Holy shit, ze German floods

MaybeACoordinator

Besides the terrible loss of life, Just think of all this history that will never be recovered... at least in the next couple of generations.

Future archeologists will have a lot of interesting projects though.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I get that the CR is a big community on this site but it's clearly bleeding out into other areas and it's getting irritating. I pay a small tithe every month to this site but I'm definitely entertaining cutting that shit off and going elsewhere after seeing the reaction to certain posts in this thread. 

We have a TexAgs in the back; a SurlyHorns and a TexAgs. TexAgs would be good for you.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 7/17/2021 at 1:33 AM, ztejas said:

@HornOnTheBayou get a fucking life, cheesedick. That's the most embarassing neg against me I've ever seen on this site. 

And as long as we're on the subject - there is basically no room for posters that aren't extremely left to share their opinions on this site anymore. This entire thread is embarassing. I get y'all are liberal but holy shit - the CR brigade has become ridiculous. 

Look at this trash, this has 8 ups to 3 negs. This fuck is being such a politically forward condescending dickhead that it shouldn't even bear mentioning yet here we are:

20210717_012820.thumb.jpg.cac680d03a76ab58a7be4c5343e25c0c.jpg

I get that the CR is a big community on this site but it's clearly bleeding out into other areas and it's getting irritating. I pay a small tithe every month to this site but I'm definitely entertaining cutting that shit off and going elsewhere after seeing the reaction to certain posts in this thread. 

First thing that came to mind after reading this temper tantrum…

DF6E2E60-C609-4EDD-9AD4-382BCFD050CB.gif.375b944c038c98cfbe3e3b52deab4f40.gif

We should be talking about important shit.  A buddy of mine has been banging this gal that has a Fulbright scholarship and was going to be spending part of this year and next year in Luxembourg, and he was going to fly out and spend a month or two with her.  Based on the photos and videos of her, and the flooding in Luxembourg, I can see why he's concerned.

Edit: I'm not going to post the photos of her, because I think her parents have Austin or Texas ties of some sort, and I'm not going have some dad lose his shit over his daughter's nudes, or feel ashamed/embarrassed. It could happen to any of us.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

WAPO:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/07/16/weather-pattern-climate-germany-flooding/

”(Edited to remove “political” statements)

In short, a storm system or zone of low pressure over Central Europe, named “Bernd,”became trapped between flanking areas of high pressure to the west and east.* The low-pressure zone, which tapped tropical moisture from the Mediterranean, unloaded bursts of torrential rain over two to three days. 

In the hardest-hit parts of Germany, two months’ worth of rain fell in 24 hours, according to the Deutscher Wetterdienst, Germany’s meteorological agency. A maptweeted by the agency revealed that it was a 1-in-100-year deluge over a large swath of western Germany, or one that has just a 1 percent chance of occurring in any given year.

Numerous locations in western Germany received 5 to 7 inches of rain, with locally higher amounts, between Tuesday and Thursday. Some of the most extreme downpours occurred Wednesday night into Thursday, when more than a half-foot of rain fell in less than 12 hours.”

Two things, that sort of rainfall isn’t extreme by Austin standards, (we saw 13” south of town one afternoon while headed back from the oldest’s well-check,) and, I wonder if Germany has updated its flood-maps (100 year, 500 year, etc.) Austin has done so, with 500 year floods now 100 year floods.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.govtech.com/em/preparedness/Austin-Texas-Will-Change-Code-to-Expand-100-Year-Floodplain.html%3f_amp=true

*I think we are currently flanked by high pressure zones to the East and West.