2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

27 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

clearly a need based on how shitty our WR room is - but what is this guy's comparison or what role does he fit as a WR?

He's a big tall 6'3 WR with track speed that averaged 20 ypc this past season at Wyoming.

He's a perfect fit for Sark's offense. He's also perfect fit for the Briles Veer & Shoot offense, which is why both Tennessee & Ole Miss, who both run the Briles offense, were heavily recruiting him.

16 minutes ago, Teryor said:

"Or whatever the fuck it is called," it's totally fine to know the name of the 15th biggest media franchise in the world, nothing embarrassing about it.

@closetojumping is just trying to hide the fact that he wears Goku underwear.

9 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Someone asked for Vol salt ... this was a little before he announced his flip.  

(Explains why they almost burned Kiffin at the stake.)

image.thumb.png.79acb917ddb2d08a40c6c393fe67f391.png

45 going on 90

Edited by Bevo14

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I've only heard of 17 out of 20. No kids and damn happy about it.

"Still married," he says but obviously leaves open the strong possibility that he's cheated on his wife at a Tennessee highway rest stop countless times.

So he’s had the same job since he was 20 years old?   Or at least the same company?  Guessing he didn’t commit to any university. 

10 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Thanks. It is also good to still be alive.  Also, after getting really into Spiderman a few years ago, my kid read all of the Dragonball, Dragonball Z, and Dragonball Super manga. volumes.  We've moved on to Naruto, now.  So maybe you have that to look forward to.  Don't fuck with me on anime or Disney princess trivia.

Also, I'm wildly successful, happily married, and good looking and shit.  You better hope your cheerio-spawn fall far enough from the tree that they grow up to be me.

Naruto is big but wait until your kids get into one piece.  

• Like 1

The Neyor pick up is so good it has Satya hitting the board with positive posts.

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Posting those guys' earnings was the main one that made me cringe (remember how Bryce Young's dad supposedly got pissed about Saban publicizing that?). That's private shit that may be ok to show recruits in private but the whole world doesn't need to see. Sure it might help recruiting but that doesn't mean he should post it.

Again, I like Marion and today is a good day on that front. Plus this is something that likely wouldn't even be noticed at his previous schools that don't have such magnified attention, so I can understand why he might have some learning to do. But as we know, at Texas all of this shit ends up circulating so requires a bit more discretion.

We've not heard a complaint from any of the players and Marion seems sharp enough to not come in and fuck up his relationship with the team right from the start. The reasonable assumption is he, or one of the coaches, cleared it with each guy before posting the info. You're worrying too much.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

As I said, I like his social media activity overall. Way better than Coleman. Like the hire in general too. It's not really even a recruiting thing though - some internal stuff should just stay private.

Posting those guys' earnings was the main one that made me cringe (remember how Bryce Young's dad supposedly got pissed about Saban publicizing that?). That's private shit that may be ok to show recruits in private but the whole world doesn't need to see. Sure it might help recruiting but that doesn't mean he should post it.

Again, I like Marion and today is a good day on that front. Plus this is something that likely wouldn't even be noticed at his previous schools that don't have such magnified attention, so I can understand why he might have some learning to do. But as we know, at Texas all of this shit ends up circulating so requires a bit more discretion.

Chalk it up to crootin’ games. With NIL, we can show/pitch it to Transfer players (if I’m not mistaken). Can’t do that with high school kids. However, you ARE able to record footage of that NIL pitch being made to a potential transfer target, and blast it on your story where those high school croots are lurking 

24 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I watched a couple game clips of Wyoming and liked what I saw. He’s a proven deep threat, even on a terrible passing team like Wyoming. He would’ve put up insane numbers with a better QB. We now have two WRs teams are going to need to cover with a safety over top of get burned. 

I think he could be more than just a deep threat, but it’s hard to tell in Wyoming’s offense. He seems to run really good routes for a guy that size. 

So now our starting 3 will be Worthy and Neuor outside with J Whitt inside. Not much depth behind it, but that’s pretty damn salty starters, especially with Bijan in the backfield. 

No. Way more speed. 

What makes Wyoming’s Isaiah Neyor so special?

Cody Tucker Published: August 11, 2021

LARAMIE -- What makes Isaiah Neyor so special?

Sean Chambers' already present, bright smile somehow, someway got even wider when that very question was posed.

"He's 6-foot-4, he can run, he can jump, he can do a whole bunch of stuff," Wyoming's sophomore quarterback said about the wide receiver from Fort Worth, Texas. "His catch radius is insane. I mean, he doesn't drop stuff. A lot of things make him special. Everything you could think of makes him special."

Chambers can already envision the in-game scenario.

"It's going to be fun going out there looking at their 5-foot-10 corner and knowing he's on an island out there," he added. "I'm just going to have a huge smile letting that one go for sure."

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - NOVEMBER 27: A pass goes over wide receiver Isaiah Neyor #5 of the Wyoming Cowboys ahead of linebacker Vic Viramontes #10 of the UNLV Rebels in the first half of their game at Allegiant Stadium on November 27, 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Cowboys defeated the Rebels 45-14. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - NOVEMBER 27: A pass goes over wide receiver Isaiah Neyor #5 of the Wyoming Cowboys ahead of linebacker Vic Viramontes #10 of the UNLV Rebels in the first half of their game at Allegiant Stadium on November 27, 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Cowboys defeated the Rebels 45-14. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

Neyor showed glimpses of what he can bring to this Cowboys' offense last fall. The redshirt freshman snagged just eight passes in six games, but he turned those catches into 248 yards of offense. That 31-yard average would've been tops in the nation if only Neyor could've hauled in four more balls to earn an official NCAA ranking.

