South Africa Things Going On

Archer

South Africa didn’t want to be left out of the protest and riot games. 

The new president arrested the old president and kicked off widespread unrest. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_South_Africa_unrest

Civilians have taken up arms against the rioters as the police have told them they are on their own  Videos are all over Twitter and YouTube  

Lady rocking the gauge  

Citizens are fighting back!

Wild times 

Edited by Archer
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yeah, well the fuckers cannot agree on who is going to lead the PKO mission into Northern Mozambique so here come the Rwandans. Jesus when Botswana says you cannot lead a mission you are fucked. 

You laugh, but Botswana really has its shit together these days.

Americans are very judgmental about South Africa.  But it had a flash turnover of power from the white minority to the black majority, and it's still dealing with the fallout from that.  But at least the South Africans turned power over from the white minority--America hasn't managed that yet.

Jacob Zuma is handling this exactly as Donald Trump would handle being arrested for his corruption.  And the result in South Africa might be a preview of what would happen here if Trump were arrested.

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

You laugh, but Botswana really has its shit together these days.

Americans are very judgmental about South Africa.  But it had a flash turnover of power from the white minority to the black majority, and it's still dealing with the fallout from that.  But at least the South Africans turned power over from the white minority--America hasn't managed that yet.

Jacob Zuma is handling this exactly as Donald Trump would handle being arrested for his corruption.  And the result in South Africa might be a preview of what would happen here if Trump were arrested.

I know brah, them and the Rwandans. Best Peacekeepers on the continent. That is why I deal with them. 

I have good friends from 32 Bat. Integrated units. They ran my security across the Middle East. Best officers and troops I have ever seen. Make the Ghurkas looks undisciplined. But now? 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

In Texas we certainly do.

I thought we were talking about South Africa?

TBH i know very little about South Africa except for a couple facts. They had those annoying noise makers at their World Cup and that handicapped sprinter murdered his hot af girlfriend. 

9-D305-EC5-CC9-C-4-B4-A-B937-909-DBB86-C

• Fuck You 1

11 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

That's stormtrooper level marksmanship there

while I agree with what you are saying, it looks like most of the firearms are shotguns, which at that range (perception is hard, but that looks like about 150/175 feet) will hurt like hell and a fluke shot could kill you, but for the most part thats a "get the fuck away from us kind of firing."    for comparison its thought Cheney was around 70-80 feet away when he popped his hunting companion (and that guy came much closer to dying than we were initially led to believe)

Edited by AUS-97HORN

I thought we were talking about South Africa?

TBH i know very little about South Africa except for a couple facts. They had those annoying noise makers at their World Cup and that handicapped sprinter murdered his hot af girlfriend. 

9-D305-EC5-CC9-C-4-B4-A-B937-909-DBB86-C0-C2.jpg

And Candice Swanepoel.0d7ce1a0a740242b9436f2a23710c9ae.jpg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

RSA has elected some interesting choices as president. I recall one of them being interviewed outside by an American reporter. The reporter referenced the widespread reporting of rapes in RSA. Something like there is a rape every 30 seconds. The President's response was disbelief and he used the fact that the two had been talking for several minutes at the point, and neither had witnessed a rape in that garden.  How can anyone allow someone with such a small grasp of logic and reasoning into power.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 1

The country is absolutely beautiful.  It is also a powder keg surrounded by people with flame throwers.  One day in the not too distant future it will go boom, and it will be really ugly for a while.  I was there in 2017 and am shocked it hasn’t gone boom yet.  Maybe this is it, maybe this will be like all of the other dust ups that have occurred since then and will fizzle out, but the big boom will happen sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

RSA has elected some interesting choices as president. I recall one of them being interviewed outside by an American reporter. The reporter referenced the widespread reporting of rapes in RSA. Something like there is a rape every 30 seconds. The President's response was disbelief and he used the fact that the two had been talking for several minutes at the point, and neither had witnessed a rape in that garden.  How can anyone allow someone with such a small grasp of logic and reasoning into power.

I would've thought the same thing 4 1/2 years ago. 

Army being ordered into the streets. Spoke with a few friends there are they are preparing for the worst. Civil War, etc. 

The South African government plans to deploy 25,000 troops after days of widespread looting and violence.
The military deployment - to counter riots sparked by the jailing of former President Jacob Zuma - would be the biggest since the end of apartheid.
At least 117 people have died and more than 2,000 have been arrested in South Africa's worst unrest in years.
Hundreds of shops and businesses have been looted and the government says it is acting to prevent food shortages.
Citizens are arming themselves and forming vigilante groups to protect their property from the rampage.
More than 200 incidents of looting and vandalism were recorded on Wednesday, the government said, as the number of troops deployed doubled to 5,000.
But Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula said she had submitted a request for the deployment of 25,000 soldiers to the two provinces hit by violence - KwaZulu-Natal, where Durban is located, and Gauteng, which includes Johannesburg.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-57848357

A side impact is the South Africans were supposed to deploy 1000 troops into Northern Mozambique. To date their deployment has been halted. Rwanda deploys a combat battalion starting tomorrow. Advance assets are already on the ground. 

14 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Gauteng,

Next motherfucker on TV that pronounces that wrong should be forced to move to downtown Joburg. 

Lived in ZA off and on for a while. Buddy of mine phoned me this morning asking if I could help him GTFO and move his family here. Anyone know anything about work Visas???

• Hook 'Em 1