Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

If the remaining teams don’t leave prior to the official UT/OU exit date, they’ll be on the hook for $78M each if they decide to leave, correct? I assume the count starts over once they’re down to 8 members.

Seems like they’d want to get their ass in gear so they can all exit at the same and avoid the penalty.

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Chuck Carlton Twitter on fire...

Hey Bob, remember how you defended the indefensible officiating and backed Walt Anderson after your shitty refs fucked us against Oklahoma State?

FUCK YOU! I hope you and your family eat out of dumpsters for the rest of your life, you unethical piece of shit. 

edit— Should have said “worthless, unethical piece of shit.”

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 8

Oh sic’em fans…
CTbruin In reply to contrario •  7:51p     
contrario said: So UT and OU already know they will make a boatload of money in the SEC. The other 8 schools don't know where they stand in potential realignment talks with respect to what they could bring to another conference. This toothless order keeps those 8 from determining where they stand and could potentially set them back a little in the negotiations for a potential landing spot when the B12 dissolves. 
You could not be more wrong.

The Big 12 has "hard evidence" that the cows, OU and ESPN conspired to dissolve the Big 12 to their benefit. This is a lawyers dream. Somebody blew the whistle and it will cost ESPN and the cows a bunch of money. Much more than the $80 million they will owe trying to leave before 2025.

Today's developments are HUGE  

So who’s the Q for BigXIIAnon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, dark54555 said:

The Big 12 has "hard evidence" that the cows, OU and ESPN conspired to dissolve the Big 12 to their benefit. This is a lawyers dream. Somebody blew the whistle and it will cost ESPN and the cows a bunch of money. Much more than the $80 million they will owe trying to leave before 2025.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Does Tech have an accounting program?

Kinda: The Rawls College of Business houses the first separately accredited School of Accounting in Texas and one of only about 40 such schools nationwide. The Accounting Program is also one of only 168 programs in the U.S. that is separately accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).

39 minutes ago, mdmost said:

That would actually be a lot of fun. Not sure about 19 teams in both football and basketball, though. 

Maybe Cincy talking with ACC?

34 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

18 members, plus Wichita State in hoops. That's a big ass pile of shit. There's no way ESPN could make the money work. 

10 full members but 11 football and 11 basketball members. So it would be 19 for both sports. 

So yes, the money and prestige will be worse, and probably affect other sports, but for football would Tech and other schools actually be better off if the superconference(s) formed now and the left behinds started their own playoffs?  Some of the rumors are that the one or two superconferences will when formed split off from the NCAA and have a separate playoff.  Ok, bummer at not being in the big boy 40 and their most prestigious playoffs.  But now Tech and the other IR8 go from almost zero chance of making a playoff to a good chance some/most years.  Probably 16 spots for less than 90 teams, and likely 16 for less than 50 with a real shot.

Ultimately would you rather be an almost always left out hanger on in the P4 just hoping to make the Piss Ant Bowl, or a major player in the next division that still is on TV every week and probably makes the playoffs at least every three years?  Would the AAC be so bad if several of their teams were in the G Leagues playoff every year, with every post-season game on TV?  ESPN would probably replace a lot (all?) of the bowls with playoffs if the artist formerly known as FBS was split into 2 divisions with 2 playoffs.  And probably 16 schools for the non-superconference division, because why not?

The 'Every game in the regular season should matter!' crowd may crap their Depends, but most of us would probably enjoy it.  2 sets of playoffs is better than 1 set and bowls.  And there's rumors that FBS might be split into 3 divisions and 3 playoffs.

How many schools in the lower divisions of Texas HS football wish there was only 1 set of playoffs for all of HS football?  

Edited by clapclapclap

2 hours ago, Satchel said:

Chuckle. It must really rankle Bowlsby to have been working with the Sec commissioner on a possible expansion of the playoff, and not know the guy was actively planning to steal the two remaining big dogs in his conference.

Bowlsby was most likely sitting in the corner jerking off. With tweezers. 

