Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

8 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Awesome. Thanks man. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Jesus, fuck... KU... they are lucky they're elite at basketball. NOBODY is watching their games.

And Baylor... they are fucked. :D 

Yep, they need to be and not just for the moral reasons. They have zero business being in a major conference from a financial perspective, so being a shitty school should be the death sentence. It's not like they're some sort of great conference partner run by great people who you want to see succeed. They can try to put together a basketball conference (it's their best shot at continued relevance) somewhere. Baylor, Cincinnati, Houston is a good start. Kansas State has a decent but not great basketball past so there's your 4 anchor teams.

Baylor
Cincinnati
Houston
Kansas State
Wichita State

Try to peel Creighton from the Big East. It's a good start, but I don't think Baylor will be self-aware enough to do it. Heck, they could shoot big and try to get Butler from the Big East too, maybe Xavier to come be with Cincinnati. If they could get 8 to match the Big East's 8 then there you go. You know, until they merge into a 16-team basketball superconference.

5 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Excellent work here.

Also reinforces my theory that OSU will end up somewhere good.

We are good on the field in every sport and (most importantly) we draw a solid number of eyeballs in football, even when we aren't playing OU/Texas. 

This exercise definitely proved to me even more that Oklahoma State deserves a big boy home somewhere.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Excellent work here.

Also reinforces my theory that OSU will end up somewhere good.

We are good on the field in every sport and (most importantly) we draw a solid number of eyeballs in football, even when we aren't playing OU/Texas. 

It definitely reinforces that we deserve a P4 home, but logic and common sense don't really apply to realignment. We just don't have the attractiveness in realignment as that powerhouse Rutgers. Fucking. Rutgers. That alone makes me extraordinarily jaded about anything realignment.

Edited by 'stache

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It definitely reinforces that we deserve a P4 home, but logic and common sense don't really apply to realignment. We just don't have the attractiveness in realignment as that powerhouse Rutgers. Fucking. Rutgers. That alone makes me extraordinarily jaded about anything realignment.

I think a move to the PAC or B1G is definitely in the cards for Ok St. Academics aside, these conferences will be forced to make a move and Ok St is the most valuable asset available outside of Notre Dame. I truly think the B1G can and should add them to keep a footprint in the south. 

Brett McMurphy on 790 AM in Houston said the future is out of the remaining 8's hands.  All depends on what ACC, B$G and Pac do.  They just have to wait and see.

There are things other than pure TV ratings (although that's the biggest).  OSU being 4th behind 3 Pac schools in NCAA titles is a positive.  TCU being in DFW recruiting area and having 2 top 3 finishes and a Rose Bowl win in the last decade is a positive.  Tech's DFW alumni is a positive.  KU being a basketball blue blood is a positive.  KSU not being Baylor is a positive.

• Haha 2

Just now, bullet said:

Brett McMurphy on 790 AM in Houston said the future is out of the remaining 8's hands.  All depends on what ACC, B$G and Pac do.  They just have to wait and see.

There are things other than pure TV ratings (although that's the biggest).  OSU being 4th behind 3 Pac schools in NCAA titles is a positive.  TCU being in DFW recruiting area and having 2 top 3 finishes and a Rose Bowl win in the last decade is a positive.  Tech's DFW alumni is a positive.  KU being a basketball blue blood is a positive.  KSU not being Baylor is a positive.

It's funny because it's true. If we find out a decade from now that disassociating ourselves from Baylor was a primary motive for this move it would still be worth it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I think a move to the PAC or B1G is definitely in the cards for Ok St. Academics aside, these conferences will be forced to make a move and Ok St is the most valuable asset available outside of Notre Dame. I truly think the B1G can and should add them to keep a footprint in the south. 

I'd say Oklahoma St.'s chance to get in the Big 10 is about the same as BYU's chance, which is about the same as Appalachian St.'s chance.  KU, ISU and TCU are the only ones with even a measurable chance of getting into the Big 10.  I think the Big 10 does nothing for now.  They wait out the ACC GOR.

