2021 Open Championship at Royal St George's

Wally Fairway

On 7/15/2021 at 8:18 AM, Capt. Squints said:

Why? I've watched interviews with the guy and he seems to be okay. Koepka seems like the bigger douche, and he fancies himself an intimidating badass. Fuck this National Enquirer bs.

Upon further reflection, yeah Bryson is a douche. I think Fleetwood takes this thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

"Drove the ball great. Love my driver."  lulz

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Lulz @ Brooks’ post round interview. “Drove the ball great. Love my driver”

even Brooks can't hide his own amusement.

Edited by Jive Turkey

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

3. Jordan

T4. Fritelli & Scheffler

• Jordan and Dylan are paired together for Rd 3, and are the next to last group going out right before Morikawa & Oostie
  • Schefty is paired with DJ in the group right before Spieth/Frittelli
  • That's 3 Longhorns in the Final 3 groups...  🤘
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah I didn’t think that through. His behavior is going to affect his game (already has, kinda), and it’s going to affect his endorsements, cost him money and shorten his career.  I don’t think his behavior is as bad as Daly or Reed, but he’s like Bubba combined with Na, and irritates the fuck out of everyone on tour. Does he have any friends on tour?  The tour will not have patience for his Na antics when he’s not nearly as likable. 

I dont think he's worried about making friends. As for the marketing angle - he is absolutely raking endorsements right now. Him being a cunty redass only helps his brand in an ironic way. Until he has some off-the-course character controversy it will remain that way. Bryson generates viewers and clicks. The tour likes those things. If it gets into his head enough to affect his game and keep him from winning then that will die down. But as long as he's one of the best players on tour he is going to continue making headlines. 

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:
  • Jordan and Dylan are paired together for Rd 3, and are the next to last group going out right before Morikawa & Oostie
  • Schefty is paired with DJ in the group right before Spieth/Frittelli
  • That's 3 Longhorns in the Final 3 groups...  🤘

The soft greens & fairways are dramatically affecting the championship. Low winds is one thing, but the balls not bouncing or rolling off rock hard surfaces is leaving the course defenseless.

It's not what we're accustomed to for an Open, but it's fair & so far it hasn't been the luck of the draw between an early or late tee time.

I'm all in on Jordan going low tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 1