Tim Beck Thread

OU Sucks

• 6 months later...
17 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Couldn't find the Fire Tim Beck thread, so I figured this one would suffice.

Shitty game plan. Shitty offensive line. Shitty play calling. Shitty preparedness. Shitty adjustments. Shitty play making by skill position players.

Everything was just shitty from the offense.

While I don't disagree I question how much of this Beck is responsible for and how much was Herman.

I'm not sure what Beck's role is on the team.  It's a mystery.  

He's a good recruiter and Sam has improved, so he must be a decent QB coach.  But it's clear Beck's not really the play caller anymore.  Everything goes through Herman.  Even against OU, Herman was very, very active on the headset.  Even if he wasn't "calling" every play, it sure looks like he was approving or vetting it, which is essentially the same thing. 

6 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I'm not sure what Beck's role is on the team.  It's a mystery.  

He's a good recruiter and Sam has improved, so he must be a decent QB coach.  But it's clear Beck's not really the play caller anymore.  Everything goes through Herman.  Even against OU, Herman was very, very active on the headset.  Even if he wasn't "calling" every play, it sure looks like he was approving or vetting it, which is essentially the same thing. 

Is it though?  This video shows what?  It doesn't show going from Tom to the field.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

It's the fact that this kind of thinking in a do or die situation starts at the top and then permeates down through the entire staff that I have no hope for Herman.

Herman has to start showing growth and maturation as a HC/leader. Tough and dumb is not getting it done. He's been the definition of insanity which ironically, he loves to quote.

• Like 2

Malcolm Roach has the courage and humility to address the media earlier in the week - BEFORE the coaches - and fight back tears as he admits he made a mistake that directly contributed to the loss. 

Then this meat headed, high six figure, forward-failing fucking coward limps out of his bunker a day later and flat-out refuses to take the tiniest shred of blame. 

No wonder there are quite a few transfer portal rumors floating around the program. These coaches are complete fucking frauds.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Malcolm Roach has the courage and humility to address the media earlier in the week - BEFORE the coaches - and fight back tears as he admits he made a mistake that directly contributed to the loss. 

Then this meat headed, high six figure, forward-failing fucking coward limps out of his bunker a day later and flat-out refuses to take the tiniest shred of blame. 

No wonder there are quite a few transfer portal rumors floating around the program. These coaches are complete fucking frauds.

We need to find out where the entrance to this transfer portal is and shove all the coaches in there.

Edited by Bevo14

Doesn't sound like he has spent any time examining his play calling, or role, in the lousy performance. I don't necessarily expect a coach to come out and commit hari kari at his press conference, but I do expect him to take some responsibility and acknowledge that he can learn from it.

This is the first time I've ever seen this guy, or heard him talk. 

Only two coaches I've heard talk now are Beck and Herman. I don't like either one.

3 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

He’s proud of this year’s offense? He’s proud of pissing away Sam’s junior year? 

Are the coaches under some kind of mandate to not show contrition? Or does this douchebag really feel this way?

It's the boilerplate statement of a coach who knows he'll be let go soon. At least that's how I read it.

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

It's the boilerplate statement of a coach who knows he'll be let go soon. At least that's how I read it.

Yeah, he likely can't say "I'm the best recruiter on this shitty staff, working for a lunatic who has no self awareness & the maturity of a 14 yr old."

5 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Remember when we thought " well we lit up the best defense we'll see all season....."

It should be noted that all our losses were against comparable or better defenses that LSU.  They weren't the best defense we have seen (Baylor and ISU.  OU and TCU are only like a few ranks behind LSU too.  

He’s proud of this year’s offense? He’s proud of pissing away Sam’s junior year? 

Are the coaches under some kind of mandate to not show contrition? Or does this douchebag really feel this way?
You hear this kind of stuff a lot from coaches on this staff. Proud of the work we put in. Proud of the effort. It seems like there's no stopping to question if we're working smart vs hard, like the effort justifies the job regardless of outcome.

"We put a lot of work into making a great game plan this week"...

Well, we scored 3 points when it really mattered, so all of that work was wasted and the game plan wasn't actually that great. Maybe next time do something different, instead of working harder on more of the same.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

You hear this kind of stuff a lot from coaches on this staff. Proud of the work we put in. Proud of the effort. It seems like there's no stopping to question if we're working smart vs hard, like the effort justifies the job regardless of outcome.

"We put a lot of work into making a great game plan this week"...

Well, we scored 3 points when it really mattered, so all of that work was wasted and the game plan wasn't actually that great. Maybe next time do something different, instead of working harder on more of the same.

Maybe they should be working smarter, not harder.