In his first start last October in Reno, Neyor racked up 103 yards through the air on just three catches. He finished with three more catches against Colorado State and added one against UNLV and New Mexico. Neyor was shutout in two other contests.

Why the inconsistencies?

After watching the game film, Neyor said he spotted plenty to choose from.

"I really just say just IQ and just recognizing the defenses and the coverages," he said. "Route running, you know, I could definitely improve on that."

Being smarter, he said, along with reacting quicker are two things Neyor has focused on this offseason. Improvements can always be made, he added, but gaining actual game experience in 2020 could be invaluable.

"I'm more prepared this season," Neyor said.

Wyoming featured one of the worst passing attacks in the country during a COVID-19-shortened six-game schedule a year ago. Levi Williams, who stepped in for an injured Chambers on the fourth play from scrimmage, accounted for 877 of the Cowboys' 920 yards through the air.

UW averaged 153.3 passing yards per game. That ranked 113th out of 127 FBS teams that actually played in '20.

You think that attributed to inconsistencies for the young wide out?

Neyor said he doesn't worry about things out of his control. His goal is to be available and open no matter who is under center. To be more specific, he said his goals for 2021 include: 30 catches, 600 yards, 10 touchdowns.

Is that realistic?

Passing-game coordinator and wide receivers coach, Mike Grant, isn't ruling anything out.

"I think he can be really good," Grant said. "The sky is the limit for that young man. He's young, but he's got all the tools. The biggest thing is, he's very coachable. He's not a know-it-all who thinks he has it all down. He's still willing to be that clay that we talk about molding."

Neyor is soft-spoken and matter-of-fact. He has the 210-pound build of a mini Terrell Owens, minus the traits that earned that former All-Pro the moniker "diva."

Wyoming's cornerback duo of CJ Coldon and Azizi Hearn bring speed, strength, technique, experience and swagger to the practice field each day. Neyor said those two are the best defensive backs he has faced in his young career.

Despite facing Mountain West standouts on the outside like Nevada's Romeo Doubs, Boise State's Khalil Shakir, Colorado State's Dante Wright, and plenty of others, Coldon said Neyor is one of the best he will see, too.

"I feel like he's a league guy," Coldon said, referring to the NFL. "...  We're not going to see too many receivers like him -- there are some dogs (at wide receiver in the MW) still -- but he's different, you know?"

Hearn agrees.

"I think he's going to be a great player," he said of Neyor. "You guys might think I'm crazy for saying this, but he's probably one of the better receivers I've seen. I've seen a lot of receivers.

"I think he has the potential to be great."

Fellow receiver Ayden Eberhardt has had a front-row seat to Neyor's progression from a young player learning the ropes to a guy who has the potential to make big plays in a Cowboys' passing offense that is in serious need of a breakout campaign.

"He's going to be very good," Eberhardt said with a smile. "Just to see the strides he has been making, it's awesome."

Wyoming's head coach Craig Bohl said he reads all the national publications and sees all the other receivers racking up the accolades. Are they deserved? You bet. But Bohl thinks he has a pass catcher on his roster who can hang with the best of them.

Neyor just needs to prove it on Saturdays.

"I think Isaiah is a guy I see that could be an outstanding wide receiver that can give us the element we have not had," Bohl said. "... I'm excited to see what we can do with Isaiah this year, because he just began to emerge last year, and it was such a dysfunctional year. He had a really good offseason and I think he can do some special things."

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - NOVEMBER 27: Wide receiver Isaiah Neyor #5 and running back Xazavian Valladay #6 of the Wyoming Cowboys celebrate in the end zone after Valladay rushed for a 78-yard touchdown against the UNLV Rebels in the first half of their game at Allegiant Stadium on November 27, 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Cowboys defeated the Rebels 45-14. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - NOVEMBER 27: Wide receiver Isaiah Neyor #5 and running back Xazavian Valladay #6 of the Wyoming Cowboys celebrate in the end zone after Valladay rushed for a 78-yard touchdown against the UNLV Rebels in the first half of their game at Allegiant Stadium on November 27, 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Cowboys defeated the Rebels 45-14. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

Neyor, who suffered an ankle sprain early in camp, said he puts plenty of pressure on himself to perform. When the passing offense struggles the way it has since he arrived on campus in 2019, he takes it personally. He treats practice like a regular season contest. On third-down situations, Neyor said he likes to picture the road crowd roaring.

It's his job to silence them.

Hearing what his fellow teammates and coaches say about him, he said, motivates him even more.

"It means a lot," he said. "It just pushes you harder."

• Hook 'Em 6

I tried to search but couldn't find anything.  Did someone previously post (I believe) PFF advanced metrics that supported the case of Neyor being a baller?

Lot of touches to distribute between Bijan, X and now Neyor.

Wyoming didn't throw as much (37% of plays, ranked 123rd in country;  we were are 45% and 82/130) but he commanded similar attention from his QB.

X got 28.6% of team receptions, 36.3% of yards and 41.4% of touchdowns.

Neyor got 27.2%, 41.5% and 80.0% while at Wyoming.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Deuce said:

Chalk it up to crootin’ games. With NIL, we can show/pitch it to Transfer players (if I’m not mistaken). Can’t do that with high school kids. However, you ARE able to record footage of that NIL pitch being made to a potential transfer target, and blast it on your story where those high school croots are lurking 

Definitely crootin games but I think you can show that to HS kids too. You just can't offer them anything or help them get deals (technically).

I totally get sharing that info with recruits in private. I'd just personally be pissed if someone blasted my salary out to 60k followers or whatever. Unless he got their permission of course. Obviously nitpicking, didn't mean to make this sound like a huge deal. Overall Marion is still the man. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)