Things going on in Cuba...

Rip76

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

He can’t 

Can't you (the editorial you) just sit back, and applaud the fact that these folks who've been so oppressed for decades are finally saying fuck you we want a better life without making some political statement about it here.  Enjoy the historical moment it is.

I'm betting he was pissed the wall came down, and opened East Germany up to exploitation by the west.... 

• Hook 'Em 7

25 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

That one is. I am sitting with a buddy right now who verifies the building. 

Can he understand what they are saying in the video?

My Spanish (and Vietnamese, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, and Greek) is very limited and consists of the normal, generic tourist comments:

• Can I drink the water?
  • Where is the shitter?
  • What do you mean wrong hole?
  • What do you mean she's your sister?
  • Please don't kill me!
  • My family has money!

13 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yeah, not sure what the end game is hear. Maybe get close and let current float it over to Cuban fishermen?? No idea.

Agree but I don't see the people changing this shit without support like this from others but if anyone can figure out how to get it to the island I believe they can. Smuggling shit in/out is their thing and hopefully the military chills out as well. This type of stuff always amazes me, participating always has a hell of a risk of being rounded up and I am not sure I know the despair it would take to make it happen.

These are harder to verify (versus people protesting across from the Capitol), and sound just like the kind of thing people would use to stir shit up.

Then again, those are Cuban police, and it is the kind of thing the Cuban government would do.

The bottom video looks legit, and it's surprising that they are fucking with those cops, since those cops could clearly destroy them (then again, something is keeping the cops at bay and who knows how many people are behind the person filming).

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

The fact that you think THIS is the demonstration against oppression is a political statement.

The Cuban people have been suffering under American economic sanctions for well over 3 decades. You deciding THIS moment is the time to actually give a shit about them IS you taking a political position.

Yes I am pretty sure most of us understand this. It sucks that it was the case and I for one am a lazy fuck that says hell yea handle your shit Cuban people when this happens while eating tacos and watching the home run derby. Hell I played baseball in Puerto Rico and saw crazy poverty while drinking and hollering at chicks  cause I didn't care about anything else. Was I an asshole for not recognizing what I was seeing in 2008? I definitely was and I was also a shitty baseball player compared to them. Your post and mine don't matter shit in this situation. Good on these people for doing this, I only hope it works out in their favor cause the alternative is probably not great. 

/csb while high

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

These are harder to verify (versus people protesting across from the Capitol), and sound just like the kind of thing people would use to stir shit up.

Then again, those are Cuban police, and it is the kind of thing the Cuban government would do.

The bottom video looks legit, and it's surprising that they are fucking with those cops, since those cops could clearly destroy them (then again, something is keeping the cops at bay and who knows how many people are behind the person filming).

Hide contents

well we all know Cubans can throw. 

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

I’ll never cry to a moderator.  Just find it amusing and sad how you continually deride our country and fucking derail anything that remotely looks like people from another country attempting to achieve something more like what we have than what they have.   

Maybe he wants to keep it all to ourselves. I mean if those poor bastards find out how good we got it they may want some of that shit for themselves instead of $4.00 a month, and a little red book.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

Who's the opposition to the government? If there is no clear cut opposition, much less a leader of the opposition, this isn't going to go anywhere.

The leaders tend to be in jail or exile. At least we don't have Mas Canosa to listen to. 

12 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Agree but I don't see the people changing this shit without support like this from others but if anyone can figure out how to get it to the island I believe they can. Smuggling shit in/out is their thing and hopefully the military chills out as well. This type of stuff always amazes me, participating always has a hell of a risk of being rounded up and I am not sure I know the despair it would take to make it happen.

I know a couple of dudes that can make that run. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Crazy.  Imagine all of those years with no one standing up to you, and now they are.

They don’t know what to do with this.

Just like the Russian hockey coach in Miracle...

played by Bad Teammate of course.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

13 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

This was I was saying earlier and the best solution is rank and file just say nah, we are not going to arrest our families. Regime sees the light, raids the coffers and scamper off to exile via Caracas. 

9 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Crazy.  Imagine all of those years with no one standing up to you, and now they are.

They don’t know what to do with this.

Check the bottom video: (the "Tonight the people are just not afraid anymore") video

39 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Yes I am pretty sure most of us understand this. It sucks that it was the case and I for one am a lazy fuck that says hell yea handle your shit Cuban people when this happens while eating tacos and watching the home run derby. Hell I played baseball in Puerto Rico and saw crazy poverty while drinking and hollering at chicks  cause I didn't care about anything else. Was I an asshole for not recognizing what I was seeing in 2008? I definitely was and I was also a shitty baseball player compared to them. Your post and mine don't matter shit in this situation. Good on these people for doing this, I only hope it works out in their favor cause the alternative is probably not great. 

/csb while high

Actually fuck that what are you doing about it that matter? For my gf Venezuelan family we had to create fake cash app accounts for people in Aruba who ride a boat every day to Venezuela so we could send money for her grandpa's heart medicine since the stiipend or whatever was only worth a 1/4 of his prescription. Stop thread shitting about bitching about the dumb shit. Sorry now I'm high and drunk 

Edited by Zepol87
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Twitter is saying that Venezuelan soldiers are going to be brought in.

I have my doubts, as that's an easy rumor to spread, but if it turns out to be true, that means the leaders have lost faith in the military, and that will also energize the people like nothing.  All it takes is one massacre by foreign soldiers, and the gloves will truly be off.

• Like 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Twitter is saying that Venezuelan soldiers are going to be brought in.

I have my doubts, as that's an easy rumor to spread, but if it turns out to be true, that means the leaders have lost faith in the military, and that will also energize the people like nothing.  All it takes is one massacre by foreign soldiers, and the gloves will truly be off.

You would still have the problem of protestors with baseballs vs a now emotionally unattached military ready to dispatch them. 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Actually fuck that what are you doing about it that matter? For my gf Venezuelan family we had to create fake cash app accounts for people in Aruba who ride a boat every day to Venezuela so we could send money for her grandpa's heart medicine since the stiipend or whatever was only worth a 1/4 of his prescription. Stop thread shitting about bitching about the dumb shit. Sorry now I'm high and drunk 

And talking to yourself apparently..... bravo...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

You would still have the problem of protestors with baseballs vs a now emotionally unattached military ready to dispatch them. 

If they have to bring in Venezuelans, it means they've lost the military.  I doubt Cuban soldiers are going to stand by and allow the Venezuelans to start gunning down Cuban civilians, particularly the women.

I put it at about 50/50 - it seems like something the Cuban leadership would do if they were running out of time, and something the Venezuelans would do, but that's assuming Venezuela can afford to spare the troops.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

If Venezuela sends troops it is just payback for the support Cuba has given them. And what of it? With the growing insurgency in the west I don't see Venezuela sending their best troops.

The Venezuelans will probably chill in Cuba and try not to go back

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2