2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

I don’t think anyone is complaining about nurse salaries.  Do you have a crush on ctj?  You’re always all over his shit and it’s cluttering up the board

7 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Holy fuck, CTJ was simply acknowledging the cost of hiring/employing/retaining nurses had risen over the last two years, he wasn’t criticizing them. 

And speaking of medicine, Sitnova needs a dermatologist to check out that brown patch.

Ha. I forgot about that post and haven’t been on the site since, so I am seeing all of these responses to some blathering shit from quigley, who I put on ignore weeks ago, and realize he’s shown back up to whine about me and misinterpret that post. 

As you guys captured, I wasn’t complaining. I was stating a fact that I’ve personally experienced as a build on what the other guys were saying. I’ve got no politics on it. The team of nurses with whom I deal are great and I enjoy working with them on the business they and their gm are building. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. I forgot about that post and haven’t been on the site since, so I am seeing all of these responses to some blathering shit from quigley, who I put on ignore weeks ago, and realize he’s shown back up to whine about me and misinterpret that post. 

As you guys captured, I wasn’t complaining. I was stating a fact that I’ve personally experienced as a build on what the other guys were saying. I’ve got no politics on it. The team of nurses with whom I deal are great and I enjoy working with them on the business they and their gm are building. 

If I was to lean in any direction, I would've bucketed nurses as "underpaid and underappreciated."  Like teachers.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Horns 247 telling us what we already know, but good news is good news I guess.

Spoiler

TEXAS IN GOOD POSITION WITH TCU TRANSFER OCHAUN MATHIS

Sources close to TCU transfer Ochuan Mathisbelieve Texas is currently in a good spot and appear to be on track to land the proven transfer target. Gary Patterson’s prior relationship with Mathis only helps Texas, and the Manor product can return to familiar territory to finish his college career.

The Longhorns are looking for all the edge help they can find, and Mathis brings a veteran presence with an All-Big 12 distinction on his resume.

Mathis has plenty of time to make his decision while he finishes the spring semester before picking his landing spot and enrolling in the summer. There hasn’t been much word regarding a potential timeline, but we anticipate the Texas staff being patient with him.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

for those worried about numbers. 

I am very worried about numbers. Today is my day to worry about 1,357 in particular. Tomorrow, 6 will be the one I focus on. I am strenuously wringing my hands right now.

The Count is going to stop by and discuss it all shortly.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

so, we are saying that Wisc hiring a guy who has never called a play at any level and never been an offensive coordinator at any level is the one who got Caleb Williams to leave every other program behind and pick Wisconsin?
this is even more stupid than Evan Stewart picking A&M - you have the option to go to any program in the country, you picked OU initially because you believed in Riley and that he was the one who could make you an NFL top of the draft pick. he leaves for what is arguably a better program/situation, takes a bunch of the coaches with him and you end up leaving to go play for well known QB whisperer Paul Chryst and a guy who has never called a play at any level?
that is certainly a choice.
this whole thing still feels like the guy who doesn't want to be seen as a given to USC and who is doing all of this to increase the NIL offers to get him to go where he wants to go in the first place. this is what - the 2nd school in the last week that went from totally out of it and not a place he had even visited to "THEY ARE RIGHT IN IT AND MAY BE THE LEADERS!"

Agreed. My money is still on him landing in the city of angels...and hoards of hobos.

If walmart gets heavily involved then I don't know many programs that could compete with that kind of cash.
This is true, thankfully I dont think any of the Walton's are really rabid hogs. On that note, the sooner we come to grips with Elon Musk not giving a single fuck about Longhorns football, (or sports in general afaik) and likely the same for Michael Dell...the less delusional we'll be. It will take a collective of deep pockets to compete if the ultra wealthy decide to back a single rival school.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

If I was to lean in any direction, I would've bucketed nurses as "underpaid and underappreciated."  Like teachers.  

Teachers work 8 1/2 months a year.  They underwork too. 

edit: for the pearl clutchers reacting unfavorably.  I earned this opinion. I've taught at the high school level and its the easiest job I ever had.  

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 7

1 minute ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Teachers work 8 1/2 months a year.  They underwork too. 

In Japan, the school year is roughly 80-85 days longer. Not that it would ever get implemented in America, but if it did, parents would love it because it results in less arrangement for and cost of child care.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Will he still be able to make Spring practice with Ole Miss?

Is this going to be the new “what about the numbers?”

Even at prestigious public institutions, registrar personnel and associate deans have strong discretionary power to allow registration changes.  They just don’t do it often as a matter of practice because it opens the floodgates to whiny students second guessing their poor decisions.

At a private institution that places academics as a tertiary priority, they can do whatever they want. 

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

In Japan, the school year is roughly 80-85 days longer. Not that it would ever get implemented in America, but if it did, parents would love it because it results in less arrangement for and cost of child care.

Yeah, my wife is a teacher and her sister teaches at an international school in Vietnam.  Give any American public school teacher the discipline of a classroom full of students in Japan and they'd gladly work another an extra two months a year.  That's like comparing a combat veteran whose done multiple tours in Afghanistan to a member of the aggy band.  

Edited by bejezuz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Fud said:

Was listening to the Barstool college football pod, and they mentioned that Demas might be transferring. Is there anything new on that, or are they just being idiots? 

This is the other interesting part of this.

When does aggy say "nah it's not worth allocating funds to X player." You know Demas and FWK are still working aggy for money. This guy doesn't look anywhere close to being a major contributor based on last season. Exclude the stats from UNM and Demas did nothing. 

Was listening to the Barstool college football pod, and they mentioned that Demas might be transferring. Is there anything new on that, or are they just being idiots? 
Total wishcasting, but:
- Demas and Stewart seem to be buddies
- Stewart's huge "NIL" deal receives significant publicity
- aggy coach tweets about how players need not to worry about what financial perks other players are getting
- Demas hits the portal

Maybe it's not happening here, but it's going to happen for some aggy player/s at some point.

1 hour ago, ousux said:
On 1/26/2022 at 11:01 AM, BurntOrange&White said:
If walmart gets heavily involved then I don't know many programs that could compete with that kind of cash.

This is true, thankfully I dont think any of the Walton's are really rabid hogs. On that note, the sooner we come to grips with Elon Musk not giving a single fuck about Longhorns football, (or sports in general afaik) and likely the same for Michael Dell...the less delusional we'll be. It will take a collective of deep pockets to compete if the ultra wealthy decide to back a single rival school.

Elon def doesn't give a shit. That was a joke. Unless he seriously just uses it as a way to fuck with people bc he seems to like doing that.

Dell also not too likely but he does give a lot of money to UT and did just become an owner in the Spurs. He won't go full Phil Knight but not crazy to think he could contribute some.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)