Edited by Tex Pete

4 hours ago, dark54555 said:

Sir, are you questioning the integrity and connectedness of the esteemed ctbruin from whatever-the-fuck-fans? How dare you!

5 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

How many schools in the lower divisions of Texas HS football wish there was only 1 set of playoffs for all of HS football?  

I don't disagree with your post, but college football as it currently sits, is not remotely equitable in comparison with how Texas High School Football determines its divisions, playoffs, or champion.

Nor do they desire to be equitable.  Tech being left out is bullshit when some of the other programs that are "in" are compared with them across the board.  Regardless of all the legal wrangling and whatnot, it sure appears to me that Tech is not going to have a decent landing place.  It's gonna fuck em on recruiting too, otherwise you'd think they'd be OK in hoops and baseball.  Tech fucked itself in football with the last decade.

My disdain for ESPN has turned to "Who gives a fuck...they do what they do."  My feelings towards Tech athletics is that a decision in late 2009 to ease some butthurt, is still paying dividends.  Massively negative ones.  Oh well...

Edited by slorch

In reading the Inside Red Raider 247 site to quickly catch-up on the non-slorch tech thinking, it’s pretty grim. 

a) they’re cheering on Bowlsby “suing” ESPN with this letter. 

b) they expect Fox and the Big 12 to file lawsuits against Texas, OU, the SEC and ESPN today in order to prevent UT and OU from realigning. 

c) they are perfectly fine losing ESPN as a bidder on all future media opportunities. 

d) they think Bowlsby has been UT’s lapdog the entire time. 

e) they’re insulted at the notion of an augmented AAC and believe that all of the Irate 8 should be doing nothing but rebuilding the conference or holding out for the other P5 conference invites. 

That’s from 2 threads. There’s a toxic level of stupid over there and you can only hang out for so long. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah,  I don’t see that ending well for the Pokes. 

Wtf is “or bust?” Pac 12 or they just disband from play football? 😂

You’ll be in the AAC and you’ll like it!

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In reading the Inside Red Raider 247 site to quickly catch-up on the non-slorch tech thinking, it’s pretty grim. 

b) they expect Fox and the Big 12 to file lawsuits against Texas, OU, the SEC and ESPN today in order to prevent UT and OU from realigning. 

c) they are perfectly fine losing ESPN as a bidder on all future media opportunities. 

e) they’re insulted at the notion of an augmented AAC and believe that all of the Irate 8 should be doing nothing but rebuilding the conference or holding out for the other P5 conference invites. 

That’s from 2 threads. There’s a toxic level of stupid over there and you can only hang out for so long. 

So they're pinning their hopes on UT's lapdog suing UT. Seems reasonable.

• Haha 2

I’ll paraphrase what Bobby is saying now:

”It’s not illegal to discuss hypotheticals.  It’s illegal to (now) enter into agreements.”

Bowlsby know he’s screwed, and if you’re part of the Tagalong 8, you have some dumbass leadership (and fans) if you’re falling for this and rooting it on. 

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Doing Gods work wading out there in the muck in lubbuck

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The posters over there are flat out retards.  That place changed after that dumbass who I think goes by pitbull bought it and ruined it.  What Tech fan would seriously want this?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I can’t blame the Big 12/Irate 8. Texas and OU paying a buy out is their last/only shot at a large windfall. 

The left behinds know they’re screwed. 

And then what?   You gonna quit football?   Good luck on your next deal with espn.  They’ll remember

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

RRS is not stating any of that. The 247 is where the Qarons congregate. $9.95 is where its at. 

FWIW, My hunch is the 8 will make a business decision to stay together for the duration of the existing GOR. Which the Big 12 owns and the mouse may not like seeing the books cracked open and a trip to the highest court. I know the SEC wont want that. Also, I do not think Oklahoma has 80 million to pay their penalty. Guessing your new daddies will have to pay it, while they are pushing your shit in on National TV at DKR.

OR, the 8 will do something stupid and collapse with pennies. Maybe so. 

• Fuck You 7

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

What’s the point of this? If they stop Texas and OU leaving now they can still leave after 2025. They really think Texas and OU will play good conference mates until then after all this shit?

