Lynyrd Skynyrd

Sbbruin

1 minute ago, Wade said:

Sorry that was my tequila talking

Please don't apologize. I have 24k posts. Like 7-8k of them are dogshit and drug induced.

If you want me to explain my comment, though, the point was that a lot of these uber talented artists are generally able to write commercialy viable music at a young age. No shit I'd prefer Skynyrd or the Allman Brothers to fucking Alanis Morissette. I just give her credit for penning that record and having it sell 30M copies at the age she did. 

I write music myself, and there are things that I wrote at 20 or 21 that are still some of the best songs I've ever penned. I almost think it's just kind of how it works. The older you are the more twisted your world view gets and the more cynical you get. You need a little ignorance and/or innocence to write some of your best stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/26/2021 at 3:24 PM, Goredho said:

I would sacrifice the rest of Lynnyrd Skynnyrd to have Duane live to be a ripe old age.

Fight me.

If talking original members, you would be trading Rossington for Duane...   And Rossington just had another heart surgery, so if you wanna trading living for dead, better hurry.  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

Those southern rock bands are just snake bit.  Allman Bros, Skynyrd, and Marshall Tucker Band all had a rash of deaths of members and former members at relatively young ages.  Cars, motorcycles, airplanes and cocaine.

Janis, Jimmy, Mamma Cass, Jim, and Amy all say what ?!

On 7/28/2021 at 9:39 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

Janis, Jimmy, Mamma Cass, Jim, and Amy all say what ?!

I was primarily talking about the fact that the bands I listed all found different ways to die than your run-of-the-mill-rock-star-OD.....ham sammich aside. (motorcycles, airplanes, car wrecks and fucking cancer).   But I guess, in the end....dead is dead.  

Edited by hullabelew
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hullabelew said:

I was primarily talking about the fact that the bands I listed all found different ways to die than your run-of-the-mill-rock-star-OD.....ham sammich aside. (motorcycles, airplanes, car wrecks and fucking cancer).   But I guess, in the end....dead is dead.  

It's better to burn out than to ham sammich away...

• Hook 'Em 1