Tokyo Olympics 2021

shadow_operative

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i hope Giannis never gets tattoos. i think it could be like his signature look. 

KD didn't have tats for a long time. Then did his back and chest. Then legs. That cobra one is the first one on his arm. 

I know Iran is shitty but you can tell these cats are starting to figure it out. Still not pencilling in gold as there are a couple teams that could beat them but I think they will at least medal. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

KD didn't have tats for a long time. Then did his back and chest. Then legs. That cobra one is the first one on his arm. 

KD and Messi were two superstars who i thought might buck the tattoo trend, but they're both covered in tats now. i think it'd be cool if Giannis stayed tat-free throughout his career, simply because i remember the 80's and 90's when tattoos made you a rebel.  now the lack of tattoos is like a modern day tattoo itself. 

On 7/25/2021 at 5:57 PM, dcar00 said:

I was just commenting that your comment aged well.  after they lost the 2 exhibition games it was obvious we wouldn't easily be the best team in Tokyo.  could they still win it and prove they are the best team?  sure they could.   US sending Durant and Dame and a bunch of scrubs is not going to easily be the best team anymore.  25 years ago sure. Durant and Dame could win it with the UT Intramural champs then, not now.

How we feeling now?

Box:

https://www.espn.com/mens-olympics-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401344337

Not showing mins played. Lillard, Booker, Jrue and KD standout performers tonight. Grant and Levine good too, I thought. Lavine with 8 dimes. 

KD with 10/5/5 on 4/8 from the field, 2/4 from 3 - 3 blocks - 2 steals - 0 turns - 0 fouls

LIllard with 21/2/5 on 7/15 from the field, 7/13 from 3 - 0 blocks - 0 steals - 1 turn - 1 foul

Booker 16/4/1 with 6/9 from the field, 0/1 from 3, 4/4 from the stripe - 0 blocks - 3 steals -1 turn - 1 foul

Jrue quiet numbers wise but I thought his defense and intensity was incredible. 

We had 34 assists to 6 turnovers. No that isn't a typo. 

Keep it rolling, boyz. Fuck on Czech to give our knockout opponent something to think about. 

Edited by ztejas

19 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

What kinda attitude is that? We want them to fucking win. Let's go. 

Iran tomorrow at 12:40 PM EDT. Probably only able to watch live on the fucking app because Olympics TV coverage is some ridiculous ass backwards horseshit. 

I want to neg myself. God damnit I was so looking forward to blowing off work and watching the game today. 

I'm watching. Missed the first quarter.

First thought: they need to expand the Olympic basketball field. Some of these teams are so fucking bad. At least bump it to 16 teams if they're going to keep it at 8 knockout teams. Or 24 with 2 play in games to get to 10 knockout teams. 

Too many of the better international teams sit at home. 

Edited by ztejas

NBC sports app for me. Don’t know what I’m gonna due Saturday. It’s at 3:20am.

Luka with a pedestrian 25/7/7 tonight. He was in foul trouble and sat most the 3rd. It was a blow out midway through the 4th and he sat again. He wasn’t good from 3 or he’d hav head 32-35 ah least.

Also has some big ass blocks and played some good defense.

I fucking hate this interview. Team USA DW on the 4 x 400 because of a mistake on the baton handoff. I feel bad for them because they’ve been dominating the competition and this is just a mental mistake. Rules are rules, I get it. But sick to see this journalist try to get a “gotcha” moment from the athlete and put her on blast. Fuck him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Esque said:

I fucking hate this interview. Team USA DW on the 4 x 400 because of a mistake on the baton handoff. I feel bad for them because they’ve been dominating the competition and this is just a mental mistake. Rules are rules, I get it. But sick to see this journalist try to get a “gotcha” moment from the athlete and put her on blast. Fuck him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW.

That chick needs to be put on blast.   This wasn't a typical bad pass or a pass that just went out of the zone; that stuff happens.    This is something new.

She lined up outside the zone and then somehow didn't notice all the other runners behind her.   Is this her first ever relay?    

The track official on the left of the screen grab is yelling at her out of frame to the right.  This is equivalent to a football player lining up with the other team on the wrong side of the ball.  Pee-Wee league, sure. NFL, no. 

image.thumb.png.0d8cdf6ae14a57309a6b4dd789058f40.png

That's the team that got reinstated, right? Something about how officials actually tell them when and where to go to monitor traffic so they won an appeal (Dominican did as well).

Heck you can see an official in that picture above pointing and yelling like he realized she's in the wrong spot.