Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

Saw this posted on the CD forum....

DALLAS — The conclusion of the economic analysis gets straight to the point.

"If UT and OU leave the Big 12 Conference, hundreds of millions of dollars in gross product and thousands of jobs would be lost due to effects on Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech."
It's the conclusion of mathematician and economist Dr. Ray Perryman, of The Perryman Group in Waco, who issued his analysis this week of the potential economic consequences of the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma leaving the Big 12 for the SEC. 

Using his widely-accepted models for the multiplying effect of major economic decisions, he predicts that if OU and Texas leave the Big 12 and that the rest of that conference stays intact, that the Big 12 could stand to lose as much as $938.9 million and more than 12,600 jobs.
In a second economic scenario, assuming the Big 12 were to dissolve and its members university sports programs leave for other conferences, he predicts the Big 12 schools could lose up to $1.3 billion and more than 18,000 jobs…

https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/...c-d5b090c0424a

What's the price of a vast rape cover-up cost these days, eh Dr. Perryman?  Assuming y'all can postpone burning in hell to cover the note first...

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Would love to hear what our T8 friends are hearing about their universities.  I think all of the Iowa State fans got really mad and stopped posting here.  Seems like Okie state fans are still around, which I think most UT folks would agree we’ve always liked Okie State.  Tech folks? Kansas?

Don’t give 2 shits about Baylor or TCU so yall can fuck off. 

Everything I’m hearing from my inside sources is that the OSU administration is being extremely proactive in finding a spot in one of the remaining P4 conferences. The prevailing sentiment is that OSU is a desirable add for any of the conferences to get to 16-20, but the question is what moves have to take place first (Norte Dame, etc.) for dominos to start to fall and the B1G or ACC or PAC to start extending invites.

• Hook 'Em 6

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

I still don't understand the logic that somehow not being a shitty football program in a shitty conference is going to somehow make the university disappear (same goes for OSU).

Texas Tech is still going to be able to pull reasonable talent as a G5 program to be a big fish in a small pond.  It's still a state school with a 36k student enrollment that serves basically all of West Texas.

Tech will survive.   We don't have to play them.  They aren't our rival. 

I thought Tech’s enrollment was over 40k? They’re bigger than anything in Oklahoma. Hell, Tech even has more money than broke ass OU, UT’s new titty baby.

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Saw this posted on the CD forum....

DALLAS — The conclusion of the economic analysis gets straight to the point.

"If UT and OU leave the Big 12 Conference, hundreds of millions of dollars in gross product and thousands of jobs would be lost due to effects on Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech."
It's the conclusion of mathematician and economist Dr. Ray Perryman, of The Perryman Group in Waco, who issued his analysis this week of the potential economic consequences of the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma leaving the Big 12 for the SEC. 

Using his widely-accepted models for the multiplying effect of major economic decisions, he predicts that if OU and Texas leave the Big 12 and that the rest of that conference stays intact, that the Big 12 could stand to lose as much as $938.9 million and more than 12,600 jobs.
In a second economic scenario, assuming the Big 12 were to dissolve and its members university sports programs leave for other conferences, he predicts the Big 12 schools could lose up to $1.3 billion and more than 18,000 jobs…

https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/...c-d5b090c0424a

Did this suckass do a study to see how much money and jobs UT joining the SEC would CREATE? Huh, suckass?

12 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I thought Tech’s enrollment was over 40k? They’re bigger than anything in Oklahoma. Hell, Tech even has more money than broke ass OU, UT’s new titty baby.

Total enrollment don’t make a shit. All that matters (apparently) is how many eyeballs you can get to watch your footballs.

14 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Total enrollment don’t make a shit. All that matters (apparently) is how many eyeballs you can get to watch your footballs.

Large enrollment = lots of alumni = who have kids/family that become fans by association and start watching.  I know a ton a people who’s kids couldn’t get into Texas, so they go to aggy and then their family (who previously were Texas fans) becomes aggy fans. Same reason the NFL let’s Victoria Secret use its team’s trademark at a ridiculously low price, or the MLB allows kids to use their team names in little league, future fans matter.  If it’s close total enrollment will matter.

