Free Rooster

hornian

On 7/12/2021 at 10:37 AM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

I went to lowes for some black caulk.  Asking the lady in the paint department had the same effect.

Have also done this.   Also, more recently than I care to admit, I used the term hand job while trying to convey some intricate work done by hand on a board call.  Pretty sure I was the only one who chuckled audibly. 

• Haha 1

Turns out 2 more the "hens" are also roosters. 

Also found out that the place the eggs were from will take the roosters back and give us hatchlings in return. So that's the plan. 

I'm tired of these literal 6:30 a.m. wake up calls, gotta get these damn birds sent to the farm. 

3 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Lol, did she buy straight run chicks?

No clue. We got hatchlings when they were 6-8 weeks old from a friend of the wife who hatched them, not from a store with guaranteed hens. She (the friend) had no idea the sex of the chickens. But the place the eggs came from will take them back. 

3 hours ago, hornian said:

Turns out 2 more the "hens" are also roosters. 

Also found out that the place the eggs were from will take the roosters back and give us hatchlings in return. So that's the plan. 

I'm tired of these literal 6:30 a.m. wake up calls, gotta get these damn birds sent to the farm. 

I don’t recommend you go to Key West for vacation. 
Eat the roosters. You’re going to trade an adult rooster for a baby rooster. Bad trade, amigo. 

16 minutes ago, EE2B said:

So you are basically taking the chicks, feeding/raising them and then returning them full grown for another chick? If you decide to do that with cows or pigs let me know.

My wife is in charge, so I'll give her your screen name if she decides to go that route. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...