2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

All these big time coaching changes are pretty fortuitous for us because it may free up some extra portal players. Easier to poach guys from LSU, USC, UW (PK recruited/coached a lot of those guys), etc.

Washington in particular is an interesting one to watch. PK was their DC just a year ago so some of them may want to reunite with him. We obviously can offer playing time on defense. They're 15th in DFEI this year (which may be a sign on the Lake vs. PK debate unfortunately). Savell Smalls please (interestingly Sark was his primary at Bama)

Is Peter Sirmon’s kid any good? Lots of tackles at LB for UW. I’d kill for an assignment sound LB. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

Is Peter Sirmon’s kid any good? Lots of tackles at LB for UW. I’d kill for an assignment sound LB. 

From the “smart but limited athletically” category of LBs, he would be a big upgrade on Brockermeyer but wouldn’t be winning any foot races

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Don't get your hopes up but Bama finished second and Jeff Banks was his primary recruiter.

I have no hopes for this kid and my only hopes would be the absolute least likely scenario in which Cory Raymond comes to Texas and he's following him and we're getting Denver Harris!!!!!!!! 🤣

On 11/17/2021 at 9:58 PM, LTtxfan said:

Somewhat applies to discussions on this thread... 

Texas Roster Evaluation: Defining Recruiting and Portal Needs

Applies to portal discussion -- Here's video on the Defense

Defensive Roster Breakdown: Texas Recruiting and Portal Discussion  (Nov. 23)

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Going to assume he’s going to be playing hybrid lb/ss in a 4-2-5 scheme - so 5th DB in a base set but but a traditional NB 

seemed from the reports, he was dead set at playing Safety.. sucks we couldn't figure out how to use athleticism/speed to actually cover and look back at the ball 

3 minutes ago, TXRed said:

Wasn’t Saban just bitching K Robinson transferring like two days ago? He’s as big of a hypocritical cry baby as Lincoln. 

Alabama’s current leading tackler, Henry To’oTo’o and leading receiver, Jameson Williams both came from the portal. Saban is the goat, but he’s full of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)