2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

17 minutes ago, Viper said:

what's the QB depth chart look like OU now? An injury to Williams could mess them up big time now

Very shallow. Penn St transfer who can't throw and walkons is the extent of the depth chart. Key is whether it affects Riley's play calling.

18 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I think Rattler leaving makes it easier for teams to get back in on Malachi Nelson. He and Rattler have similar mobility, and Riley is already bailing on Rattler in a season where he was supposed to take the next step. Can he actually develop a QB he recruited straight out of HS?

It's a lose-lose situation, but Riley probably sees the team respond better to CW.

Getting an unliked personality (Rattler) out of the locker room is probably a good thing.

7 minutes ago, quigley said:

Very shallow. Penn St transfer who can't throw and walkons is the extent of the depth chart. Key is whether it affects Riley's play calling.

Getting an unliked personality (Rattler) out of the locker room is probably a good thing.

So he convinced Riley he was good enough  to be your starting quarterback twice. His arm talent, late 2020 season surge, heisman chances, and projected draft status we’ve been hearing about for years but now it’s best he just leave? Cool. Just don’t expect us to believe all the hype next time. 

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If your goal was to take something that is indisputably a negative in one form or fashion for the OU program and contort your way into a singular impossible scenario in which positive things play out for them, mission accomplished. 

The logic pretzels some of you rubes twist yourself into in order to find Texas downside are hard to fucking read.

Obviously Rattler entering the portal is a net positive for Texas. That has been inevitable since halftime of the RRS. The question was whether it would go quickly or he would linger around as a distraction and potentially fracture their team. So yes; of the potential outcomes of this situation Rattler entering the portal quickly is the worst. Still a positive overall but this is the 'bad end' for us vs him sticking around being a distraction and potentially fracturing that team if Campbell hits a wall over the next couple of games and struggles (as most true FR do.. though that kid certainly looked ready). 

Beyond all of that Rattler is just a tedious cunt to be around in general per basically anyone whose ever had to spend more than an hour in a room with him so, if for no other reason than pure spite, its natural to have hoped he would wait till after the season to transfer. Riley deserved having to deal with that lizard on the daily for two more months. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

We all knew what was going to happen, there was no chance this spiraled out of control. Besides, by all accounts Rattler is a douchebag that nobody likes so I don't think there is going to be any kind of locker room schism over this. 

I was thinking more along the lines of if Williams struggled at all you might see Riley's ego come into play, try to force Rattler back onto the team and it really piss a lot of kids off. We've seen better coaches do worse. Either way I was likely being needlessly contrarian just to bring up the 'not as good as we could have hoped for' instead of just celebrating an obvious fuck up by OU. 

32 minutes ago, quigley said:

If those turdfucks don't like him, then he can't be all that bad.

• Haha 1

Well if Card leaves, Brewer would become interesting. Though it appears he isn't going anywhere he wouldn't be the starter. Though any future he wants in the sport should be as a GA, so come back to Texas to be the backup to Thompson, gives Wright another year, puts no expectations on Murphy other than learn and adjust to college life. Then kick start your coaching career the next season as a GA under Sarkisian.

19 hours ago, quigley said:

The PSU backup QB from Saturday already transferred???

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Well if Card leaves, Brewer would become interesting. Though it appears he isn't going anywhere he wouldn't be the starter. Though any future he wants in the sport should be as a GA, so come back to Texas to be the backup to Thompson, gives Wright another year, puts no expectations on Murphy other than learn and adjust to college life. Then kick start your coaching career the next season as a GA under Sarkisian.

I have Brewer in the David Ash camp of "NEED TO STOP PLAYING FOOTBALL SO THEY LIVE TILL 50" 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Rattler entering portal is bad news for us. Was hoping OU situation would turn into a fucking dumpster fire or Riley would keep trying to start the reptile and lose the support of the team. Unlikely but a man can dream. Rattler getting the fuck out asap just makes him look like a whiny bitch (which to be fair he his) and lets Riley just say "look it isn't my fault this kid is a head case" and excuse his failure in developing him. 

I actually think Rattler transferring hurts OU more then people think. I could be wrong, but I don't think Williams will continue to light the world on fire and they are basically stuck with just him at this point, so no depth in the case he sucks or if het gets injured. 

