Finally something we can all agree on. Heinz doing God's work.

crash_davis

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Agreed.

I made a Texas version of it once and I think that one meal led to my heart blockage.

Texas Style Sonoran Hot Dog:

• Smoke a hot link wrapped in pepper bacon and put it on a toasted bolillo roll.

Top with:

• Yellow Mustard
  • Grilled Onions and Jalapenos
  • Chili
  • Queso

Happy Workaholics GIF

On 7/9/2021 at 10:26 AM, South Austin said:

Heinz does make mustard, which is perfectly appropriate for a hot dog.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:31 AM, Ghost of LL said:

They also make pickle relish, which is fantastic on a hot dog right alongside mustard.

Yeah but neither their mustard nor their pickle relish is all that good. Their ketchup and malt vinegar are the only products of theirs that I buy and that’s just for French fries

For yellow mustard I buy Plochman’s. I keep Zatarain’s Creole mustard on hand and Silver Spring chipotle mustard (best chipotle mustard I’ve found). I’ve got a jar of Gulden’s spicy brown mustard in the fridge but they seem to be more like Dijon than they used to. I use that for salad dressing. I prefer French’s for spicy brown. And then I always have a few other varieties on hand that I’m trying. Never Heinz.

Anyway, CBS News had a piece on the hot dog and bun issue recently, maybe over the weekend. I can’t recall. They said the eight bun packs were started a long time ago because they made four buns per pan. At the time you bought your wieners/sausages individually from the meat market so it wasn’t an issue. 

Back to the original issue I'm a little confused.  When I buy hot dogs, the buns have 8 buns in the pack, and the hot dogs have 8 hot dogs in the pack.  So am I missing something?

Oh and JCI chili dogs ftw.  Fuck that shitty weird yankee chicago dog crap.

Edited by Moby Ric
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Back to the original issue I'm a little confused.  When I buy hot dogs, the buns have 8 buns in the pack, and the hot dogs have 8 hot dogs in the pack.  So am I missing something?

Oh and JCI chili dogs ftw.  Fuck that shitty weird yankee chicago dog crap.

What brand of hot dogs are you buying?

On 7/9/2021 at 2:02 PM, RPM said:

Back in my trucking days I used to make the gutbomb. 1/4 lb fuelstop roller dog with mayo, mustard, japs, onions and pickles. Occasionally nacho cheese if I needed an extra catalyst. I was not going to sleep for the next 6-8 hours guaranteed. Now before you raise the no mayo on a hotdog pennant, the whole point was to get unholy things to unleash deep within. Sometimes, you gotta make sacrifices for the greater good.

How often did you poop yourself?

On 7/9/2021 at 11:02 AM, South Austin said:

It takes a special kind of loser to put sweet relish on a hot dog.

I also discovered later in life that sauerkraut is fantastic.

Guldens brown mustard, sweet (or dill if there's no sweet ) relish, onions, on a toasted bun.

Fuck the sweet relish haters.  Your day of reckoning will come.........

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What brand of hot dogs are you buying?

Ball Park Franks for your run of the mill Hot Dog, 8 in the pack.  Buns are Ms. Bairds, 8 in the pack.  I don't buy the sausage dogs like the HEB brand, which are damn good, but there are only 6 in the package.

On 7/16/2021 at 9:26 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

For yellow mustard I buy Plochman’s. I keep Zatarain’s Creole mustard on hand and Silver Spring chipotle mustard (best chipotle mustard I’ve found). I’ve got a jar of Gulden’s spicy brown mustard in the fridge but they seem to be more like Dijon than they used to. I use that for salad dressing. I prefer French’s for spicy brown. And then I always have a few other varieties on hand that I’m trying. Never Heinz.

We have similar tastes, knowing that if you haven’t tried this then you’re missing out. http://www.jackdanielsmustards.com

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
55 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Article is worth reading beyond the headline. 

Based on that "every hot dog takes 36 minutes off your life expectancy" article that was circulating a couple of months ago, this lady took 9.175 days off of her life for this contest. 

Not only that, assuming a 1:1 relationship of dog to dog stand, she ate over 10 hotdogs a day over those five weeks.  I'm getting that "one too many hot dogs" feeling in my stomach just thinking about it, and I love hot dogs.  

Edited by idigTexas
OU suks

18 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Not only that, assuming a 1:1 relationship of dog to dog stand, she ate over 10 hotdogs a day over those five weeks.  I'm getting that "one too many hot dogs" feeling in my stomach just thinking about it, and I love hot dogs.  

Same. 

Years ago, I made a new years resolution to eat more hot dogs, because resolutions should also be about doing things you like, not just quitting vices or whatever. My resolution was also inspired in part by this op-ed piece that was printed in the Onion, purportedly written by Christopher Walken, but who really knows. It predates the Internet, and there is no official record of it online. It's worth clicking to embiggen. 

I attended a lot of concerts and sporting events that year, and I think I clocked in with an average of something just shy of 10 a month, which I was pretty proud of at the time. 

Seems pretty mundane in comparison to what that lady (and the two runner ups) accomplished. 

20211022_121626.jpg

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Same. 

Years ago, I made a new years resolution to eat more hot dogs, because resolutions should also be about doing things you like, not just quitting vices or whatever. My resolution was also inspired in part by this op-ed piece that was printed in the Onion, purportedly written by Christopher Walken, but who really knows. It predates the Internet, and there is no official record of it online. It's worth clicking to embiggen. 

I attended a lot of concerts and sporting events that year, and I think I clocked in with an average of something just shy of 10 a month, which I was pretty proud of at the time. 

Seems pretty mundane in comparison to what that lady (and the two runner ups) accomplished. 

20211022_121626.jpg

You are a great American, sir. 

On 7/16/2021 at 9:59 PM, Moby Ric said:

Same.  This seems like a "what's the deal with airline food" situation.