Car Youtubers

William Wallace

On 7/21/2021 at 12:32 PM, 52-80 said:

savage geese

These are some of the best produced car videos on YT. Just incredible production values.

On 7/21/2021 at 12:32 PM, 52-80 said:

papadakis racing

Just badass to see him still around in the sport, he was one of the guys that fathered the whole import tuner and import drag scene in the US.

Pretty specific channels: 

Restore It for old rebuilds and restoration - this is very zen, no narration, accelerated speed video, you just watch parts and cars gradually go from shitty to new. If you try one thing from this list, try this channel.

Precision Transmission for how they explain and rebuild domestic automatic transmissions. Clearly have a ton of knowledge and experience, have really helped to "de-mystify" auto trans for me.

M539 Restorations for older BMW restoration.

High Tech Corvette - mainly Corvette (duh) and TX-centric, but really a ton of high horsepower drag and street racing of all sorts.

Car Wizard - this is the shop that Hoovie takes his crap to when he can't figure it out. Rambles a bit and is slow-paced in general, but clearly knows his stuff.

Volvo Trucks - Volvo's heavy truck division is totally different from their passenger cars. Specifically, they've done some incredible (and hilarious) ads, including featuring Jean Claude Van Damme years ago. They've also taken a truck to valet parking in Vegas. Here's a more recent one from last year: 

And here's where they have a hamster drive a truck out of a mine, to show the ease of steering:

Edited by Sam Lin
forgot the Volvo hamster ad !!!

this one i like because i appreciate the thoughtfulness he puts into the production, for a private channel.  its sort of what i would try to do (music, camera, narration, length/trimming) if i made videos myself.    its like a less hardcore version of savage geese.

and its about a single guy working on "real" cars instead of these british carfluencer nonsense. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCk1LXyP9fJ8jUFbBeaznCw

• 2 weeks later...

I like the TFL guys a lot, especially the off-road stuff.

Similar to Papadakisracing, Ryan Tuerck’s channel has some cool stuff. The “Formula Supra” build is incredible (Judd V10 in MK5 time attack Supra).

Richrebuilds

Dennis Collins - the “Coffee Walk” videos are great, every Friday.

And SOME of the Donut Media videos are cool, but that main dude James tries way too hard. Jeremiah is cool.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 2:34 PM, faps said:

Love this dude's videos. Super informative and explained well.

On 7/21/2021 at 2:35 PM, 52-80 said:

yeah

and the idea of doing high-engineered white glove modifications in a professional workshop is rad.  tinkerer's dream

Was just coming here to see if Papadakas had been mentioned. Just spent over an hour watching him tear down a 2020 Supra and build a 1,000 HP drift car with it. 

On 7/26/2021 at 2:50 AM, Sam Lin said:

Precision Transmission for how they explain and rebuild domestic automatic transmissions. Clearly have a ton of knowledge and experience, have really helped to "de-mystify" auto trans for me.

CHIEF Jr. is like Rainman on that old dude. Probably watches him 3-4 hours per week. Says that guy couldn't tell you which end of a cat the shit came out of, but holy fuck does he know about transmissions.

CHIEF

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...