Right.  It’s like any sort of divorce.   Right now irate 8/jilted lover is trying to ruin the cheaters life and make things as difficult as possible.  Hopefully they’ll realize there’s nothing to gain and then go after the most realistic deal

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Right.  It’s like any sort of divorce.   Right now irate 8/jilted lover is trying to ruin the cheaters life and make things as difficult as possible.  Hopefully they’ll realize there’s nothing to gain and then go after the most realistic deal

Texas and OU do not own their Tier 1 rights. The Big 12 Conference owns it until 2025. 

Fuck, how are you this gotdamn dumb? I thought Texas academics was superior.

The 8 stay together, they will get the Tier 1 money from Texas and OU. No matter where they play plus penalty.

This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass. 

Arthur Digby Sellars, wrote the bulk of the series dude

• Fuck You 8

1 minute ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Texas and OU do not own their Tier 1 rights. The Big 12 Conference owns it until 2025. 

The 8 stay together, they will get the Tier 1 money from Texas and OU. No matter where they play plus penalty.

If you think TX/OU will be paying the full GOR until 2025, then obviously you’re not a golfer (contract attorney) 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

RRS is not stating any of that. The 247 is where the Qarons congregate. $9.95 is where its at. 

FWIW, My hunch is the 8 will make a business decision to stay together for the duration of the existing GOR. Which the Big 12 owns and the mouse may not like seeing the books cracked open and a trip to the highest court. I know the SEC wont want that. Also, I do not think Oklahoma has 80 million to pay their penalty. Guessing your new daddies will have to pay it, while they are pushing your shit in on National TV at DKR.

OR, the 8 will do something stupid and collapse with pennies. Maybe so. 

3 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Your butthurt is adorable.

10 hours ago, Satchel said:

Chuckle. It must really rankle Bowlsby to have been working with the Sec commissioner on a possible expansion of the playoff, and not know the guy was actively planning to steal the two remaining big dogs in his conference.

Well, he got what he wanted there - just not how he expected it

21 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

You ever hear of sovereign immunity?  Mike Leach has.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Have fun in the MWC!!!  You're willing to mortgage your future over 20 mil?  I know that's a lot of money in Lubbock but you still want to play football after we leave right?  Some of the 8, maybe not you as I guess you're not viewed as "desirable" are already looking around.  Bowlsby is trying to save his job and you and the freeloading 8 are the jilted ex wife.  Now, go bother your future conference mates.  I think the USF board is east of here.  I look forward to watchin you guys on Raycom at 4 am.

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Your butthurt is adorable.

Enlighten me. Please. How is this not a lawyers dream? The mouse, the Klan Konference, the Thief, and THE Cow. 

Big 12 owns the Tier 1 rights until 2025. If the mouse doesn’t pay they are going to end up in US district court at the very least. 

• Fuck You 7
  • Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

And then what?   You gonna quit football?   Good luck on your next deal with espn.  They’ll remember

Yeah not sure Bowlsby endgame is or if even has one. 

Rational Bowlsby : He has a wink from Fox to add schools and try to dissolve the conference’s relationship with ESPN. 

Crazy divorcee Bowlsby: He wants to burn it down to get the best possible buyout for himself and the Irate 8. 

13 hours ago, bullet said:

Because you have to pass their academic bar or they don't even look at you.

And the 3 who pass their academic bar fail the revenue bar.  But some ACC schools may not.

Right. That's been their stance in the past. And it will be their stance until it's not. 

Football brands and viewers those brands bring to the table is the driving factor in all of this. You may see those standards loosen up if they want to create a league that can rival the SEC in total football brands/viewers.

I'm not predicting they will change their standards. I'm just saying it's silly to think that they wouldn't find a way to justify adding "non-elite" academic schools if it increases the value of their potential broadcast deals in the Worldwide Prestige world of CFB we are entering.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Oklahoma State believes they are Pac12 or bust:

So... you know... we all have our "sources." I have one myself whom I trust very much and I think this statement is not true at all.

• Like 2