2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Wherever Addison goes he is going to focus on improving his draft stock as much as possible. The biggest hole in his game is his blocking ability and we have a shit Oline so he can get some cross training in at left tackle. It’s a win win. 

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Wherever Addison goes he is going to focus on improving his draft stock as much as possible. The biggest hole in his game is his blocking ability and we have a shit Oline so he can get some cross training in at left tackle. It’s a win win. 

Addison at left tackle? that’s pretty stupid and would never happen. he’s like 185 pounds. so dumb. 

31 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Unrelated, but talk on OU boards is that this is indeed the last year in the big12. Some croots are starting to leak it.

As what was predicted by Lobo's high up friends at UT.  It was never going to be 2025 or whatever. 

Once it was confirmed all newcomers were joining in July 2023, it looked pretty obvious 2022-23 was going to be the last year. 

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Try google you’d be surprised on the funding. 

Apparently so. All I see in relation to it is the moody foundation donation, and Oak View Group out of California. I stopped there. 

surprisingly to some, the most likely reason I ask a question is to get an answer. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Apparently so. All I see in relation to it is the moody foundation donation, and Oak View Group out of California. I stopped there. 

surprisingly to some, the most likely reason I ask a question is to get an answer. 

Bro 4PM on a Wednesday is the wrong time to be doing crack

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

"Ho, hey, whoa guys, I'm just asking questions here. Amirite? Amirite, guys?" No shit you're just asking questions. You're JAQing us off, you got called on it, and now you're whining in a tumbledown. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, derpyhorndog said:

So, as already mentioned, Ricardo Vega is majority owner of Lamborghini Austin (confirmed here, fourth paragraph). Tried to dig into him through the usual avenues, dude is a fucking GHOST. Only thing I think I've pinned is that his name might actually be Ricardo Antonio Vega Serrador. He doesn't show up in public records, no real estate owned is his name, no social media presence I can find beyond LinkedIn, etc. The house mentioned in the article linked above, and his Lambo and Ferrari dealerships, are all owned by different entities -- none of which he has any public association with. Though based on the associations that can be dug up (registered agents, officers, affiliated entities, etc.), there is a strong link to San Antonio.

Then there is Bruce Knox, the co-owner and managing partner of Lamborghini Austin (link here) and former Executive Vice President of Circuit of the Americas (link). Knox was "installed into the [COTA] project by minor investor Red McCombs" (link) as President and CEO of Formula United States starting in 2011. At that time, he was also CEO of McCombs Partners (link). He got his foot in the door with McCombs Partners when back in 2005 when it acquired a company that Knox was CEO and co-founder of (Interactive Remarketing).

Someone upthread mentioned Red might be throwing money around with one foot in the grave, this seems like a connection that could be done through. 

This is the kind of thing that brings me to this site every day. Bravo. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

34 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

So, as already mentioned, Ricardo Vega is majority owner of Lamborghini Austin (confirmed here, fourth paragraph). Tried to dig into him through the usual avenues, dude is a fucking GHOST. Only thing I think I've pinned is that his name might actually be Ricardo Antonio Vega Serrador. He doesn't show up in public records, no real estate owned is his name, no social media presence I can find beyond LinkedIn, etc. The house mentioned in the article linked above, and his Lambo and Ferrari dealerships, are all owned by different entities -- none of which he has any public association with. Though based on the associations that can be dug up (registered agents, officers, affiliated entities, etc.), there is a strong link to San Antonio.

Then there is Bruce Knox, the co-owner and managing partner of Lamborghini Austin (link here) and former Executive Vice President of Circuit of the Americas (link). Knox was "installed into the [COTA] project by minor investor Red McCombs" (link) as President and CEO of Formula United States starting in 2011. At that time, he was also CEO of McCombs Partners (link). He got his foot in the door with McCombs Partners when back in 2005 when it acquired a company that Knox was CEO and co-founder of (Interactive Remarketing).