I didn't think Williams was all that spectacular. He had about 10 just pure dumb luck plays go his way. He will most likely have some serious struggles going forward. At least 3 times I looked at my wife and said "you have to be kidding me". I mean, he looked good for a freshman, made some good throws and didn't make any mistakes that cost his team. He did make mistakes, just usually got lucky when he did.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Rattler entering portal is bad news for us. Was hoping OU situation would turn into a fucking dumpster fire or Riley would keep trying to start the reptile and lose the support of the team. Unlikely but a man can dream. Rattler getting the fuck out asap just makes him look like a whiny bitch (which to be fair he his) and lets Riley just say "look it isn't my fault this kid is a head case" and excuse his failure in developing him. 

I mean I’m often trying to tap the brakes on surly sunshine pumping but this is nonsense. Rattler leaving OU mid season would be just as bad as Casey leaving after Card was initially named the starter would have been.

When do non-graduate transfers need to transfer to their new school to avoid sitting out next season?  For example, if Donovan Jackson really wanted to transfer out, if he transfers now will he be able to play next season? If he waits until later to transfer, does he have to sit out next season? 

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I actually think Rattler transferring hurts OU more then people think. I could be wrong, but I don't think Williams will continue to light the world on fire and they are basically stuck with just him at this point, so no depth in the case he sucks or if het gets injured. 

Thats a good point. I might actually start to believe the curse is ending if Rattler bails and Williams gets hurt. 

55 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I mean I’m often trying to tap the brakes on surly sunshine pumping but this is nonsense. Rattler leaving OU mid season would be just as bad as Casey leaving after Card was initially named the starter would have been.

I was taking it for granted that everyone had already accepted Rattler transferring as inevitable. My 'this is bad for us' was in reference to it being the least beneficial scenario of the many ways it could have played out (in response to the original reporting that he had basically ragequit the team.. which is perhaps not proving accurate). It was a nitpicky point in the first place and I worded it extra poorly. Obviously I agree that the Rattler situation as a whole is a huge positive for us no matter how it plays out. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself

Damn, Rattler must be a huge pussy to bail after half a game. Just maybe some luck and this Longhorn defense made Williams look a little better than he is. Poor tackling on that long run and a spectacular catch for a td turned that entire game around. Williams definitely protected the ball better than Rattler and looked sharp but take those 2 plays back and Rattler is probably starting this week.

7 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

So now we have to face the guy with an NIL deal with Door Dash / Sesame Street for 3 years...

image.thumb.png.9a01502d1bd28f1d1d7d5c7e593bbf3b.png

image.png.4eddc3e36806ceea57d481d1f66b436f.png

I will not stand here and listen to you denigrate one of our founding fathers good sir.

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

I didn't think Williams was all that spectacular. He had about 10 just pure dumb luck plays go his way. He will most likely have some serious struggles going forward. At least 3 times I looked at my wife and said "you have to be kidding me". I mean, he looked good for a freshman, made some good throws and didn't make any mistakes that cost his team. He did make mistakes, just usually got lucky when he did.

Mims made some of his own, and therefore, Williams' luck.  In the end that's what football is.  What's spectacular about Williams is his size, speed, and arm strength at his age.  I'm one of those that would side with Rattler being the far better player when locked in and in the zone.  Seems as though he's lost his own teammates though and being an entitled bitch makes it unlikely he can recover from this at OU.  A net positive for anyone not a meth head

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Michigan state kid is the leader in the clubhouse. They have no loses and he has an addition 200 yards. BR is way behind on the heisman and at the very best May get invited.

Damn. I expect an invite at the very least, but MSU has some losses in them. But yeah, I don't think he'll get it this year, but next year for sure (I hope). Hopefully Corral isn't still ahead of him. Bijan is a cheat code 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Interesting article. Obviously all speculation but just shows how much QB movement there is likely to be. If we don't land Arch, I'd bet we end up with an elite transfer

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-2021-QB-carousel-Quinn-Ewers-Spencer-Rattler-Hudson-Card--173078913/

Mending to do between Card and the coaching staff. He wasn't ready. There is no mending needed.

35 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Mending to do between Card and the coaching staff. He wasn't ready. There is no mending needed.

This 100%.  Hey Hudson, the camp competition was neck & neck, we gave you the shot.  You shit the bed at Arkansas.  Team has performed better with Casey as QB1.  Mending complete.  

Mending would indicate they somehow mistreated Card, which I've never seen alluded to.  

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)