6 minutes ago, bullet said:

I'd say Oklahoma St.'s chance to get in the Big 10 is about the same as BYU's chance, which is about the same as Appalachian St.'s chance.  KU, ISU and TCU are the only ones with even a measurable chance of getting into the Big 10.  I think the Big 10 does nothing for now.  They wait out the ACC GOR.

Because the B1G is going to make any expansion decisions purely on academic profile, and not on what is literally driving everything else, which is eyeballs/viewership of football?

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Further to that, I'd take this list with a grain of salt, but still interesting to see how B12 schools rank compared to other P5's, and possible B12 targets:

I wonder if aggy numbers would change if they included Parler followers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He's protected his tweets but I'm still getting them and sometimes they're just so breathtakingly bad.

MHver3  @MHver3

44s

Same with sports and facilities. Including tv and streaming numbers

1Reply

Retweet

More options

MHver3  @MHver3

1m

A very comprehensive presentation has been put together extolling the academic virtues of WVU showing where we were, where we are, where we plan to be.

MHver3 @MHver3

ACC B1G and SEC have all had this info presented to them and from what I’m being told B1G was so impressed by the academic improvement that they have agreed to go next steps into information sharing.

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

He's protected his tweets but I'm still getting them and sometimes they're just so breathtakingly bad.

MHver3  @MHver3

44s

Same with sports and facilities. Including tv and streaming numbers

1Reply

Retweet

More options

MHver3  @MHver3

1m

A very comprehensive presentation has been put together extolling the academic virtues of WVU showing where we were, where we are, where we plan to be.

MHver3 @MHver3

ACC B1G and SEC have all had this info presented to them and from what I’m being told B1G was so impressed by the academic improvement that they have agreed to go next steps into information sharing.

So only need 1 more team to tell the big12 to fuckoff and the big12 dies right?

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It's funny because it's true. If we find out a decade from now that disassociating ourselves from Baylor was a primary motive for this move it would still be worth it.

Administering Baylor the death penalty the NCAA never did is almost sweeter than aggy misery.  Knowing the next 50 years of their shiny new football stadium is pretty much Rice Stadium circa today is beautiful.

• Hook 'Em 3

Did it include one of those graphs with an arrow showing they’re going upwards? Because that’s what really drives the point home
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Jesus, fuck... KU... they are lucky they're elite at basketball. NOBODY is watching their games.

‘Have you looked at that pile of crap out there? Have you taken a look at that?’ 

Charlie Weis' 'pile of crap' comment still the talk of Big 12 media days |  Tale of the Tait | KUsports.com Mobile

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Just to be clear I was reposting that from someone in the realignment thread.  I can’t remember who to give credit to, and I ain’t going back days to find the OP.

TTU is the smart play there.
Nah, it's WVU. They've got no allies and are the equivalent of a 250 lb peg legged chick with a hairlip at closing time, she's moving on the first drunk who looks anywhere near her direction.

Tech, ok state, ISU, etc see the value in going with a partner or two. They need to sell combined value, and hope to have some say at the bottom of the trough that they'll be happy to eat from.

Everyone hates Baylor so I can't believe they get a line on the tote board other than "first to threaten bullshit lawsuit."
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Might be more useful to look at the team ratings based on viewers added instead of expected

1. Texas - 1,135,761
2. Oklahoma - 960,788
3. Oklahoma St. - 422,741
4. Iowa St. - 40,522
5. Kansas St. - (188,004)
6. West Virginia - (224,770)
7. Texas Tech - (268,245)
8. TCU - (399,366)
9. Baylor - (584,901)
10. Kansas - (921,029)

So that's the number of viewers playing each team would expect to add to your viewership.

Baylor has a twice as big of a draw as Tech?  There's no fucking way.  Even with the shitty product we've had on the field.

KU in Oklahoma territory?  That's some mystery magic math, fo sho.

Edited by slorch

Take this with the grainiest of salts

59s

AAC had independently reached out to all remaining B12 members yesterday. This was not related to their individual effort.

1m

Texas Tech snitched

1m

ESPN tried to get B12 to dissolve to get TXOU out now. brokering WVU/OkSt to ACC, KU/ISU to B1G, and Baylor/KSU/TCU/TT to AAC

•  

Fuck ESPN.  

Then again, that's some chickens coming home to roost for Tech.  'member when you rolled in the hay with those motherfuckers so you could railroad Mike Leach?