Someone upthread mentioned Red might be throwing money around with one foot in the grave, this seems like a connection that could be done through. 

856674889_ScreenShot2022-05-11at4_57_10PM.thumb.png.0c7923363a8d64c642e8d3bd46bb7aa9.png

Dude went from an Internship as a Sandwich artist at Subway to CEO of Lamborghini Austin 2 years later? 

Seems legit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Spoiler

Then there is Bruce Knox, the co-owner and managing partner of Lamborghini Austin (link here) and former Executive Vice President of Circuit of the Americas (link). Knox was "installed into the [COTA] project by minor investor Red McCombs" (link) as President and CEO of Formula United States starting in 2011. At that time, he was also CEO of McCombs Partners (link). He got his foot in the door with McCombs Partners when back in 2005 when it acquired a company that Knox was CEO and co-founder of (Interactive Remarketing).

And here he is rubbing shoulders with DeLoss' offspring at the Headliners Club. 

Spoiler

dodds.png

Edited by derpyhorndog
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

856674889_ScreenShot2022-05-11at4_57_10PM.thumb.png.0c7923363a8d64c642e8d3bd46bb7aa9.png

Dude went from an Internship as a Sandwich artist at Subway to CEO of Lamborghini Austin 2 years later? 

Seems legit.

One of my friends works at Goldman Special Situations and he ran a deal where they supplied capital for a group to buy out a series of Ferrari/Lamborghini dealerships across the Southern and Western United States. I remember him saying that one of the ones in Texas was run by the previous owner’s son and just hemorrhaged money because the kid basically used it to finance a rich boy lifestyle (gave cheap leases to friends, had his girlfriend on the payroll etc.). Might not be the same guy here, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was a similar situation.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Seems legit.

Also, if @derpyhorndog wants to do some more investigation. The dad, Ricardo Antonio Vega Serrador, is on the Lambo Austin Facebook page. Picture matches his LinkedIn, which shows he spent 40ish years at CorpoGas as president. He was known as the "Gasoline Czar", and (shockingly) was accused of money laundering, government handouts, and other illicit activity .

Not really a ghost, per se.

16 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Seems legit.

Yeah, did not turn up anything explicitly "shady" in my digging, but will say there was some unusual stuff. For one, just how scrubbed/anonymous the guy is publicly - in all my sleuthing, never seen someone that ghosted. Not to mention for someone that (from what I can tell) is in his late 20s to early 30s. Also, one of the mentioned associations with the entities that are record owners of his Lambo and Ferrari dealerships is a San Antonio firm that focuses on international investments and tax consulting (he is originally from Mexico).

My guess is that his rise from Subway to luxury car dealerships and Austin real estate has more to do with money from wealthy friends and/or family abroad than it does with his skills making sweet onion chicken teriyakis. 

Edit: Seeing your latest post. Will dig into the dad - was focused on the son/owner (who is definitely a ghost), looks like the old man is less stealthy. 

Edited by derpyhorndog
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He's reviewing the best MBA programs at https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges . He's overlaying those programs with those colleges that have potential openings at QB in a G5 conference heading into the 2022 season. Best of luck to him!

Then I guess the Lourd shall be my savior.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Nancy Drews and the Case of Investigating Shit That Doesn't Need to be Investigated

My bad. Didn't mean to dig up what looks like a very plausible connection through which Red McCombs might be pumping money into the NIL machine that is at the forefront of recruiting (and CFB generally).

Please resume discussion of whether Malcomb Epps is a WR vs. TE, if Sark should put more focus on OL and LB in the portal, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

I think Addison would also seal the deal for Arch Manning. It's tangible evidence that Texas is serious about turning this around. One year ago, there was very little offensive talent on this team. Suddenly, Texas will be inexperienced but talented at QB and OL.  The skill positions would be one of the two or three most talented in the country. The commitment to land elite players would be enough to convince Manning IMO.