Texas 7
West Virginia 7
Kansas St 7
Iowa St 6
Texas Tech 5.5
Baylor 5
Kansas 3

Thoughts?

Think 10.5 for OU seems high after losing Baker. All three non cons are at home, but I see a chance of them losing to a decent Florida Atlantic or UCLA. See them losing 2 regular season games next year. 

I just don’t see why we can’t Beat teams like WVU, TCU, USC, Oklahoma State, and Kansas State. The Big12 is depleted. We might be ass ourselves, but I think we will be less trash then most of the teams on the schedule. 8 to 9 wins on paper in my opinion. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Only way it’s 7 or less is if, the online, qb’s and offensive play calling all regress from last year.  That shouldn’t be the case.....

We don’t even know who our QB is, much less who on the O-Line will be blocking for him. 7 wins is likely because we have 2 garbage of opponents to pad the total, 1 of which beat us last year.

Edited by Spankytoes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Only way it’s 7 or less is if, the online, qb’s and offensive play calling all regress from last year.  That shouldn’t be the case.....

Uh actually, we could improve on offense but still kinda suck and our defense and special teams regress from last year.after all, we only won 6 last year with stellar defense and pretty good special teams.

Its not 

giphy.gif

The reasons to go under outweigh the reasons to go over.  Probably why people are betting under.

1.  Won six last year.

2.  Lost Malik

3.  Lost Poona

4.  Lost Dickson

5.  Still no run game

6.  Still NO OL

7.  Herman had a worse record year two at UH.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

Take the over on Texas and K State

Tempted for the under for OSU.....seems like this is their rebuilding year and when Gundy has them, they are rough.

Baylor at 5 seems egregiously high but their non conference slate is Charmin soft. Still hard to see which 3 wins in conference they get (assuming they lose to Duke in non-conf). 

KU at 3 seems no worse than a push

54 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

You're a fucking idiot. 

Yeah, Herman should be given ten years to rebuild the program. We are well known for our patience here. 

Why is that an idiotic statement? Strong had to try rebuild from the smoking turd on a dunghill of a program he inherited, and he failed in three years, but at least he started getting guys who would get drafted back into the program.

If Herman regresses in year two, even marginally (as Strong did in his second year, with zero talent left over from Mack), the seat should start to warm.

I hope it doesn't, but fair is fair. And I think 7 is about what we will get this year, and if we do, then I won't be calling for Herman's head...OL is the key. Maybe Herman and Hand have rigged up enough baling wire, bad aids and prayers to patch together something more than the dog's vomit we've trotted out since 2010 or before. Anderson could be a huge pick up. I really liked what I saw out of Hudson during the 12 plays or whatever he got to show before he went down for the season. But there are just so many ifs there, and in 35 years or so of making sports prediction, I've learned that the more ifs there are, the more you should temper your optimism. Seven seems about right. 

12 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

The Surl has definitely regressed during the off-season, but I think we'll be fine once Summer ball starts. 

4 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Dana to UNT?

I wouldn't think so, but I could see him back in Texas somewhere.  Dana is a great WR coach, a very good OC, but a fair to poor head coach.  That's not necessarily a bad thing.  Your best salesman in a company who makes you shitpiles of money might be a terrible sales manager or operations manager.

53 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Yeah, Herman should be given ten years to rebuild the program. We are well known for our patience here. 

Why is that an idiotic statement? Strong had to try rebuild from the smoking turd on a dunghill of a program he inherited, and he failed in three years, but at least he started getting guys who would get drafted back into the program.

If Herman regresses in year two, even marginally (as Strong did in his second year, with zero talent left over from Mack), the seat should start to warm.

I hope it doesn't, but fair is fair. And I think 7 is about what we will get this year, and if we do, then I won't be calling for Herman's head...OL is the key. Maybe Herman and Hand have rigged up enough baling wire, bad aids and prayers to patch together something more than the dog's vomit we've trotted out since 2010 or before. Anderson could be a huge pick up. I really liked what I saw out of Hudson during the 12 plays or whatever he got to show before he went down for the season. But there are just so many ifs there, and in 35 years or so of making sports prediction, I've learned that the more ifs there are, the more you should temper your optimism. Seven seems about right. 

Fired and seat should start to warm are different things.  It would be stupid to fire Herman after year 2 for a lot of reasons.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, theoneandonly said:

Herman should be fired if he only wins six games.  Cant go down another three year Strong like path.

59 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Why is that an idiotic statement?

Fire a coach after two seasons....brilliant.  Should make it super easy to hire a new coach! 

• Like 1