I do.

Fuck it.  It will shake out like they want it to.

22 minutes ago, slorch said:

Baylor has a twice as big of a draw as Tech?  There's no fucking way.  Even with the shitty product we've had on the field.

KU in Oklahoma territory?  That's some mystery magic math, fo sho.

My good sir, the parentheses indicate negative figures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Take this with the grainiest of salts

59s

AAC had independently reached out to all remaining B12 members yesterday. This was not related to their individual effort.

1m

Texas Tech snitched

1m

ESPN tried to get B12 to dissolve to get TXOU out now. brokering WVU/OkSt to ACC, KU/ISU to B1G, and Baylor/KSU/TCU/TT to AAC

•  

C'mon, you know that has always been a 100% troll account of 100% made up crap.  Even Fitlump is more honest.

Tech probably has the least to lose snitching on a deal like this because their AD would go bankrupt on the AAC payout… They are the school that probably has the most overhead and inability to clear budget to see a massive move down. Especially all the way down to the rumored AAC.

It is probably in their best interest to ride the Big 12 deal to 2025 plus get the Texas/OU buyout $$ than to see the Big12 and their revenue streams disband in 2022 and see their budget fall off a cliff…

I don’t condone this bullshit, but it is easy to see Tech being the one least likely to accept their new lot in life.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I see Baylor as a more likely culprit, or perhaps Kansas State. Texas Tech still has a chance to be a part of the top level when everything is finished shaking out this decade. Baylor has no shot whatsoever.

But Baylor can come to grips with that. If ESPN was finding homes for teams, TT is in that dreaded NoMans land because ESPN doesn’t really have pull with Pac12, so there is limited options for them to land that is even close to being a top level spot right now…

TT being the snitch to me seems that most logical. Baylor may try to sabotage it later if they could find a better offer, but this signals to me the Pac12 said no to everyone 

Feldman and Mandel just got back from the PAC 12 Media Days, and they're convinced none of the Tagalong 8 won't get picked up by another major conference. 

Bowlsby probably got a wink from FOX to attempt to poach some AAC teams, and the public result was his bat shit crazy letter and interview with Chuck Carlton. 

I think the lawyers are going to take it from here, and UT/OU will have to pay a settlement. 

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Feldman and Mandel just got back from the PAC 12 Media Days, and they're convinced none of the Tagalong 8 won't get picked up by another major conference. 

So they're convinced all will get picked up by the P4's?

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Haha 1

Oh sic’em fans…

contrario said:
So UT and OU already know they will make a boatload of money in the SEC. The other 8 schools don't know where they stand in potential realignment talks with respect to what they could bring to another conference. This toothless order keeps those 8 from determining where they stand and could potentially set them back a little in the negotiations for a potential landing spot when the B12 dissolves. 
You could not be more wrong.

The Big 12 has "hard evidence" that the cows, OU and ESPN conspired to dissolve the Big 12 to their benefit. This is a lawyers dream. Somebody blew the whistle and it will cost ESPN and the cows a bunch of money. Much more than the $80 million they will owe trying to leave before 2025.

Today's developments are HUGE

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Baylor is gonna regret imploding Floyd Casey to move to the Toilet Bowl On The Brazos.

Baylor is deep in debt for that expensive ass toilet bowl with now no way to pay for it. They’re driving this crazy train since desperate times call for desperate measures.

4 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Because the B1G is going to make any expansion decisions purely on academic profile, and not on what is literally driving everything else, which is eyeballs/viewership of football?

Because you have to pass their academic bar or they don't even look at you.

And the 3 who pass their academic bar fail the revenue bar.  But some ACC schools may not.

29 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Bowlsby probably got a wink from FOX to attempt to poach some AAC teams, and the public result was his bat shit crazy letter and interview with Chuck Carlton. 

I think the lawyers are going to take it from here, and UT/OU will have to pay a settlement. 

None won't get picked up or none will get picked up?

More likely is you did a double negative.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Feldman and Mandel just got back from the PAC 12 Media Days, and they're convinced none of the Tagalong 8 won't  will get picked up by another major conference. 

Edited. 

• Like 1