2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

There’s going to be a huge amount of pressure on Riley and Williams to get Addison the ball. Remember that he had a 1st round QB throwing to him last year. If he goes for like 900 yards and falls to the bottom of the 1st the whole story is going to be “How did USC ruin Addison?????”. Not sure our young QB and struggling coach really need that narrative.

This is me using the fucking Hubble Space Telescope to search for a silver lining. 

Better than him going off for 1,500 yards and Riley again pulling in any QB and WR he wants for years to come.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Wonder if Addison realizes in California almost half of his money goes to taxes. That NIL deal looks better than it actually is 

Setting aside that you might not understand how taxation of income works in this country, this brings up an interesting question for those involved - how much, shall we say, creativity is there when it comes to NIL money and taxes?

13 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

He's not a California resident.  If I'm him I've also setup an LLC elsewhere that handles my NIL.

Huh? If he lives in California, he pays the California income tax regardless of where his LLC is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Wonder if Addison realizes in California almost half of his money goes to taxes. That NIL deal looks better than it actually is 

Effectively around 8% more income tax than if he was a Texas resident. Not insignificant but also not half. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Young adults make mistakes all the time, he'll come to regret falling for Riley's bullshit

No he won’t. He’ll be there for a year and then go to the league.

People can shit on him all they want but he made the wiser decision.

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

How is it wiser? Is it because he has a qb that has game time on the books?

Yes. Also the media exposure for USC is going to be massive compared to ours with Riley as the new coach and all these high profile transfers. Fox is going to suck them off.We’re getting 11am games and Ls to Kansas. It was a long shot. Our WR room still looks >>>> last year

Edited by Hank_Hill

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I really think Williams fucking sucks. Don’t confuse the fact that he threw a couple of bullshit 20/80 balls up there that our shitty DB’s didn’t make a play on with him being actually good. 
Seriously, fuck that guy, he sucks. Other than rattler and whoever that fucking WR they had taking snaps, and maybe Bomar that’s like one of only 4 QB’s OU has played in the last quarter century that didn’t remotely scare me. 

All that and Addison is still going to be running free for those shitty lobs because he’s the best receiver in college football. So.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

All that and Addison is still going to be running free for those shitty lobs because he’s the best receiver in college football. So.

Oh sure. But that has nothing to do with him making the “right choice” to go with them over us. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Oh sure. But that has nothing to do with him making the “right choice” to go with them over us. 

Williams is perceived as a more proven qb by most because Ewers has yet to show anything different and Riley is absolutely a better coach at this point in time. It’s not that hard.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1