2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

You've seen Texas' LB coach right? Hasn't been able to get anyone but a 3 star LB in the 2022 class. Dude has no clue what he is fucking doing in terms of recruiting key talent

actually brought in 4 star Derrick BRown also. Plenty of misses, but he brought in 2 kids. 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Apparently Perkins has an uncle who is driving the bus and considering this staff struggles at times to recruit the kids themselves I have a tough time believing we can navigate the uncle.

A&M struggles at times to recruit the kids themselves and that hasn't meant shit with the families.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Apparently Perkins has an uncle who is driving the bus and considering this staff struggles at times to recruit the kids themselves I have a tough time believing we can navigate the uncle.

His mom wants him at A&M for some really weird reason.

17 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I get that but this guy isn’t going to bama’s #1 receiver….  The game plan is better but at Georgia if he’s good enough he will make it, at Bama he might be receiver #4 or more.  We as fans have huge pride in our team but you think it’s ok for a guy that won a Title with a team to just switch to the other team he helped beat?  I get changing your status but wtf at that point, have some pride and faith in yourself and your team. 

I mean that's on Georgia for not opening up their offense.  Jameson is going to be a first round draft pick.  Burton probably thinks he will get the same opportunity to showcase his ability.

Look I'm an old soul myself but how are you as a Texas fan against these types of moves?  We went fucking 5-7 after a 4-1 start and look at the portal additions that we've made.  Can you imagine the power that we will wield in the portal if we can ever figure our shit out?

We are in a new era and you can have all the pride and faith that you want in this program but it will be built on the shoulders of hired guns.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Creasy Bear said:

I mean that's on Georgia for not opening up their offense.  Jameson is going to be a first round draft pick.  Burton probably thinks he will get the same opportunity to showcase his ability.

Look I'm an old soul myself but how are you as a Texas fan against these types of moves?  We went fucking 5-7 after a 4-1 start and look at the portal additions that we've made.  Can you imagine the power that we will wield in the portal if we can ever figure our shit out?

We are in a new era and you can have all the pride and faith that you want in this program but it will be built on the shoulders of hired guns.

If by “hired guns” you mean kids attracted to NIL money, maybe. If you mean mercenaries like Dindy and Nolan, probably not. Alabama literally didn’t pursue Nolan this cycle because they knew he was a Merc and his dad would be a headache. Even programs that have bag programs in place avoid some mercenaries. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Getafix said:

No wonder Max Johnson couldn't resist transferring here ... but the King comment.  Phew.

(And these are aggies ... they're not kidding.  These are serious comments.  This is really what they think.)

image.thumb.png.a182ec6b9e4b02956f3fb19678ed0bb9.png

22/35, 300 yards, 2 TD and 3 INT against Kent State and Colorado. $200M.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

They are.  But the extrapolation from "struggled against Kent State" to probable star NFL QB is bananas.

Ok. I thought, without context, that they might be talking about 200 million as NIL for the starting qb over his time there.  Which sounds like lunacy until you apply it to the source fanbase. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)