2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Every small market university football coach’s job just got increasingly difficult. Having to have “the talk” with their one break out superstar every season is keeping them up at nights. It really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm way older than 33 and it's really not that hard to understand

------------

Retain partners/employees so that your competition doesn't poach them and outcompete you in the marketplace (or, alternatively, they do not begin their own competitive ventures)

To avoid this, I achieve loyalty among my partners/employees through physical presence and shared financial success

I see that you are very proud of yourself for achieving far less than we achieve in a smaller and less lucrative portion of the market

--------------

There, easy.

You achieve loyalty by your mere physical presence? That is impressive.. and yet.. I find myself wanting to follow you just typing this. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wutang75 said:

Every small market university football coach’s job just got increasingly difficult. Having to have “the talk” with their one break out superstar every season is keeping them up at nights. It really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They're Division I athletes in their primes. I don't think anyone needs to have "the talk" with them. 

54 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

This is silly.  Colt and Johnny 8ball had tremendous RS-FR seasons.  Throw Quinn into the fire.  Let’s fucking go.

Check our schedule and see who we play in game 2. It was a joke and even though explaining ruins it - It won't matter who plays QB in game 2. We could put in Tom fucking Brady and we are still getting our ass kicked unless you ask ctj.

Fat Ketch saying Addison will visit USC this weekend. This feels like Mario Williams, we shall see.
Didn't Mario Williams and Caleb Williams both follow this exact playbook?

Entered the portal assumed to be USC recruited. Gave other programs a "serious look" before finally settling on the most obvious choice.

This is why I can't get my hopes up. It's too dejavu.

In fairness, this is what I assumed Mathis was doing with Nebraska to avoid any Gary P tampering accusations, so look at what I know.

4 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Maybe he’s implying Quinn is going to get murdered behind our OL.

As an ambulance went by us after the 1991 Cotton Bowl game a friend of mine said that is "Peter and Russell being taken to the hospital to be surgically separated". I have a feeling the Alabama game may give us similar vibes.

Edited by DanTheHorn

25 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Didn't Mario Williams and Caleb Williams both follow this exact playbook?

Entered the portal assumed to be USC recruited. Gave other programs a "serious look" before finally settling on the most obvious choice.

This is why I can't get my hopes up. It's too dejavu.

In fairness, this is what I assumed Mathis was doing with Nebraska to avoid any Gary P tampering accusations, so look at what I know.

Yes, but the difference here is Riley and the offensive coaches already had a relationship with those players. Addison is still likely to go to USC, but they are going to have to work for it.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

@closetojumping have you heard similar as Gerry? Regarding Addison.

image.thumb.png.3fa3df49919f1e0978a47858b108c8b3.png

Gerry knows anyone and everyone in the recruiting world and guys on numerous staffs. I’m guessing a Hank South type passed that on and would be more current than anything I’ve posted since it’s his job and they’re all over this stuff in real time. I haven’t spoken to my friends out that way in a bit.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Can someone at least tell us if it's Brandon Harris who is confident so we can know to lower our expectations?

Tashard Choice, Jeff Banks, and Marion are all recruiters who think they're getting everyone. That's great when they do, but they're not good sources many times because of that. Tim Brewster and Tom Herman were the same way. Herman is the only mediocre recruiter among them, but his confidence came from a general feeling of overall superiority to the world around him, whereas the rest of those guys just always believe that they can close someone if they can get them in the room.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Tashard Choice, Jeff Banks, and Marion are all recruiters who think they're getting everyone. That's great when they do, but they're not good sources many times because of that. Tim Brewster and Tom Herman were the same way. Herman is the only mediocre recruiter among them, but his confidence came from a general feeling of overall superiority to the world around him, whereas the rest of those guys just always believe that they can close someone if they can get them in the room.

I'm 100% positive that Tom Herman thought Tom Herman wasn't going to be fired even after he was in fact fired.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I would love to see Herman Sell Me a Car!

14 minutes ago, Getafix said:

"Confidence in the building."

(247 guy who is supposed to be ... well, the actual Horns football program laundry guy.)

image.thumb.png.e14285cda018d3fc5bce650cc0db75f8.png

Damn are we already at the "show me a loss" stage of the offseason? Year's really flying by.

• Haha 3