Jinkies! Mystery Seeds From China - Solved!

ROFL BOX

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/07/unsolicited-seeds-china-brushing/619417/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Closing (read the entire article yourself):

But I believe, on balance, that people probably did forget. Or, to put it another way, that they may have never been fully aware of what they did in the first place. Few of us truly understand the machines and systems at our disposal; we click a button and move on. Meanwhile, tens or hundreds or thousands of miles away, something starts to happen. Steps are taken, wheels are set into motion, decisions—and perhaps mistakes—are made. By the time the distorted ripples of cause and effect make their way back to us, we may no longer recognize that we were the ones who threw a stone into the water.

Subtext:  Sid Miller is a dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 4

so basically it turned out that a whole bunch of idiots bought cheap seeds off amazon.... didnt get their orders, managed to FORGET that they had placed a seed order... and then when seeds arrived 4 months later... they thought it was a magical Chinese seed fairy?

I mean I know the average american is dumb as fuck... but HTF do you not manage to put 2 and 2 together......   ooooooo thats right, I ordered seeds like 6 months ago.  they never arrived.... and   now, 6 months later seeds have arrived.    what a total fucking cooincidence!!!!!!

• Haha 1

“Good morning, patriots,” Miller began, raising the coiled lasso in his right hand by way of greeting. “I don’t know about you, but I’m getting tired of all these surprises coming out of China. First it was the Chinese virus, then we had the murder hornets, then we had to close the embassy in Houston because of espionage … Now we’ve got all these mystery seeds coming in in the mail.”

Lol

16 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so basically it turned out that a whole bunch of idiots bought cheap seeds off amazon.... didnt get their orders, managed to FORGET that they had placed a seed order... and then when seeds arrived 4 months later... they thought it was a magical Chinese seed fairy?

I mean I know the average american is dumb as fuck... but HTF do you not manage to put 2 and 2 together......   ooooooo thats right, I ordered seeds like 6 months ago.  they never arrived.... and   now, 6 months later seeds have arrived.    what a total fucking cooincidence!!!!!!

They didn’t order the seeds. It was a brushing scam. For it to work, you actually have to send something, preferably cheap. Seeds made a great dummy product.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

They didn’t order the seeds. It was a brushing scam. For it to work, you actually have to send something, preferably cheap. Seeds made a great dummy product.

Read the article. The people he interviewed (several of them; not just a one off) did in fact order seeds in the spring, didn’t realize they were from China, the seeds were delayed due to COVID shipping shutdowns in China in the spring, and then started getting shipped in June and July. And the Chinese sellers put innocuous words on the boxes (earrings, etc) to get past customs rules related to importing seeds. 

Not all of them; but “the lions share” according to this investigation.  

10 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

200.gif

1 hour ago, hornian said:

Read the article. The people he interviewed (several of them; not just a one off) did in fact order seeds in the spring, didn’t realize they were from China, the seeds were delayed due to COVID shipping shutdowns in China in the spring, and then started getting shipped in June and July. And the Chinese sellers put innocuous words on the boxes (earrings, etc) to get past customs rules related to importing seeds. 

Not all of them; but “the lions share” according to this investigation.  

yeah what he said.