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

Large enrollment = lots of alumni = who have kids/family that become fans by association and start watching.  I know a ton a people who’s kids couldn’t get into Texas, so they go to aggy and then their family (who previously were Texas fans) becomes aggy fans. Same reason the NFL let’s Victoria Secret use its team’s trademark at a ridiculously low price, or the MLB allows kids to use their team names in little league, future fans matter.  If it’s close total enrollment will matter.

I don’t know, around here its always been Texas.

I knew a lady who’s kid was on the aggy baseball team and still hung a longhorn flag outside after big wins.

Many, many SEC fans stay in Austin and drive down to Aggy games. Austin doesn’t really need it, but there will be a nice little boom in the hospitality industry with the SEC move. 

People in this state grow up rooting for Texas or Aggy. The other schools are just where they end up attending college. 

6 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I don’t know, around here its always been Texas.

I knew a lady who’s kid was on the aggy baseball team and still hung a longhorn flag outside after big wins.

Sounds like a front runner who raised a stupid kid...

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Many, many SEC fans stay in Austin and drive down to Aggy games. Austin doesn’t really need it, but there will be a nice little boom in the hospitality industry with the SEC move. 

People in this state grow up rooting for Texas or Aggy. The other schools are just where they end up attending college. 

False.  Hated both, once I learned who they were.  Nothing as an adult has remotely moved that sentiment to the positive.

Texas is more honest about who they are.  I'll give em that.

Not sure how passive it is.  LOL.  I do have Horns friends in real life and they are well aware of it.  They get it.

The aggy friends and family are the ones in disbelief at how their lil ole skool ain't so beloved by all.

10 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Did this suckass do a study to see how much money and jobs UT joining the SEC would CREATE? Huh, suckass?

No.  Thats not the side of the coin they are interested in.  They are counting on people reading the headlines and  taking it as the gospel truth.  Thats the world we live in today.   

1 hour ago, slorch said:

False.  Hated both, once I learned who they were.  Nothing as an adult has remotely moved that sentiment to the positive.

Texas is more honest about who they are.  I'll give em that.

Interesting.  And who are we and what did we do that you (your administration) would not have done?  Really curious.

16 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

Interesting.  And who are we and what did we do that you (your administration) would not have done?  Really curious.

Username checks out...

UT has every advantage possible, especially with regard to financial assets of the state of Texas, while they act as if it is all earned in Austin.  Then there are the frontrunning t-shirt fans, especially the hangers-on who never even set foot on the 40 Acres( biggest shit talkers) Those guys probably bother y'all too, to be fair.  Then there is the very notion to which I initially replied, "Everyone wishes they were us.  They just can't be us."  Yeah, not so much...  then there is the always popular "Everyone else is cheaters except us.  We do it right."  Pure bullshit.  Too much is at stake.  Too much money is at hand.  Nobody is pure in the bigtime sports.

That's not to say I don't have good friends/ coworkers who are Horns or even Aggies.  It's just two very different realms of mentality in dealing with either fanbase.  Obviously I've participated in this online community for 13 years, plus.  I don't hate UT.  I don't wish I went there though, either.

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

Username checks out...

UT has every advantage possible, especially with regard to financial assets of the state of Texas, while they act as if it is all earned in Austin.  Then there are the frontrunning t-shirt fans, especially the hangers-on who never even set foot on the 40 Acres( biggest shit talkers) Those guys probably bother y'all too, to be fair.  Then there is the very notion to which I initially replied, "Everyone wishes they were us.  They just can't be us."  Yeah, not so much...  then there is the always popular "Everyone else is cheaters except us.  We do it right."  Pure bullshit.  Too much is at stake.  Too much money is at hand.  Nobody is pure in the bigtime sports.

That's not to say I don't have good friends/ coworkers who are Horns or even Aggies.  It's just two very different realms of mentality in dealing with either fanbase.  Obviously I've participated in this online community for 13 years, plus.  I don't hate UT.  I don't wish I went there though, either.

