2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.dd4ab1d63591805446b25a469f97ef69.png

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.dd4ab1d63591805446b25a469f97ef69.png

Meanwhile, in a move thought to be unprecedenented in the NIL era, aTm college has been in contact with USC officials to offer their assistance in helping USC meet their NIL objectives with regard to extremely high profile players which have already  eliminated their university from contention.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Lede was buried here, but:

A new waiver (was) approved by the NCAA’s Division I Council on Wednesday.

Division I will waive the annual signing and initial counter limits for the 2022-23 and 2023-24 academic years, allowing schools to provide aid based on the overall roster limit of 85 scholarships for FBS football programs. In FCS, schools will be allowed to offer aid up to the annual equivalency limit of 63 scholarships.

So now the numbers REALLY don't matter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Perception and reality are starting to crash into each other on this NIL stuff. The numbers being thrown around for guys like Addison are way overblown. It’s very difficult to get money together in a timely fashion for these one off situations that pop up. Riley had some business backed NIL deals lined up for Addison. What he didn’t understand is that Austin absolutely plays in the same space as LA on that front. (Lambo being a prime example). However, he overestimated his ability to get $$$ on top of that from his donors. 

Im told our situation has more to offer. If he chooses USC, it will be football related, not other stuff

The only football related advantage is at QB, and only because Williams got good PT last year. Sarkisian's offense is better for WRs, and multiple 1st round talented WRs together. Riley's offense despite having numerous 5 star WRs in the past few seasons was not as explosive down the field, and really needs a QB run component to work.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The only football related advantage is at QB, and only because Williams got good PT last year. Sarkisian's offense is better for WRs, and multiple 1st round talented WRs together. Riley's offense despite having numerous 5 star WRs in the past few seasons was not as explosive down the field, and really needs a QB run component to work.

I think Sark got to let his nuts hang on this one from a football and numbers standpoint. Scouts already compare Addison to Devonta Smith. Like you said, from what it sounds like to me if Addison chooses USC it’s because he wants to team up with Williams. I think Sark beat Riley in the head coaching matchup. 

• Hook 'Em 5

USC On3 mod 30 minutes ago

"The only school that could potentially get a visit from Jordan before he announces this week is Oregon (Nike aspect).

But I’m told “Jordan is done. He just wants to play football.”

I’m also told Addison is on his way to Los Angeles today and USC remains the school I believe he’ll sign with.

I feel these continuous updates are required for sanity purposes.

This situation does bring back memories of Caleb Williams’s process. He knew from jump where he was going, but …."

• Hook 'Em 1