Why is GTA 6 taking so gd long to make and release?

usmc0331horn

https://www.take2games.com/ir/news/rockstar-games-announces-grand-theft-auto-vi-coming-2025

Rockstar Games®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto VI is coming to PlayStation® 5 computer entertainment systems and Xbox Series X|S games and entertainment systems in 2025.

b1f.jpg

“Grand Theft Auto VI continues our efforts to push the limits of what’s possible in highly immersive, story-driven open-world experiences,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We’re thrilled to be able to share this new vision with players everywhere.” Grand Theft Auto VI heads to the state of Leonida, home to the neon-soaked streets of Vice City and beyond in the biggest, most immersive evolution of the Grand Theft Auto series yet. 

Celebrating its 25th anniversary in December, Rockstar Games pioneered the open-world genre of video games with the launch of Grand Theft Auto III in 2001.

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

MISSION FAILED!

But why?  I robbed the bank, I escaped the cops in the car chase, I shot the rival gang members, I jumped the missing bridge section.  WHY?

I didn’t like your tone when you told me “not now” when I wanted to talk to you during the gunfight. 

Knowing Rockstar, there will absolutely be a mission that involves Jason doing household chores to Lucia’s exact specifications. Probably a whole chore mini-game where the reward for finishing is a fresh list of new chores. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Damn, when GTA 5 came out, I didn't have a kid. 

When GTA 6 comes out, he will be nine years old. How the hell am I going to be able to play this with a 9-year-old in the house? Just wait until he goes to bed and play for an hour? That seems lame.

You tell him to quit acting like his mother and send him to his room while you have fun on GTA6 lol

14 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

GTA Vice City was great, but it was purely the Scarface version of Miami.  This whole Florida Man angle is going to be fucking crazy and I’m loving it.  Like Trevor from GTA V on steroids.

I gotta give them credit. They not only perfectly leaned into the Florida angle, but that trailer in general was damn good. 

105 million views in two days.  That’s South Korean boy band numbers. 

Edited by atomheartbevo

On 12/6/2023 at 8:47 AM, atomheartbevo said:

I gotta give them credit. They not only perfectly leaned into the Florida angle, but that trailer in general was damn good. 

105 million views in two days.  That’s South Korean boy band numbers. 

I have a PS3 that hasn't been turned on in months. Due to aforementioned son and not doing online play, I haven't played GTA 5 in years and years. I'm already planning to buy a PS5 for this and have watched the trailer about five times.

Tattoo guy is making demands

https://kotaku.com/gta-6-florida-joker-voice-read-dead-redemption-2-1851089419

A Florida man is calling on Rockstar Games to pay him $2 million for showing literally one second of a character who looks like him in the reveal trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6. Lawrence Sullivan, AKA “Florida Joker,” accused the studio of stealing his likeness in his latest TikTok video. But a Red Dead Redemption 2 voice actor wasn’t having it.

Sullivan, who got his face tattooed to resemble Jared Leto’s version of the Joker following the Batman villain’s appearance in 2016’s Suicide Squad, has been trying to monetize his recent flicker in the limelight. “Let’s talk,” he said in a public call to Rockstar after parodies of him and other viral social media figuresappeared in GTA 6’s long-awaited first trailer. Over the weekend, he followed up with more specific demands.

“We gotta talk or [if] not you gotta give me like a mil or two,” Sullivan said in his latest TikTok video. “Florida Joker ain’t having that, y’all took my likeness, y’all took my life.” State publicity laws often protect people’s right to profit off their own likeness, with notable exceptions for things like parody.

One person who seems to think Sullivan has no reason to complain is Roger Clark, the voice actor behind Red Dead Redemption 2’s protagonist, Arthur Morgan. “[Rockstar Games is] lawyered up, man,” he said in his own TikTok video, according to PC Gamer. “They know exactly what they can and cannot get away with. If I were you, I would use the notoriety they just threw your way to your advantage. Capitalize on it somehow. You ain’t getting a job at Home Depot with that face.”

Lindsay Lohan couldn't beat Rockstar, not sure why eh thinks he can, especially as he admits he copied a look from a movie.

• Haha 1

Definitive Editions of GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas out on mobile and Netflix.  Apparently they look and perform better on mobile than the console ports.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/8978k883335o83/grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-now-available-on-n

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition is now available for Netflix Members to enjoy as part of their subscription, and also now available on iOS and Android devices.

These mobile versions of the genre-defining classics Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas are all available to be purchased individually and feature additional improvements, including a new Classic Lighting mode that restores the look and feel of the sky in the original games.

https://kotaku.com/grand-theft-auto-gta-trilogy-android-ios-netflix-1851099910

Fans jumping into the newly released mobile ports of the Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition games are discovering something surprising: It seems to include improved visual settings that more closely match the look of the original PlayStation 2 games, as well as new bug fixes. That’s good news, but folks are now wondering if these improvements will make the leap to other platforms in the future.

Over on the GTA Forums, fans have confirmed that they include new visual settings and options. The biggest game changer appears to be a new “Classic Lighting” option which makes the games look a lot better. Turning this option on in GTA: San Andreas seems to bring back the original game’s orange skies, which were missing in the previous versions on console and PC. It makes nighttime scenes darker, too.

Other visual improvements and tweaks include better-looking fog in San Andreas, the ability to scale resolution (letting the game perform better on weaker phones), and some minor tweaks to billboards, in-game props, and character models to fix issues that still persisted. Players are also reporting that gameplay bugs—like sprinting in GTA III not working properly, or garage doors making weird noises when opening and closing—have been fixed, too.