MMR vaccine discussion

Nonbryan

Where do most anti Covid vaxers stand on the MMR vaccine?  Vice versa....where do pro Covid vaxers stand on the MMR vaccine?  Are people generally pro vax and they get them all or are people anti vax and they get none?  Discuss

• Fuck You 1

If I ever come across an anti-vaxxer I will ask them ... unless it is Jenny McCarthy ... not blowing my chance to get blown.

Regardless ... I hate to bust out some crazy reasoning, but if A = "anti-vaxx" and B = "vaccine" I would assume A opposes B; therefore I would assume anti-vaxxers would by definition oppose the MMR vaccine.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron

2 hours ago, futureman said:

100 possible cases out of 13M doses.  And they looked out 42 days which is weird. There are some published case series of covid-19 patients developing GBS and average time to onset is under 2 weeks.  Several vaccines are known to cause GBS, as are certain viruses — obviously including sars-cov-2. Would suck to get, but is exceedingly rare from any cause

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

100 possible cases out of 13M doses.  And they looked out 42 days which is weird. There are some published case series of covid-19 patients developing GBS and average time to onset is under 2 weeks.  Several vaccines are known to cause GBS, as are certain viruses — obviously including sars-cov-2. Would suck to get, but is exceedingly rare from any cause

I ain’t lettin’ Biden inject me with no geeyon burray. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I read an article about how the combination of the 1976 swine flu vaccine causing GBS, as well as the flu not being as widespread as predicted, really hurt Ford politically and led to the firing of the head of the CDC.  It speculated that the CDC has been more political and small-c conservative ever since.

19 hours ago, HouTex said:

The people I know who are not getting the covid shot(s) had no issues with the MMR, small pox, polio, and the other vaccines for the
them and their children.

Same. I don't think not wanting to get a covid shot makes you an anti-vaxxer necessarily.

20 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, lmao said:
Same. I don't think not wanting to get a covid shot makes you an anti-vaxxer necessarily.

Sure it does. There is no legitimate reason to not get it at this point.

It makes you even more of one.   As serious as MMR are they not a global pandemic that are killing millions upon millions of people.   

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, midtown said:

As serious as MMR are they not a global pandemic that are killing millions upon millions of people.   

Because people (the vast majority thereof) have the vaccine; sadly many don't understand that.

I blame the anti-vax popularity on Jenny McCarthy ( but I'd still fucker, maybe grudge fuck even though I've never met her). But why wouldn't people believe a playmate of the year.

15 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Because people (the vast majority thereof) have the vaccine; sadly many don't understand that.

I blame the anti-vax popularity on Jenny McCarthy ( but I'd still fucker, maybe grudge fuck even though I've never met her). But why wouldn't people believe a playmate of the year.

I was so disappoint when I found out Danny Trejo thinks vaccines caused his kids autism.

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
4 hours ago, lmao said:

Sure it does. There is no legitimate reason to not get it at this point.

Well they've been ok with getting vaccinated in the past but maybe they don't want a Mrna vaccine or maybe they already have antibodies from prior infection (just spitballing). I haven't got the flu vaccine in a few years, am I an anti-vaxxer?

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, lmao said:

Well they've been ok with getting vaccinated in the past but maybe they don't want a Mrna vaccine or maybe they already have antibodies from prior infection (just spitballing). I haven't got the flu vaccine in a few years, am I an anti-vaxxer?

I don't really get the vax-related rage. We have reached the point where every adult who wants a vaccine can get one. So be it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I don't really get the vax-related rage. We have reached the point where every adult who wants a vaccine can get one. So be it.

You don't understand that this fucking virus is going to keep mutating as long as it's out in the wild and that there is a very real chance that we're going to get a variant that the vaccines are not effective against?  If that happens, we're back at the beginning with this.  We need as many shots in arms globally as is humanly possible.  That includes fucktards in the states who don't want it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

You don't understand that this fucking virus is going to keep mutating as long as it's out in the wild and that there is a very real chance that we're going to get a variant that the vaccines are not effective against?  If that happens, we're back at the beginning with this.  We need as many shots in arms globally as is humanly possible.  That includes fucktards in the states who don't want it.

