2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahaha. Oh come on. The notion that our BMDs are a problem is a lazy media canard and you know it. The fucking BMDs do such terrible shit as: give whenever asked; let the school leadership make the calls; and hope to win while enjoying suites they paid to build. The days of Jamail or McCombs "meddling" are long past and even then, those guys were invited by Dodds and Brown to be involved. Every school should be so lucky to be cursed with that kind of billionaire donor support. 

200.gif

33 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

856674889_ScreenShot2022-05-11at4_57_10PM.thumb.png.0c7923363a8d64c642e8d3bd46bb7aa9.png

Dude went from an Internship as a Sandwich artist at Subway to CEO of Lamborghini Austin 2 years later? 

Seems legit.

Dude went to Cancun.......twice........on daddy's money for "work" and put it on his resume. You don't just show up on construction projects as a manger, sorry, not happening. No one is going to believe that. Well, almost no one.

36 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

856674889_ScreenShot2022-05-11at4_57_10PM.thumb.png.0c7923363a8d64c642e8d3bd46bb7aa9.png

Dude went from an Internship as a Sandwich artist at Subway to CEO of Lamborghini Austin 2 years later? 

Seems legit.

Clearly he was a straight shooter with upper management written all over him. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Wherever Addison goes he is going to focus on improving his draft stock as much as possible. The biggest hole in his game is his blocking ability and we have a shit Oline so he can get some cross training in at left tackle. It’s a win win. 

That's really not how I'm seeing it. Wonderlic is what is going to move him up the draft ladder. If he focuses on school and takes some practice Wonderlic tests, I'm pretty confident that he is going to be a success in life. And with that said, I think Bama is out of it.

30 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Also, if @derpyhorndog wants to do some more investigation. The dad, Ricardo Antonio Vega Serrador, is on the Lambo Austin Facebook page. Picture matches his LinkedIn, which shows he spent 40ish years at CorpoGas as president. He was known as the "Gasoline Czar", and (shockingly) was accused of money laundering, government handouts, and other illicit activity .

Not really a ghost, per se.

He sounds like just what a guy needs to function in the NCAA. 

How 'No Time to Die' Says Goodbye to Daniel Craig's James Bond | Vanity Fair

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, did not turn up anything explicitly "shady" in my digging, but will say there was some unusual stuff. For one, just how scrubbed/anonymous the guy is publicly - in all my sleuthing, never seen someone that ghosted. Not to mention for someone that (from what I can tell) is in his late 20s to early 30s. Also, one of the mentioned associations with the entities that are record owners of his Lambo and Ferrari dealerships is a San Antonio firm that focuses on international investments and tax consulting (he is originally from Mexico).
My guess is that his rise from Subway to luxury car dealerships and Austin real estate has more to do with money from wealthy friends and/or family abroad than it does with his skills making sweet onion chicken teriyakis. 
Edit: Seeing your latest post. Will dig into the dad - was focused on the son/owner (who is definitely a ghost), looks like the old man is less stealthy. 

The word is that his dad owns all the Ferrari dealerships in South and Central America. So call it the family business. The dad has/had a house in westlake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It doesn't matter where Addison goes. In this moment, he is a Longhorn.

If he is a Crimson Tide (?) or a Trojan later, who cares?

Right now, he is a Longhorn.

Enjoy it. Drink alcohol. Eat chicken fried steak.

Life is too short to be correct. To know people. To have connections.

This is the way of the Sunshine Addict.

Drunk and stupid is the ONLY way to go through life.

B5128FE5-23F3-4C17-A880-4D66B7B0845F.gif.0ca266db1ead122e3d7083dd22e7dda8.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

Yeah, did not turn up anything explicitly "shady" in my digging, but will say there was some unusual stuff. For one, just how scrubbed/anonymous the guy is publicly - in all my sleuthing, never seen someone that ghosted. Not to mention for someone that (from what I can tell) is in his late 20s to early 30s. Also, one of the mentioned associations with the entities that are record owners of his Lambo and Ferrari dealerships is a San Antonio firm that focuses on international investments and tax consulting (he is originally from Mexico).

My guess is that his rise from Subway to luxury car dealerships and Austin real estate has more to do with money from wealthy friends and/or family abroad than it does with his skills making sweet onion chicken teriyakis. 

Edit: Seeing your latest post. Will dig into the dad - was focused on the son/owner (who is definitely a ghost), looks like the old man is less stealthy. 

You want to know how I know I’ve been watching too many episodes of Ozark lately?

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1