2022 CB Austin Jordan

IT: https://insidetexas.com/texas-lands-denton-ryan-db-austin-jordan/

Gerry Hamilton: Jordan is another versatile DB prospect in the class with good size and speed combo. Has DB versatility, which makes him attractive as a prospect if he doesn’t stay at corner long term. Like the majority of Denton Ryan defenders, he plays with toughness.

Eric Nahlin: Originally on the radar as a corner but he looks like a good safety prospect to me. I’m not seeing the pure coverage ability you need for the island.

Excerpt from the Recruiting Notebook

Ian Boyd: Texas is back to having a “four corners” philosophy to their secondary, aiming to recruit cornerbacks out of high school and moving some of them to safety as needed while still leaving a spot every year for a traditional alley safety. Jordan already has a versatile skill set which could translate in multiple positions. He has great ball skills and can feel space and receivers around him while playing in zone but has also run a sub 11.00 100m and plays some good, press-man coverage on film as well. Jordan has the athleticism to stick at cornerback but certainly has some tackling and ball-hawking skills which would translate should he move to nickel or free safety.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Yes. 

He's very much like the guys that Akina targeted and could be at home as a CB, NB, or FS - and could end up playing some combination in his time on the 40. 

One of things that Akina did very well was cross-train DBs. I'm no expert, but this should have been a greater point of emphasis with recent DB corches Texas has had. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1