So, I dont see things your way.  Hence the "user name checks out" reply.  Alrighty then!  I am truly sorry that UT has advantages that others may have.  So this really has nothing to do with The University.  I would love to see your research of other schools around the country to see who has advantages and who doesnt.  Or better yet, does your school have advantages they are not realizing?  

I am one of those t-shirt fans you despise so much.  What you and those baylor idiots have never realized is that us t-shirt fans go to games, buy "t-shirts" and support the University.  TV contracts couldnt care less if I went to UT or not.  That being said, at 70 I have been a t-shirt fan for around 55-60 years now.  At least by now I should be a "glorified" t-shirt fan.  My wife is from Oklahoma and she has relatives that have been OU season ticket holders for decades.  Not a one has ever set foot in a ou classroom.  It is amazing how many fans they have that have never attended. 

Best of luck to you guys and hope you do well where ever you land.  Unless you are baylor.  Fuck baylor.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

It's not about their university disappearing. It's about the fact that UT actually cares about the State of Texas and tries to do things to help it. Things like a medical branch in Houston.

Meanwhile small thinking dipshits like A&M and UH block us and everyone else at every turn because they only care about their piddly institutions. Which is exactly why they're piddly institutions.

Texas Tech needs visibility. The unfortunate reality is that the #3 public university in Texas is out in Lubbock.

I appreciate your point of view,  and agree with a lot of it.   I just don't see UT making the effort to bolster Tech via athletics.  It may hinge on an 8 or 9 game schedule.   8, and maybe we could commit to a home and home with Tech.  9, with needing 2/3 to be home games, definitely not.  Otherwise,  there's not enough money, exposure,  or recruiting impact in Lubbock to make it worth while,  right or wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ray Perryman. He’s done a great job of branding himself as “the state’s leading economist.” What he hasn’t done is….be a good economist.

Quite a few years ago, an opposing party hired him as their big-name expert. I’ve never destroyed an “expert” on cross as easily as I did Perryman. And the fun part was using his own previous work against him (he’s a publicity whore, so it’s all out there). His analysis here is utterly one-sided. He isn’t opining about net jobs in Texas. He’s only looking at the loss side of the ledger. Which is what he does: offer utterly incomplete and thus false analyses.

And the AAS ran an article with his “study” today. Somebody in the know here should contact that reporter to give a rebuttal.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ray Perryman. He’s done a great job of branding himself as “the state’s leading economist.” What he hasn’t done is….be a good economist.

Quite a few years ago, an opposing party hired him as their big-name expert. I’ve never destroyed an “expert” on cross as easily as I did Perryman. And the fun part was using his own previous work against him (he’s a publicity whore, so it’s all out there). His analysis here is utterly one-sided. He isn’t opining about net jobs in Texas. He’s only looking at the loss side of the ledger. Which is what he does: offer utterly incomplete and thus false analyses.

Perryman has been excluded as an "expert" in many court proceedings.  One-sided analysis is what he specializes in.  Bastiat summarized it well with the phrase "that which is seen and that which is unseen": https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/frederic-bastiat.asp

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

I understand that totally, but my point is that they have metrics on viewership. If the big enrollment doesn’t actually translate to big football viewers then it doesn’t really matter. 

Doesn’t the University of Houston have like 50k enrollment? Nobody is talking about them joining the SEC because that huge enrollment doesn’t actually translate to eyeballs on their football. I know that’s kind of an extreme example because they are largely a commuter school, but still that’s the point. The powers that be know how many eyeballs each program brings to their football broadcasts…. That’s all that seems to matter.

19 hours ago, Pancho said:

Would love to hear what our T8 friends are hearing about their universities.  I think all of the Iowa State fans got really mad and stopped posting here.  Seems like Okie state fans are still around, which I think most UT folks would agree we’ve always liked Okie State.  Tech folks? Kansas?

Don’t give 2 shits about Baylor or TCU so yall can fuck off. 

Poke checking in.  No definitive news, though some random stuff I’ve read on like Reddit seems to have the PAC possibility waning…then again, it’s a little early in this process.  

