Reservation Dogs

Scary Stranger

OMG, the third episode is the funniest 30 minutes I’ve watched in a long, long while! The Sonic thing captured small town Oklahoma perfect. The white people at the beginning. Uncle and his stories. The weed guy and the “just get your card it’s legal now” recurring trope. Willie Jack’s comments. Everything was perfect, and I rarely rave like this about cinema.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 5

14 hours ago, 'stache said:

OMG, the third episode is the funniest 30 minutes I’ve watched in a long, long while! The Sonic thing captured small town Oklahoma perfect. The white people at the beginning. Uncle and his stories. The weed guy and the “just get your card it’s legal now” recurring trope. Willie Jack’s comments. Everything was perfect, and I rarely rave like this about cinema.

Hell yea and calling it "sonics" was a nice touch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/18/2021 at 10:41 PM, 'stache said:

I loved the 3rd episode. It finally grabbed me. The characters and acting kinda threw me off in the pilot (or maybe just their dry humor), but 2 was better, and 3 had me cracking up. The ridiculous bar story getting better and better all episode, and ending as a meth rager was hilarious. And agree that the girl who seemed to be a supporting character is taking over the show. I'm an episode behind though so i'll catch up tonight and see what else they got in store. 

I enjoyed the last episode thoroughly.    I spent part of my childhood in an area where deer lady stories were prevalent, so that part resonated.  And, for all the Letterkenny fans, it was great having Tanis as the deer lady.  

I'm hoping Wes Studi's character becomes a regular.  Between him, William Knifeman and Uncle Brownie, the ancillary characters are really making this show for me.   

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

I enjoyed the last episode thoroughly.    I spent part of my childhood in an area where deer lady stories were prevalent, so that part resonated.  And, for all the Letterkenny fans, it was great having Tanis as the deer lady.  

I'm hoping Wes Studi's character becomes a regular.  Between him, William Knifeman and Uncle Brownie, the ancillary characters are really making this show for me.   

Glad it worked for you cause I was WAY out of the loop.

Willie Jack still the best character on the show. I could go for another Willie Jack episode. Great pairing with the dad too, they're both just a little....... different. Cool, but different. 

And yeah this reminds more and more of Atlanta each week. Overall plot lines be damned, they're doing detours to build some characters and I'm with it. It's coming along.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Honestly, I don’t have any negative feelings or critiques about this show. So far it is perfect. Thoroughly enjoying it.

What’s up white Jesus?

It really is a good blend of drama and comedy. There was a line from the previous ep that got me to reflect a bit. And I’m not saying that’s what the writer’s intent was… but when Big was trying to describe Red Bone to Cheese and talking about the song and how they were an all Indian Band/part of their culture… I don’t know why, but it triggered a feeling and memories of me while growing up looking for any celebrities, athletes,  etc that had any sliver of Chinese or Asian heritage. Someone for the community to be proud of.  And it made me think… for Big, Red bone was that. 

Can’t wait till season 2 comes out for people to start shitting on it and how it’s different from season 1. 😀

Edited by YChang
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, YChang said:

It really is a good blend of drama and comedy. There was a line from the previous ep that got me to reflect a bit. And I’m not saying that’s what the writer’s intent was… but when Big was trying to describe Red Bone to Cheese and talking about the song and how they were an all Indian Band/part of their culture… I don’t know why, but it triggered a feeling and memories of me while growing up looking for any celebrities, athletes,  etc that had any sliver of heritage. Someone for the community to be proud of.  And it made me think… for Big, Red bone was that. 

Can’t wait till season 2 comes out for people to start shitting on it and how it’s different from season 1. 😀

I still do this.  I look up half breeds like myself that may speak Spanish or Portuguese.

• Hook 'Em 2

It really is a good blend of drama and comedy. There was a line from the previous ep that got me to reflect a bit. And I’m not saying that’s what the writer’s intent was… but when Big was trying to describe Red Bone to Cheese and talking about the song and how they were an all Indian Band/part of their culture… I don’t know why, but it triggered a feeling and memories of me while growing up looking for any celebrities, athletes,  etc that had any sliver of Chinese or Asian heritage. Someone for the community to be proud of.  And it made me think… for Big, Red bone was that. 

Can’t wait till season 2 comes out for people to start shitting on it and how it’s different from season 1. 

Wait. You’re Asian?
  • Haha 1