2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

This Addison-Mathis comparison is stupid. For the $2-3M being offered Addison we could fill multiple roster issues with a DE, LB, and 2 OL each at $500-600K per. The concept of a superteam doesn't work in football.

whether you agree with it or not.. they aren't looking for OL in the portal.  They are content with the class coming in next month.

1 hour ago, Tylerocks said:

Addison isn't coming here, JFC

The dude isn't coming off a 100 catch, Biletnikoff award winning season to split catches with Worthy, Neyor, Whittington and Hall.

Especially with a Heisman contender in the backfield.

Would hate for him to come here and create a situation where he doesn't get double teamed as often. I mean look how that worked out for those Ohio State receivers in this last draft.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tylerocks said:

Addison isn't coming here, JFC

The dude isn't coming off a 100 catch, Biletnikoff award winning season to split catches with Worthy, Neyor, Whittington and Hall.

Especially with a Heisman contender in the backfield.

not with a fucking attitude like that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, 6th Street said:

This Addison-Mathis comparison is stupid.

sad jack black GIF

For the $2-3M being offered Addison we could fill multiple roster issues with a DE, LB, and 2 OL each at $500-600K per.

hmm-nope.gif

The concept of a superteam doesn't work in football.

0*wS-xpAGhVBOH47uH.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Yeah those ou, Bama, LSU, tOSU offenses with multiple 1st round offensive players definitely didn't help them make CFP appearances.  Let's go overpay a bunch of nobodies at LB, DE, and OL that aren't available in the portal...

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 5

Just now, victory88 said:

Yeah those ou, Bama, LSU, tOSU offenses with multiple 1st offensive players definitely didn't help them make CFP appearances.  Let's go overpay a bunch of nobodies at LB, DE, and OL that aren't available in the portal...

our leading sackmaster came from the portal last year

32 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

This Addison-Mathis comparison is stupid. For the $2-3M being offered Addison we could fill multiple roster issues with a DE, LB, and 2 OL each at $500-600K per. The concept of a superteam doesn't work in football.

Can’t really tell other people how to spend their money. Those responsible think Addison is worth it and Mathis wasn’t. I don’t really understand crying about it. I, for one, would be thrilled to add a player to the team at this point in the offseason who would immediately be one of the top 2 or 3 guys on my roster.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yeah those ou, Bama, LSU, tOSU offenses with multiple 1st round offensive players definitely didn't help them make CFP appearances.  Let's go overpay a bunch of nobodies at LB, DE, and OL that aren't available in the portal...

Those teams all had quality line play. And we will have very bad line play

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Can’t really tell other people how to spend their money. Those responsible think Addison is worth it and Mathis wasn’t. I don’t really understand crying about it. I, for one, would be thrilled to add a player to the team at this point in the offseason who would immediately be one of the top 2 or 3 guys on my roster.

This seems like it's a problem with the coaches and administration not being involved. We need someone to set priorities on who to off NIL deals to. 

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

If we broke the bank for Addison- who is a luxury but would not spend the money for Mathis who we desperately needed we are more fucked than I thought. 

Lulz, one is the best player at his position in college football, the other is a JAG that only had success in a season where no one got time to prepare and that limited success came against teams that went 9-20 in that season. If Nebraska really gave him $600K, then they are fucking idiots.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

"Hey I got a guy from TCU whose numbers aren't great and doesn't have a history of big numbers. And he's not going make our bad-to-mediocre defense actually turn a corner; it will still produce no excitement and mostly piss us off. Want to throw hundreds of thousands of your dollars at him!?"

vs.

"Hey, I got a Biletnikoff winner. Literal #1 in the nation at his position and basically a guaranteed first round draft pick to add firepower to an offense that already looks awesome. He'll make our superstar Worthy look even better and shore up the massive investment we made in Ewers. Want to throw hundreds of thousands of your dollars at him?!"

It's really not hard to understand the thought process at all. I don't get why so many don't get it.  Also, I can't remember a time where Texas ever lost big with elite talent.  Even that shit head Greg Davis generally beat the shit out of everyone that wasn't really really good when we had a decided talent advantage (usually with shitty OL- even).  

The only thing that ruins this offense if Addison shows up is if Ewers ends up sucking. Or if like 3 of our receivers get hurt.  We can even fade an injury to Bijan (would suck) or Bijan and Roshan (would suck even more) and not miss too terribly much of a beat.  If Ewers is good. Not great.  Not tremendous.  Merely good.  He looks like he will be at least good. If he fucks up it will probably be b/c he takes Farve like chances and throws 3 picks to go along with his 5 TD's, not because he turtles like a giant pussy back there. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Addison is a projected 1st round pick and a Belitnikoff winner with what... 17 TDs last year.   Mathis was projected to go undrafted this year and had what.... 3-4 sacks last year? Maybe the people shelling out over half a million dollars for players want their money to go to actual guys that are difference makers.  If Mathis was an elite prospect, I definitely didn't see the schools that are making CFP appearances really make a run for him.   He ended up at fucking Nebraska where guys like Casey Thompson ended up when they couldn't find a decent landing spot.  Mathis is taking the money now  because the dude knows there's a decent chance he's an UDFA or very low draft pick at this point.

Apparently, he also didn't want to play standing up, even though he'd likely have to play standing up in the NFL.

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I'm not sure I agree with all of the fragile Whittington comments here either. The guy was wound up like a spring to showcase glamour muscles, got got with strains, changed his behavior and broke a collarbone. The injury prevention things he's done have worked. I agree, he needs to prove it through a season, but I don't attribute the collarbone injury to vanity or within his control. 

Not to mention the injury came while diving for a horrible thrown Casey Thompson ball midway into the disaster that was the OU 2nd half.

33 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Those teams all had quality line play. And we will have very bad line play

LSU OL was actually pretty mediocre.  They made it work.  Our QB situation seems much less experienced.

Now I am totally in favor of upgrading our OL if those prospects are in the portal because it does seem pretty helpful.

But LSU does show it can be worked around at a high level.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

“Addison is the only receiver Texas is currently pursuing, a source told Horns247 on Tuesday”

I mean, it's not exactly a position of need.  And you can only really probably improve that room with someone that's awesome.  So, duh Horns247?

22 minutes ago, burdine said:

LSU OL was actually pretty mediocre.  They made it work.  Our QB situation seems much less experienced.

Now I am totally in favor of upgrading our OL if those prospects are in the portal because it does seem pretty helpful.

But LSU does show it can be worked around at a high level.  

All 5 of LSUs starting OL from the 2019 team were drafted and play in the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean, it's not exactly a position of need.  And you can only really probably improve that room with someone that's awesome.  So, duh Horns247?

I think they need another WR capable of playing right away.  Worthy, Neyor, Whittington and Hall are great - but if one of them goes down we'll have a bunch of injured/inexperienced guys to choose from (Omiere, Alexis, Cain, B Thompson, S. Red).

I like that COVID year WR from ISU if we can't get Addison.  He's got a ton of inexperience and should have no problem stepping in if one of our top 4 goes down with an injury.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
fuckity fuck fuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If I'm reading correctly coaches will get to spend 2 hours on field and 2 hours in film/class with players per week.

There's too many people to @ on this particular thread but maybe this will stop the quivering vaginas that keep yelling about transfer portal OL. Flood getting to spend all summer working with banks, campbell, and neto a few hours a week (which I hope he breaks and spends 8 hours a day) will be fucking amazing. 

• Hook 'Em 2