I’m actually in a wait-and-see mode.  I really enjoyed that we’ve been competitive with Texas the last decade, but have accepted another 2011-type season is probably not in the cards again since we can’t ever seem to beat OU.  Living in Austin means I’ll miss playing y’all every year and I generally feel like us ‘osu people who have a world view that extends beyond Oklahoma’ are congruent with UT (not just because we both hate ou) and not just here…

Ideally I think we’d be competitive in another conference playing football, assuming recruiting and finances don’t nosedive with a move…especially if OU isn’t a conference game.   

Other sports I actually see us doing very well.  Basketball has been moving back up, baseball has a long tradition of success, golf we are perennial contenders…but these don’t get eyeballs on tv (which sucks, CWS is the best playoff format IMO).  

Overall I’m excited for a change, provided it doesn’t neuter recruiting or funding.   I have zero input into these things, and with 2 young kids + a career + a wife who never fucking stops asking me to buy/sell/fix/call/do things…I’ve got enough to worry about without adding this shit.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m sure this has already been mentioned but in conversations with my Tech relatives they always say, “We should have added those teams in 2016 and expanded and this shit wouldn’t be happening now.” Looking back on the probable/inevitable demise of the Big 12, there was a time when I wanted to keep adding teams and expanding. Can’t have ten teams and call ourselves the Big 12. I realize that would have also meant more than likely fewer millions to the IR8. Had we more mouths to feed and unless we somehow added ND the teams we would have added would have brought more competition and more eyes BUT not the level of a contract the B1G and SEC commanded. Just fewer millions spread out. The IR8 got more by keeping it with just ten, jmo. But none of this matters because we are the Voldemort of the football universe. 

I have an ISU friend and was able to text a bit today and (their leadership along with Kansas has been the most quiet of the 8 ) he said that there were some rumblings heating up today about B1G again but he doesn’t want to get his hopes up. I get it. 

ISU has the most reason to be salty. They improved their football program in the last 4-5 years. AAU accreditation like us in 2017 and Kansas. Improved facilities and coaching across the sports etc…while I would sure like to win the last B12 trophy in football, if we cannot, I hope ISU gets it.

Sorry to my tech relatives. I also wouldn’t sleep on KSU or TCU this year conference wise. Last year was a fluke Covid year and injury year for KSU whereas the previous year they were 8-5. Plus, every school will be out for our heads. Gonna be one chippy fucking season. 

JMO as always. 

76AD0C95-D8F5-412B-BE45-8F68F24B8089.gif

KSU has fallen off precipitously. I am not worried in the least about them. Until we find a coach that will stop stepping on his dick against TCU, there will always be reason to worry in that game. We have handed them their last two or three wins due to coaching dumbfuckery, even though their talent has dropped off as well.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Well he went to Baylor. Manipulation, twisting, and concealment of material fact is kind of their thing. I for one am loving watching the rug get pulled out from Baylor 100X more than any other school involved. Those little shits in the lege and their judges are like a special interest group in the world of college sports trying to force their way into the conversation. 

i genuinely feel bad for Tech, OSU, KU, and ISU. All four are great schools with a lot to offer any P5/P4 conference. TCU to a much lesser extent, but they may sneak into one due to their location. KSU is a lost cause, But Baylor... Baylor has absolutely no hope of a P4, yet they will try and manipulate and legislate their way into one unsuccessfully. It will be glorious to watch them become a basketball school while their new shiny stadium is tarped off and sits 50% empty. And then, When we decide to throw them a bone in 10 years and schedule them, people will complain about them being a cupcake game. And in that cupcake game if we dont beat them into the ground by 50+ I will start a fire ______ thread on principle. Get fucked Baylor, you insignificant speck on the taint of college athletics.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So SWC 2.0 with a fully regional Texas-based conference. 

Yeah it's pretty clear that Texas Monthly doesn't understand the economics of college football. If it didn't work when both Texas and A&M were in the conference drawing eyeballs, how would it work without them?

