Tokyo Olympics 2021

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

If we lose this game, I don't wanna hear any of you say "Ayatollah you so".

Anyone who thinks we are losing this game is a buffoon. We are favored by like 40 points and that's after all of the bullshit we've put out there lately. 

Maybe the Czech game could be bad but I doubt we lose that one either. It's the knockout rounds that might get hairy. 

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

damn i was thinking the game was at 11:40 am tomorrow.  looks like i've got some drinking to do tonight.

lol. I've got a substance cocktail working right now to be in the right mindset but also not fall asleep. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Anyone who thinks we are losing this game is a buffoon. We are favored by like 40 points and that's after all of the bullshit we've put out there lately. 

Maybe the Czech game could be bad but I doubt we lose that one either. It's the knockout rounds that might get hairy. 

Z, crack open a beer.  Iran --> Ayatollah joke.  That was it.

17 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

Z, crack open a beer.  Iran --> Ayatollah joke.  That was it.

Yes - I get the joke. My point was no one should be thinking "I told you so" if we lose this one. 

Mostly though - a little on edge and nervous after the France debacle. I want blood here. 

Edited by ztejas

Just now, Walte464 said:

On peacock? Theyve shown the women’s soccer game 3 times today and they can’t show USA basketball live.

Where I'm watching. Requires a cable provider login. https://stream.nbcolympics.com/basketball-mens-prelim-game-8-usa-iran

If that doesn't work try this https://www.olympicstreams.me/men-s-basketball-usa-vs-iran-live-stream/1/

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

our guys just do not care. they are not trying to play well. this is pathetic. we get on a 4 on 2 break and Booker is WIDE open ahead of the pack and under the hoop, and instead of hitting him for two KD takes a pull up three and bricks it. fuck these guys man.

Simmer down. These guys have barely played together. 

This game is already over. Just hope we put some nice stuff together going forward. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

And hit 5 of them... 

it's lazy, stupid play, and championship teams don't play that way, even against outmatched opponents. we lost to France by just chucking up threes ad nauseam, and we're out here doing it again. it doesn't matter that we'll win this game easily. we haven't learned from our mistakes, and any good team in this tournament will be thrilled if we play this way against them. our guys look like they're playing about as hard as they during the all star game. it's pathetic.

Edited by shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

11 3PA in less than 9 minutes. this is exactly how we lost to France. if we keep doing this throughout these olympic i will be rooting against this team. 

This entire roster is built around 3P shooting. I agree that against a better team it could turn out poorly but I'm not sure if there's much of a better game-plan to be had. We have one good back to the basket scorer in Durant (maybe Tatum and Booker to a degree). Against a poor team like Iran I think the idea is to play fast and shoot in transition. So far it's working. 

I also think our intensity on D outside the first few mins has really picked up.

Edited by ztejas

Just now, Kermit said:

I would much rather see Keldon than Tatum. Tatum doesn’t seem to give two shits.

He's out there playing for himself. Has been since the first exhibition. Just a completely unnecessary player to have on the roster. 

1 minute ago, Kermit said:

Also Jrue is badass. I’m becoming a huge fan.

ive ben a fan for a long time, but the guy was just never able to stay healthy. one of those guys who i love as a player, but whom i've never had on my fantasy team because his injury history scares me. he's been healthy for most of the last two years now and he's finally getting some recognition. i'm happy for him. i always feel for guys like him who have so much talent but can't stay fit. 

• Hook 'Em 1