Twin Peaks

EvilCaseMcCoy

17 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Just started for the first time.   I'm not sure I could recommend, but I cannot look away.  So hooked. 

That's a decent way to describe it.  It's kind of like art.  It might be weird and you don't understand it, but it challenges you and you keep looking. 

The original series was pretty great, but the sequel or whatever a few years ago was pretty rough.  It was even more challenging to sit through. 

This is the greatest television series of all time.  Keep watching.

The David Lynch-directed episodes in the original series is the greatest. Dark, dry, gothic, edgy, original, atmospheric.

Most of the other directors didnt know what to do with the material when Lynch was not around.

Especially, in Season 2, you got weird stuff. Weird for the sake of weird. And fluff and filler.

The movie was good. The revamped Twin Peaks, I couldnt get through. Once you get outside of the town of Twin Peaks, I lost interest. It was bad.

On 7/10/2021 at 8:23 AM, miguelito said:

That's a decent way to describe it.  It's kind of like art.  It might be weird and you don't understand it, but it challenges you and you keep looking. 

The original series was pretty great, but the sequel or whatever a few years ago was pretty rough.  It was even more challenging to sit through. 

I have regretted not watching the sequel season, so you wouldn't?  I haven't seen the original in forever.  Maybe rewatch that?

6 hours ago, William Wallace said:

I have regretted not watching the sequel season, so you wouldn't?  I haven't seen the original in forever.  Maybe rewatch that?

If you enjoyed the original, I'd absolutely watch the Return

Watching the original is a big time commitment, so it depends on whether or not you're up for that 

3 minutes ago, miguelito said:

The original is much more 'watchable' whatever that means.  After I'd watch an episode of the return, my wife would ask me how it was.  My usual answer was, "I don't know."

I thought it was hit or miss, similar to the original, with the hits being so great that they made the show worth watching 

3 hours ago, William Wallace said:

lmao, I'm told the series I watched 10 years ago doesn't hold up.  The new one sucks, so I should move on ?

The old one does hold up. 

The new one doesn't suck, it's just not the same show.  It's slower, darker, more violent, has nudity and is not a soap opera.  It also turns the David Lynch surrealism level up to 11.  It's as if Mark Frost was not involved and the network didn't put any boundaries on Lynch. 

I say this having only watched 3 episodes of the return. 

2 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

The old one does hold up. 

The new one doesn't suck, it's just not the same show.  It's slower, darker, more violent, has nudity and is not a soap opera.  It also turns the David Lynch surrealism level up to 11.  It's as if Mark Frost was not involved and the network didn't put any boundaries on Lynch. 

I say this having only watched 3 episodes of the return. 

Just wait 'till episode 8