This has been explained, oh I don't know, maybe 1000 times on this board over the past 6 months? At this point, you have to just assume the people who trot out the "why do you care what others do" line are either trolling or incapable of rational thought.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

This has been explained, oh I don't know, maybe 1000 times on this board over the past 6 months? At this point, you have to just assume the people who trot out the "why do you care what others do" line are either trolling or incapable of rational thought.

They're just selfish fucks and I'm going to keep calling them selfish fucks until they either go away or get vaccinated.  There is zero reason not to, other than wanting to be a selfish fuck.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Okay. Go yell at a bird watcher if it makes you feel better.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Do you believe antibodies from prior infection counts towards herd immunity? Because on a positive note a good % of the public either knowingly or unknowingly have antibodies.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, lmao said:

Do you believe antibodies from prior infection counts towards herd immunity? Because on a positive note a good % of the public either knowingly or unknowingly have antibodies.

Like the flu shot, I expect to get annual Covid shots. Do the people who have anti bodies from prior exposure plan on getting an annual reinfection?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1. The broader anti-vaccine movement as well as COVID vaccine resistance is a symptom of our gradual societal disengagement from reality. We’ve always had people make terrible and irresponsible choices, but now poor choices are points of pride.

2. As good as it feels to rage against anti-vaxxers for their role in creating variants, it’s probably a drop in the bucket compared to the variant factories in countries with less vaccine access. It doesn’t help and it certainly spreads death and destruction, but there will be variants either way.

3. Comparing failure to get your COVID shot with failure to get your annual flu shot — which you should also get — is asinine. It’s just noise to muddy the waters and justify irresponsible choices.

4. I’ll admit that before my first COVID shot, my lizard brain told me that I would turn into a newt or something, but we don’t have to believe our lizard brains. I wonder if messaging that more explicitly acknowledged normal but entirely irrational and absurd fears would be more effective than the way we do things.

When my four year old is having a meltdown, you can’t reason with him until you acknowledge that he’s really angry that you threw the dirty paper towel in the trash. Once I let him know that I get why he’s so angry, we can have a more rational discussion and be normal people. Stupid thoughts and fears are still real feelings and can only be faced once you see them for what they are.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

On 7/13/2021 at 4:44 PM, Nonbryan said:

Where do most anti Covid vaxers stand on the MMR vaccine?  Vice versa....where do pro Covid vaxers stand on the MMR vaccine?  Are people generally pro vax and they get them all or are people anti vax and they get none?  Discuss

I got the mmr vaccine booster during the covid because there was some findings that it helped against covid.  Got vaccinated with moderna as early as I could.  You got a vaccine, I'll take it.  I'm going to live forever. I rule

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Foosters said:

Right, it's the same as the fucknuts who say "if masks work, wear yours and don't worry about me" when it's been said 27 million times that the mask is primarily keeping the wearer from spreading the virus rather than receiving it. Fucking dullard dolt muppets. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Rip76 said:

Honest question, am I insane for never having a flu shot in my lifetime?

Some people don't wear seatbelts, not sure why. And I can't tell you if they are sane or not. But it seems like a risk I don't want to take. Then again I've been in an accident twice, both not my fault & walked away. So I buckle up every time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

As much as I want everyone above a certain age to do their part, the likelihood of this evolving to overcome the vaccines is overtly unlikely, specifically the mRNA group. And even if it does, the mRNA technology allows us to quickly pivot to take care of said variants.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

As much as I want everyone above a certain age to do their part, the likelihood of this evolving to overcome the vaccines is overtly unlikely, specifically the mRNA group. And even if it does, the mRNA technology allows us to quickly pivot to take care of said variants.

Delta has already proven to make the Pfizer vaccine less effective, according to a study done in Israel.  And as we've seen with the rollout of these vaccines, it takes time to manufacture and distribute them.  I'd really rather not go through another round of lockdowns.  My business is finally thriving again.

Edited by Chewbacca

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

But I don't want the pandemic to end because I'm mentally ill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Delta has already proven to make the Pfizer vaccine less effective,

In Britain where the delta has been around since May; Hospitalizations and deaths have not increased much at all despite higher cases.   IMO that tells me it's pretty damn effective.   It does however appear to allow transmission.   Not sure how this is a bad thing though.  You can add some natural immunity on top of your vaccine immunity and there is a chance you can infect some moron who won't get vaccinated and they could possible die.   Win win

Edited by midtown