The White House Plumbers- Woody Harrelson, Lena Heady, Judy Greer, Justin Thoreaux- HBO Max

shadow_operative

On 5/17/2023 at 7:33 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Big Lena Headey fan. It broke my heart when they cut her hair on GOT. It’s truly staggering Septa Unella is a much bigger star than Cersei. 

Really weird marriage. What did Dorothy Hunt ever see in Howard? She’s smart, worldly, and it in good standing at the CIA. Howard is an oaf, bigoted, and a DC outcast. She could have stepped in at any time and saved her husband from himself, but instead she’s making sandwiches for the Cubans. 

and she's married to one of the watergate cops (actor in the show) in real life.

On 5/19/2023 at 10:51 AM, bullzak said:

Morons. And the best part is Nixon was never ever in danger of losing that election.

well there's a part in all the president's men when they realize the ratfucking had been going on for over a year.

Bob Woodward: Segretti crisscrossed the country, at least a dozen times. And always stayed in cities where there were Democratic primaries.

Carl Bernstein: So if the break-in was just one incident in a campaign of sabotage that began a whole year before Watergate...

Bob Woodward: Then for the first time the break-in makes sense.

Carl Bernstein: This isn't so crazy. This whole thing didn't start with the bugging of the headquarters.

Bob Woodward: Segretti was doing this a year before the bugging.

Carl Bernstein: And a year before, Nixon wasn't slaughtering Muskie, he was running behind Muskie, before Muskie self-destructed.

Bob Woodward: *If* he self-destructed!

i always liked that part of the movie, because up until then, even higher-ups at the post were like, "i don't believe this story, why would he do it?" 

according to deep throat (in the movie):

also, not sure if i was the only one who noticed, but in this most recent episode, they used redford's audio track from all the president's men as woodward calling hunt.  it's lifted directly from the film.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

i always liked that part of the movie, because up until then, even higher-ups at the post were like, "i don't believe this story, why would he do it?" 
also, not sure if i was the only one who noticed, but in this most recent episode, they used redford's audio track from all the president's men as woodward calling hunt.  it's lifted directly from the film.

ATPM is one of my all-time favorite movies. I recognized Redford’s voice immediately.

ATPM is one of my all-time favorite movies. I recognized Redford’s voice immediately.

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Not sure if there really was a journalist on her flight that she was talking to, but her hand bag was found to have over $10,000 in it after the crash.

Among the passengers killed were Illinois congressman George W. Collins, CBS News correspondent Michele Clark

Some thoughts a day later: 

- If Hunt had just rolled after the aborted dinner at Liddy’s, he’s $500k richer, a free man, and his wife is probably still alive. He ruined his family for Richard Nixon.

- Woody stuck the landing. He’s a fully sympathetic figure by the end of the series. A man crippled with guilt of poor decisions.