2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

33 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So take care of our guys and get the portal guys great deals for coming to Texas and it’s not our fucking problem. Did you think women showing more than their ankles was gonna ruin this country too? Fuck. 

There will always be kids that are going to feel disrespected. Its going to affect most if not all schools. I am a huge proponent for a woman showing everything that she would like to show.

20 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Really enjoying the continuing trend of changing avatars to other poster's actual faces. Well done, @JesusSweatDuck 

"JuSt LoOkInG oUt FoR tHe KiDs"

When you root for Texas in the NIL age, allowing the free market to work is a positive. Let's not overthink.

@immamac's pic looks more like Jesus than my previous one, so I thought it worked

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That’s good news. Now, everyone DOUBLE their contribution so we can do another position group. Maybe double and another quarter since the WR group is bigger. If everyone is comfortable putting in about 500 a month I think this plan will work. 

Comes with a "Barbacoa Approved Not-Broke-Ass-Bitch" flare for your handle. Very exclusive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

There will always be kids that are going to feel disrespected. Its going to affect most if not all schools. I am a huge proponent for a woman showing everything that she would like to show.

Kids already feel disrespected for dozens of reasons. Touches, playing time, yelled at in practice. It’s already reality. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Kids already feel disrespected for dozens of reasons. Touches, playing time, yelled at in practice. It’s already reality. 

it’s because they’re soft. and getting softer. in another 20 years it’ll just be walking pussies out there on the field.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

That’s good news. Now, everyone DOUBLE their contribution so we can do another position group. Maybe double and another quarter since the WR group is bigger. If everyone is comfortable putting in about 500 a month I think this plan will work. 

Maybe instead of spending your surplus on shitty end zone seats you should have dumped it into burnt ends. You coulda had syd’s kids. 

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe instead of spending your surplus on shitty end zone seats you should have dumped it into burnt ends. You coulda had syd’s kids. 

Yes, because helping the SEZ get built did nothing for Texas football and recruiting. Maybe you should find $10 bucks a month for Burnt Ends before you criticize how other people spend their money on the UT program. Can’t give up 2 trips to whataburger?

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes, because helping the SEZ get built did nothing for Texas football and recruiting. Maybe you should find $10 bucks a month for Burnt Ends before you criticize how other people spend their money on the UT program. Can’t give up 2 trips to whataburger?

Knew that was coming as I typed my post. No flair for tree fiddy seemed to work fine, but for some reason we have to know who is giving for burnt ends and who isn’t.  

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Knew that was coming as I typed my post. No flair for tree fiddy seemed to work fine, but for some reason we have to know who is giving for burnt ends and who isn’t.  

There was flair for tree fiddy. And the point is that your dumb ass criticized how other people were spending money on the program. If you hadn't said that stupid shit then people wouldn't be pointing out that you're not contributing. 

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don’t give a shit if someone gives or doesn’t. Until this moment, Duck. But your repeated comments about “shitty” SEZ seats and wasting money on the program because it’s not spent in a way YOU think is good, is beyond stupid and deserves to be roundly mocked. And when you add in you don’t spend shit yourself, well, yeah it should be met with disdain and contempt. 

As for the seats, you don’t have any concept of my motivations or return on investment are with those seats. My preferred method of watching college ball is a sports bar with my buddies with some talent to eyeball, or at a house with booze and food, and specifically in a climate controlled setting. But you know what, I had an opportunity to invest in UT, and take my son and my wife to games so we can have that experience as a family and make memories for years to come. So I did it. And I’ve been real happy with the experience so far. 

As for the NIL, a couple things. 1) The capital donation contract I had to sign to commit to the SEZ was literally 3 years ago, before the NIL was even a thing. So your entire logic about where my money should have gone is fucking retarded and impossible, dumbass. 2) I’ve also given a lot of my time the last 3 months trying to get Texas turned in the right direction on the NIL, which I’m guessing is a lot more than almost anyone here has done. But there are others who have too, some on threads around here who have also been getting mocked. So yeah, I’m not really going to entertain second guessing about my time and money when you don’t know jack fucking shit about it, so fuck right off. 

But I’m glad you’ve put it on the record that you don’t think the SEZ and upgraded facilities are important for the program and recruiting. That’s a real great take, I’m sure it will be well received.

So Mad GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don’t give a shit if someone gives or doesn’t. Until this moment, Duck. But your repeated comments about “shitty” SEZ seats and wasting money on the program because it’s not spent in a way YOU think is good, is beyond stupid and deserves to be roundly mocked. And when you add in you don’t spend shit yourself, well, yeah it should be met with disdain and contempt. 

As for the seats, you don’t have any concept of my motivations or return on investment are with those seats. My preferred method of watching college ball is a sports bar with my buddies with some talent to eyeball, or at a house with booze and food, and specifically in a climate controlled setting. But you know what, I had an opportunity to invest in UT, and take my son and my wife to games so we can have that experience as a family and make memories for years to come. So I did it. And I’ve been real happy with the experience so far. 

As for the NIL, a couple things. 1) The capital donation contract I had to sign to commit to the SEZ was literally 3 years ago, before the NIL was even a thing. So your entire logic about where my money should have gone is fucking retarded and impossible, dumbass. 2) I’ve also given a lot of my time the last 3 months trying to get Texas turned in the right direction on the NIL, which I’m guessing is a lot more than almost anyone here has done. But there are others who have too, some on threads around here who have also been getting mocked. So yeah, I’m not really going to entertain second guessing about my time and money when you don’t know jack fucking shit about it, so fuck right off. 

But I’m glad you’ve put it on the record that you don’t think the SEZ and upgraded facilities are important for the program and recruiting. That’s a real great take, I’m sure it will be well received.

now, please back to portal talk. 

This is why I sell my West side seats on StubHub when I can’t make a game lol. I always want Horns in my seats, but it got old losing my shirt on tickets trying to unload them on our own fan sites. I’d venture to say the majority of folks on here don’t have an idea of the premium dollars it takes just to buy season tickets to sit in the stadium, much less the SEZ. SEC move will be eye opening for those folks looking for cheap after market tickets. 

Edited by Okcool
  • Hook 'Em 2

Maybe it just takes a little time for us old fucks to accept and get accustom to this new world of NIL. Some want to break the door down and rush in , cool. Some want to push the leaders through the door, cool. Some want to just see how shit plays out , cool. We are all fans of Texas. 

I never thought I'd give $ to a Texas fan website, then I did. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hilarious you think two trips to whatabuger is $10. That shit is closer to $20. 

• Like 2

Apologies for posting something on-topic, but back to the Brocks..

I have no intel and am naturally skeptical it will happen BUT it honestly makes a ton of sense for them to portal here. I mean, if they were in high school now picking a school fresh, we would almost certainly be the pick. We have Sark/Flood (who they originally committed to so clearly like) instead of Herman/Hand (who they hated), we're their childhood favorite family legacy school, and their bro is a starter likely giving them great feedback on the coaches, etc. 

On top of that, they aren't getting snaps at Bama for years at best. Tommy in particular could possibly be a starter here next year with Kerstetter leaving and Jones still unproven.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Your whataburger budget needs a little fattening. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)