2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

3 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Why would a coach stop following a player on twitter, even if they're no longer recruiting him? Seems unnecessarily petty. 

MY guess is it's a lie/misunderstanding of what the twitter data suggests, or that the coaches are being unnecessarily petty.

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Apologies if this has been answered previously, but why is someone who started 11 games for the national champion transferring?

Brini wasn't expected to start this season but was moved into the starting lineup when their All-American DB (a WVU transfer) Tyreke Smith got injured right before the season started.  Brini started the first 11 games on the year but was then moved back to the bench at the end of the season.  He wouldn't expect to start next year at Georgia.

Article about Brini emerging as a 'STAR' in that Georgia defense:

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/latavious-brini-emerging-as-literal-sta

• Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, Vertigo said:

If you don't think some combination of Devon Campbell (allegedly), Kelvin Banks, Cole Hutson, or Cam Williams are not going to be starting at some point next year I don't know what to tell you. They will be starting because they will be better than guys who have been in the program for multiple years. This is not a bad thing.  I am not saying they will be the new hogs immediately, but they will upgrade the line in a tangible way. 

Welp...if they can block DL stunts that'll be a start, cuz years past that has been our achilles heel.

11 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Just double checked. I was wrong on Anderson. He did not grade in the Top 50 for pass rushers at Edge. I suppose it could be arguable that he was a benefactor of those around him. He did grade very well overall.

But good news for Christian Jones. He faced 4 Edge rushers who graded out higher than Anderson.

Casey was our highest graded offensive guy vs Baylor at 82.2. He must have been perfect outside of the missed TD to Worthy, the missed 4th down conversion with green pastures in front of him and the last series in which all 4 plays he chose a less successful option than a much easier but productive choice.

I’ve touted Kerstetters pass blocking several times. He does grade very well based on their metrics, whatever those are.

Will Anderson isn't the only problem. There is also the TJ Watt starter kit named Dallas Turner. 

7 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

UGA fan told me that Brini struggled in coverage but was a good tackler..  

Well Texas finished 9th in opponent rushes 20+ yards. 6% of opponent rushes went for 20+ yards and 15% went for 10+. I would say that a great tackler is probably probably a bigger need, than great coverage. 

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Not in position to break up the pass versus not in the same zip code. 

I remember thinking their secondary looked like the best secondary I have ever seen in college football. Some of that certainly was quality of opponent bias but this guy is a significant upgrade over Foster. 

35 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I watched several Georgia games this year when he was starting and their definition of struggling and ours are vastly different. 

They gave up 83 points in those 11 games, an average of 7.5 points per game. Teams must have just been licking their chops to throw at this guy. 

For some perspective, our defense gave up 337 points in our first 11 games. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 5

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Any word on if Neyor is moved in / working out with the team yet? I know his post said Signed but haven't seen the official tweet from Texas Football. I'd assum/hope he'll be in spring practice at least

Signed means he is enrolled. I am not sure how much time he needs to get his stuff moved down, but I had heard that he hadn't even left campus as of yesterday evening. 

20 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Signed means he is enrolled. I am not sure how much time he needs to get his stuff moved down, but I had heard that he hadn't even left campus as of yesterday evening. 

Unless he's got stuff of sentimental value in his dorm just replacing it is likely cheaper than going back and then moving it.

19 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This is as smart as the A&M blowhards who said Derrick Johnson shouldn't go to Texas because A&M had better recent linebackers. Or as smart as Adrian Peterson going to Oklahoma to win a national championship.

I wouldn't put those examples in the same room.  A&M reasoning was ridiculous but OU had won a recent national championship, played in another prior to Adrian arriving and then he played in the national championship his freshman year.  

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

Okay, to sum up this whole Moody thing, I didn’t know this guy existed two weeks ago, then I definitely wanted him, then when he was leaning our way I began to think he was a jag, and now that Saban wants him back I’m bitterly disappointed.

Good times… 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Burton would be a good get. Daniels is better than playing a freshman 🤷‍♂️?

I guess Dart is BYU bound?

Is JT Daniels gonna be able to play immediately since he's already transferred once??

(Maybe he's a grad-transfer?)

Will Anderson isn't the only problem. There is also the TJ Watt starter kit named Dallas Turner. 

Oh I know. And as the esteemed ctj has pointed out Anderson is a bit of a unicorn a la Corey Moore of Va Tech (a good historical comparison I’d say). Anderson set the record for TFL since they began tracking per somebody who shall remain nameless cause I can’t remember. Even though I referenced dudes ranked higher, I don’t think they’re better. But maybe they’re close enough that there won’t be an intimidation factor.

16 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

Okay, to sum up this whole Moody thing, I didn’t know this guy existed two weeks ago, then I definitely wanted him, then when he was leaning our way I began to think he was a jag, and now that Saban wants him back I’m bitterly disappointed.

Good times… 

first time GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I think a hutch for fine china, a four post bed, and an oak wardrobe would go splendidly in a dorm room. 

Don’t overlook the curio!

Next to a rug that ties a room together, the cherry curio is the most important thing to really make a room feel like home!

36 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I think a hutch for fine china, a four post bed, and an oak wardrobe would go splendidly in a dorm room. 

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Don’t overlook the curio!

Next to a rug that ties a room together, the cherry curio is the most important thing to really make a room feel like home!

I believe @Vertigo collects underwear keepsakes on his Hope Chest.

Over There Lorraine GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

He watched workouts yesterday or something. Not participating yet. 

Got it. Maybe there's some processing time on the paperwork considering the official tweet hasn't gone out. Jahleel's seemed delayed too. Probably can't participate until all that is finalized. As long as he's here for spring all good.

25 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

Should be ashamed that you watched it close enough to know how many steps there were.

I'm gonna have to learn how many steps are in AA if we don't sign a LB from the portal. We need Brini and for him to tamper and bring someone like Rian Davis.

• Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)