2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

26 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Was Davis ever expected to be a meaningful contributor at Bama though? My understanding is that Moody was legitimately set to start until To'o many o's transferred there.Ā 

Davis was a 4 star whose dad was a career sack leader at Alabama.

10 minutes ago, Fud said:

Moody was expected to compete for the starting spot last year before Toto was added, and was expected to compete to replace Harris next year, and most Bama posters arenā€™t happy to see him go because youā€™d prefer to have more people competing for an open spotĀ 

This all doesnā€™t necessarily mean heā€™d be good for us next year, just what I read on their boards todayĀ 

so I'm assuming Toto was better. If you can't beat out a little terrier, I'm not sure you were meant to play sports.

5 hours ago, dcar00 said:

no. we are going to move on to the man in the longhorn pullover at the basketball game last night with CDC

The guy who resigned last year before he was fired because his team was actually worse than ours (including on defense)?

Yikes.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, jinx said:

The guy who resigned last year before he was fired because his team was actually worse than ours (including on defense)?

Yikes.Ā 

Hutzler was good, i was disappointed we let him leave. Of course he may have seen the depth chart last year and bailed.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Erick Young from A&M just entered the portal too. Processing day in College Station? If so, nice of Jimbo to wait until late January to give those kids a heads up.

What do they need another 15 slices of bread gone by August to get down to 85?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I remember when Cuney was ranked as the #1 center in the country (or was it Texas) and literally every one who pays attention knew his 250 lb ass was going to suck balls.Ā 

He was the #1 C in the country that recruiting cycle. 247 took egg on their face for that evaluation.

3 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Time to send in the hoors.Ā 

One of the Things I Like Doing Most v Is Banging Hoors Hoors | Banging Meme  on ME.ME

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Constant said:

Itā€™s probably because Texas has had 7 WRā€™s drafted since 2000. Only 1 one of those a 1st round pick.Ā 

How is this relevant, being that none of the coaches responsible for that are here anymore?Ā  That's like saying a particular NFL QB doesn't want to go to GB because he doesn't like Lombardi's offense.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

How is this relevant, being that none of the coaches responsible for that are here anymore?Ā  That's like saying a particular NFL QB doesn't want to go to GB because he doesn't like Lombardi's offense.

Well, I think the proof shows itā€™s pretty relevant. Texas has very little history developing talented WR into professional football players.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Constant said:

Well, I think the proof shows itā€™s pretty relevant. Texas has very little history developing talented WR into professional football players.Ā 

Ā 

Our coach had four NFL first round draft choices as receivers in the last two drafts, including two that went in the top 10 this year. That's a bit more relevant to current players than what Charlie Strong did here.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Ā 

Our coach had four NFL first round draft choices as receivers in the last two drafts, including two that went in the top 10 this year. That's a bit more relevant to current players than what Charlie Strong did here.

Certainly seems that way, doesnā€™t it? Can barely keep the doors on the hinges.Ā 

BYU 247

Spoiler

What I've heard about Dart tonight:

Visit went well. The spent a lot of time talking ball. One person I spoke to said, "Nothing else matters to Jax. He wants to play ball. He wanted to talk ball with every coach. When the conversation was done, he just wanted to talk to more ball."

Lot of time with Kalani early in the day. A requested photoshoot mid-day, and then a lot of time with A-Rod watching film and talking about Dart's fit in the offense and how A-Rod would help him reach his full potential.Ā 

Visit ended at about 5:00. According to my sources, Dart told the coaching staff that he would take the next couple of days to mull over his options and then make a decision in the next few days. Me reading between the lines is looking for a weekend announcement.Ā 

As you all know, BYU and Dart have been linked for months. The person who first told me about the possibility has never wavered in their belief that Dart will ultimately end up at BYU. I have wavered.... considerably. But, the visit today and the reports from sources have me feeling... good.Ā 

I don't know if a decision has been made. I don't know if it will be BYU in the end. But, I think that BYU is firmly in the mix and that Dart has a lot to consider over the next few days. BYU really put their best foot forward and did what they could. At the end of the day, that's all you can really ask for.