On 7/30/2021 at 1:10 PM, Uncle Nate said:

Well said.

I think what ESPN and the SEC and others don't really realize are the numbers behind the numbers.  I think fans of "Tier 2" schools watch their conference mates play in other games because there is a related, vested interest in how those games turnout, or in how one conference is matching up with another.

If we are relegated to a 32 team super conference/premier league and then all of the rest, there are going to be a lot of viewers who used to watch those tier 1 matchups who no longer are interested because there is no longer any connection to their team and/or region.  I don't think that manifests right away, but over a few short years it could be.  And then ESPN is going to wonder why these matchups aren't pulling in the viewership like they used to.  CFB doesn't work like the NFL, it just doesn't.  So making an NFL junior will not ultimately work.

One this is for certain:  It's going to be interesting to watch it play out.

On ESPNU they were talking about a relegation between the top league and 2nd/3rd tier based on performance so that the lower tiers had hopes of getting into the Premier League like in English soccer.

Given that the average college football fan is 50 and has never watched a full soccer game, I think relegation year by year has about as much chance as Alabama dropping football.  But that is the way some people talk about getting around the problem of fans of certain schools tuning out.

21 hours ago, Js1 said:

I still don't understand the logic that somehow not being a shitty football program in a shitty conference is going to somehow make the university disappear (same goes for OSU).

Texas Tech is still going to be able to pull reasonable talent as a G5 program to be a big fish in a small pond.  It's still a state school with a 36k student enrollment that serves basically all of West Texas.

Tech will survive.   We don't have to play them.  They aren't our rival. 

Well you can look at the number of Texas HS students who go to OU, Arkansas, LSU, Alabama or Ole Miss instead of Texas Tech, Houston or UT-Dallas.  With a son who just finished his freshman year, I can assure you that UH and UTD are FAR harder to get into than any of those out of state schools, but a lot of people won't even look at them.  UTD is probably tougher to get into than any SEC school other than Vanderbilt and maybe Georgia (the Hope Scholarship paying for tuition for Georgia residents has made UGA ridiculously difficult to get into).

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Not that my opinion really matters or will change anything, but as a Tech fan, the only G5 scenario that stands out as decidedly worse than any other is this. 

Not only is the concept (an all Texas league) a proven failure, but save for maybe UNT, I hate the fans of all these schools and want to get as far away from all of them as possible. 

Edited by Dirk X West
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Tech has a significant Tshirt fan base in West Texas. Houston used to have one in Houston, but don't think they do anymore among younger people.

I hate the "t shirt fan" dig. Obnoxious asshole fans are just as likely to be alums or to have grown up in Timbuktu. Hell, I know a colleague who is a diehard ou fan simply because he grew up in South Dakota and they were the only team they could get OTA 30+ years ago when he was a teenager. He busts my TexasEx balls (far too frequently lately), but I don't give a shit that he's never been within 500 miles of Norman.

Tech has plenty of t shirt fans. Good for them. Sell merchandise & grow your brand. Just stop sucking off of the Texas teet & see what your real value is. If the PAC adds you and you get $40mm a year, that's awesome. Much respect & do Lubbock proud. If you end up in some re-branded B12 for $10mm a year, well...make the best of it.

The "issue" with "t-shirt fans" for people has always simply baffled me. Why the fuck am I supposed to care about whether or not a fan of a school graduated from that school? Why does that matter? If someone wants to cheer for a given school because they like their colors, their brand, their city, they graduated from there, their friends' daughter goes there, whatever. Why is any of that wrong?

I was raised by people who didn't finish college. My earliest memory of watching a CFB game with my dad was the Cotton Bowl between Texas and UGA. Seeing him lose his shit and damned near cry over what happened was deeply impactful. The guy couldn't even get out of his chair to eat dinner that night he was so upset. I was hooked. I cheered for Texas from that day forward and it was fucking entrenched.

