2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

19 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Williams is perceived as a more proven qb by most because Ewers has yet to show anything different and Riley is absolutely a better coach at this point in time. It’s not that hard.

I think Ewers is going to be really good and Williams is going to suck this year. I could be wrong. We will see. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I think Ewers is going to be really good and Williams is going to suck this year. I could be wrong. We will see. 

I don't know about the Ewers part, but Williams (and Riley) is going to have to show that he can beat zone defense this year, likely behind a pretty bad offensive line. USC's WR group was already ok with Brendan Rice, Mario Williams, Jake Smith (j/k).

Addison is obviously better than all of them, but getting a top OT would have made a bigger impact on winning for the Trojans.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So who else will we target over the summer besides this LB? Grad transfers? 

Sark mentioned several times in those booster Q&A's that they were still looking for WR's - I don't think it ends with Jordan Addison.  I'm sure we'd look at another Edge if a good grad-transfer entered the portal.

Right now the portal is pretty barren:  https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TransferPortal/  and I wouldn't expect it to get much better.  You'd think most everyone who was planning to transfer - even grad transfers - would have likely entered it by now.  Summer workouts start in the next week.

5 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Aren't they required to be in it at this point since the deadline passed a couple of weeks ago? 

I don't think it matters for grad-transfers but there is nothing(that I've found) that specifically says they are included or excluded from that May 1 date.  I've just assumed that a grad transfer is in their own separate category.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't think it matters for grad-transfers but there is nothing(that I've found) that specifically says they are included or excluded from that May 1 date.  I've just assumed that a grad transfer is in their own separate category.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification 

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Some Illinois sophomore just entered the Portal, so it's clearly not a hard-and-fast deadline:

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

3.7 mil for a one year rental. Na we good. 

Agree.

On another note, can you imagine how much $ Johnny 8 Ball would have taken aggy for if NIL and the Portal existed as it does now when he was there? Those rubes would still be playing in their old stadium and he’d most likely be in prison or dead from overdose. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Didn't we sign a hobbit from North Dakota or did I dream that?

Here yah go Vito- Found a different video 😋 

Gabe Sulser - WR Grad Transfer PWO from Montana.  Two years of eligibility left.  Injured twice (ACL injuries)