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

BYU 247

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

What I've heard about Dart tonight:

Visit went well. The spent a lot of time talking ball. One person I spoke to said, "Nothing else matters to Jax. He wants to play ball. He wanted to talk ball with every coach. When the conversation was done, he just wanted to talk to more ball."

Lot of time with Kalani early in the day. A requested photoshoot mid-day, and then a lot of time with A-Rod watching film and talking about Dart's fit in the offense and how A-Rod would help him reach his full potential.Ā 

Visit ended at about 5:00. According to my sources, Dart told the coaching staff that he would take the next couple of days to mull over his options and then make a decision in the next few days. Me reading between the lines is looking for a weekend announcement.Ā 

As you all know, BYU and Dart have been linked for months. The person who first told me about the possibility has never wavered in their belief that Dart will ultimately end up at BYU. I have wavered.... considerably. But, the visit today and the reports from sources have me feeling... good.Ā 

I don't know if a decision has been made. I don't know if it will be BYU in the end. But, I think that BYU is firmly in the mix and that Dart has a lot to consider over the next few days. BYU really put their best foot forward and did what they could. At the end of the day, that's all you can really ask for.

Ā 

The quarterback portal saga has been interesting this year. TFB thinks there is a chance Dart stays at USC and is hinting he is waiting on official word from Caleb.

the belief is that the new QB will make the OL look better than Thompson/Card did a year ago.Ā Ā 
Not until he pukes out all the coors light/cig smoke and gets some definition in those abs

Pure speculation, just based on early winter conditioning reports.

4 hours ago, Constant said:

The quarterback portal saga has been interesting this year. TFB thinks there is a chance Dart stays at USC and is hinting he is waiting on official word from Caleb.

If you look at Dart's options, none are perfect right now:

BYU: sit behind 2021 starter
OU: sit behind Gabriel
MS: massive turnover on offense; coach who will leave at first chance
SC: massive turnover for whole team, but possible competition transferred out/may not come, and coach will be there for his 2 yrs at least

At this point, OU's a secondary player in the 2022 QB portal saga. Dart definitely thinks he deserves a chance to start next year so why compete with a guy who's got a relationship with the current OC? Dart's making a rational decision by waiting for Williams. 9.95's saying he's deciding soon seems like clickbait.

Anyway, Trigg is more important for OU in 2022 at least. Sooners have at least one person to throw passes. They need people to catch passes.

Edited by quigley

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So we are only DBU when Mack Brown and Duane Akina was here? You canā€™t have it both ways.

3 hours ago, quigley said:

SC: massive turnover for whole team, but possible competition transferred out/may not come, and coach will be there for his 2 yrs at least

At this point, OU's a secondary player in the 2022 QB portal saga. Dart definitely thinks he deserves a chance to start next year so why compete with a guy who's got a relationship with the current OC? Dart's making a rational decision by waiting for Williams. 9.95's saying he's deciding soon seems like clickbait.

Anyway, Trigg is more important for OU in 2022 at least. Sooners have at least one person to throw passes. They need people to catch passes.

Would he be behind Gabriel?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, quigley said:

I think heā€™d had a shot at starting at byu and OU. Not a sure think though like at Ole MissĀ 

I think he can enroll later at BYU and still be available for spring ball, so he can wait on usc and not risk too muchĀ 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, texifornia said:

Relevant to Trigg, Ole Miss just took a transfer TE

https://247sports.com/Player/JJ-Pegues-46038960/

This edit has to get more love. It looks like Terry Gilliam did it for them. Iā€™m expecting to see trumpets and a large foot fall on him from the sky. LOL! šŸ¤£

Thatā€™s a sweet water tower insert, amongst the clouds and a fish-eyed stadium. Did the ā€œartistā€ realize that the pic doesnā€™t have to be squeezed into a small space to fit on a phone? Hahaha!

Do people from the great state of Mississippi really try to refer to their beloved state as, ā€œThe ā€˜sipā€? It feels like youā€™d get your ass kicked for saying something like that. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

14 hours ago, Texas Flood said:

RIP?

If you told me this was a death notification, I would have believed you.Ā 

• Haha 3

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)