I ended up going to UT and getting my degree from there, but not a fucking thing has changed regarding how I think about the athletics programs from childhood to now. The degree changed none of it. Who the fuck is anyone else to tell someone who they can cheer for or how to cheer? I've seen the "good fan" and "you're a bad fan for not doing x, y, and z like me" tropes thrown out on the boards since finding the GoBig12 boards in 1997 while in college. I've eaten idiots alive on the boards for doing so for just about as long. The "t-shirt fan" logic fits right into that bullshit. There is no substance to the position that people who cheer for a school should only be people who graduated from that school. None. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Yes, it's awful people unaffiliated with the University of Texas might want to cheer for the flagship university of the state they live in. I've always seen the t-shirt fan knock to be one from people who attended schools where they either wish they had more t-shirt fans or fans from a school full of morons who get off on the exclusivity of their fandom. Most reasonable people would find their traditions and stipulations for total submission to the cult to be a bit much. When you discuss your school in terms such as "from the outside looking in, you can understand it", that should give you a clue that people aren't exactly clamouring to be a part of your little club of weirdos. 

• Like 2

I don't really have an issue with t-shirt fans in that it's obvious you need them to grow your brand and that's what everyone is trying to do. I start to get annoyed when they move past sports and talk shit about the school I graduated from and refer to it as a community college or some other bullshit ignorant dig. This is what I grew up with in Oklahoma where everyone is a POS Sooner fan and many of them never stepped foot in a classroom.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Armybrat said:

And the AAS ran an article with his “study” today. Somebody in the know here should contact that reporter to give a rebuttal.

And that person should obviously be @Brisketexan because he has done it before.

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

If you add UTEP, UTSA, UTA, Texas State, Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, and Abilene Christian....that's a 14 school conference. 

4 hours ago, bullet said:

Well you can look at the number of Texas HS students who go to OU, Arkansas, LSU, Alabama or Ole Miss instead of Texas Tech, Houston or UT-Dallas.  With a son who just finished his freshman year, I can assure you that UH and UTD are FAR harder to get into than any of those out of state schools, but a lot of people won't even look at them.  UTD is probably tougher to get into than any SEC school other than Vanderbilt and maybe Georgia (the Hope Scholarship paying for tuition for Georgia residents has made UGA ridiculously difficult to get into).

Este. Apparently UH has become more selective than aggy, but that's not saying much. But UH is not an easy school by any means and they deserve a better academic reputation. Same goes for UTD and I would even venture as far as to throw UTA in that group if we're talking about academics.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

And that person should obviously be @Brisketexan because he has done it before.

If you add UTEP, UTSA, UTA, Texas State, Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, and Abilene Christian....that's a 14 school conference. 

Este. Apparently UH has become more selective than aggy, but that's not saying much. But UH is not an easy school by any means and they deserve a better academic reputation. Same goes for UTD and I would even venture as far as to throw UTA in that group if we're talking about academics.

We live in Georgia.  My son applied to Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia Southern, UTA and Houston.  He didn't even try UT or UGA.  He got accepted by all but Houston.  UTA offered him a small scholarship and in-state tuition.  Auburn was the only one he sweated at all.  Alabama-"if you sneeze on the application you get in there."  The schools west of Alabama in the SEC are easier to get into than Alabama (aggy excepted).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bullet said:

We live in Georgia.  My son applied to Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia Southern, UTA and Houston.  He didn't even try UT or UGA.  He got accepted by all but Houston.  UTA offered him a small scholarship and in-state tuition.  Auburn was the only one he sweated at all.  Alabama-"if you sneeze on the application you get in there."  The schools west of Alabama in the SEC are easier to get into than Alabama (aggy excepted).

Sweat Auburn? Sweat Auburn over Bama? Gosh times have certainly changed. Some of the dumbest people I have ever met were Auburn grads. Nice that UTA offered your son some real perks. Where is he heading?

13 minutes ago, bullet said:

Yeah, right there with you.  Texas '92, We live in Fairhope, AL.   Soon to be Senior daughter is looking at Bama, Auburn,Texas of course (but wont get in unfortunately, though ive tried to warn her), Ole Miss and TCU.  I told her Texas is too damn competitive for oos.  Auburn is her first choice.

Edited by jdhorn92