looked like the 5 star player he was thought to be this spring.  Throw him a 1 mil NiL deal and let’s see if USC really has guys lined to shell the money they say they have.  Clearly they’ve got some funds with Mathis not choosing Texas.  Who knows, you got the kid on campus, see if you can change his mind… Fuck USC and Bama.  

Do you really wanna know why?

9 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

If we broke the bank for Addison- who is a luxury but would not spend the money for Mathis who we desperately needed we are more fucked than I thought. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Not that I don't appreciate tempering expectations, but if the alternative is getting double-teamed every down, which option would be better? If we score run that skill out there, I don't think 50 points a game is unreasonable (better QB and more than one healthy WR) and there should be plenty of opportunity for touches. And don't act like (1) it's a given that Whittington is healthy all year and (2) Hall is going to remotely get in the way of Addison getting his looks.

It's posts like this that makes me think that we're also on the aggy roller coaster.

6 minutes ago, Dummy said:

2021- 45.7 pts led the nation

2020- 49.8 led the nation

2019- 48.4 led the nation

2018- 48.4 le the nation

2017- 48.2 led the nation

2016- 45.5  led the nation

2015- 48.1 

2014- 48.2

2013- 52.4

2012- 51.5 

It is unreasonable to ask an offense to score more points than any offense since 2013 with a freshman QB with 0 starts. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

This.... and then when we don't get him, (we never were) people are going to bitch that Sark can't close the deal.   Personally, while I would love the addition, I'm more concerned about our lack of defense.  

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If we broke the bank for Addison- who is a luxury but would not spend the money for Mathis who we desperately needed we are more fucked than I thought. 

his momma swore it was scheme and the fact that they made his brother feel just as important as Ochuan.. 

also, Addison makes the team better without Ochuan, because he's actually proven

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sure is a lot of confidence that we won’t get a guy who has been in Austin since Monday and has no other visits scheduled yet.

I've yet to see anyone explain why Addison would use Marion merely as a USC decoy, if their relationship is truly as important as we've been told.

16 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I've yet to see anyone explain why Addison would use Marion merely as a USC decoy, if their relationship is truly as important as we've been told.

He's either having a good time or is serious.  Simply flying over another campus suffices any tampering concerns.

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sure is a lot of confidence that we won’t get a guy who has been in Austin since Monday and has no other visits scheduled yet.

Yet.  If no visit to USC has been scheduled,  is there any possibility that they (USC) were told to not recruit Addison due to the obvious tampering to push him to the portal?

I am wishcasting Addison to Texas and will drink any Kool aid until he tells us no and other visits are scheduled. 

I also don't think he'd pull Marion's strings if he wasn't serious.  Marion was his position coach during his breakout season, not whoever the coach is at USC.  USC has probably a more questionable roster than we do and plays in a conference worse than the big 12 where no one watches their games nationally due to playing in a pacific time zone.  If we have the funds lined up, why the hell wouldn't he want to play for a coach he has a great relationship where he's got 2 other skill players that are going to help create a lot of 1 on 1 situations for him.  If he chooses, USC... cool.   But he's on campus and there's a lot we can offer him if not more than USC when it comes to the total  package.  

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 3

Also... Malcolm fucking Epps is one of Riley's starting players right now.  Does Addison want to face double teams with Epps next to him or would he like having Bijan, Worthy, Neyor, Whittington, Sanders playing along side him with Ewers throwing him the ball.  Add in the fact he gets to continue to be coached by Marion... a guy he trusts.  I think this simply comes down to the money and if we can have it lined up for him.

Edited by victory88
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Yet.  If no visit to USC has been scheduled,  is there any possibility that they (USC) were told to not recruit Addison due to the obvious tampering to push him to the portal?

I am wishcasting Addison to Texas and will drink any Kool aid until he tells us no and other visits are scheduled. 

Who would tell USC anything? Please say the NCAA so I can laugh my ass off.

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I also don't think he'd pull Marion's strings if he wasn't serious.  Marion was his position coach during his breakout season, not whoever the coach is at USC.  USC has probably a more questionable roster than we do and plays in a conference worse than the big 12 where no one watches their games nationally due to playing in a pacific time zone.  If we have the funds lined up, why the hell wouldn't he want to play for a coach he has a great relationship where he's got 2 other skill players that are going to help create a lot of 1 on 1 situations for him.  If he chooses, USC... cool.   But he's on campus and there's a lot we can offer him if not more than USC when it comes to the total  package.  

Is this the right time to discuss state tax rates in CA?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

His trip so far reminds me of Jordan Hicks, let's hope it lasts as long.

8 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I was already too old to really enjoy following recruiting but this ridiculous shit of having to re-recruit the entire roster every fucking year is totally ridiculous and unsustainable. 

I dunno. It’s not like these millionaires coaches have second jobs. I think they can find time for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1