Facebook was hacked. Like thoroughly hacked.

So it looks like someone hacked my facebook at 2am last night. Changed password, email, phone number. None of my friends or my wife can find my profile. None of my coworkers who weren't friends with me can find me. Possibly just deleted the account or changed every aspect of it and scrubbed me entirely from it. 

The facebook help center just runs me around in circles when i try to put my info in to their "hacked account" section. They don't have chat or phone CS so....

am I just fucked? Anyone have this happen before and be able to fix it? 

Maybe helpful response...

Your only recourse is to contact Facebook. They keep all of your shit backed up so if/when you regain your FB identity, they should be able to post all your pics and likes and stories.

Keep in mind FB has billions of customers, most of whom are computer illiterate as fuck. I'm sure you'll be a in a long ass queue beyond all the other senile motherfuckers who forgot their password and who are complaining about people who do not like their racist and bullshit comments.

Good luck.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Maybe helpful response...

Your only recourse is to contact Facebook. They keep all of your shit backed up so if/when you regain your FB identity, they should be able to post all your pics and likes and stories.

Keep in mind FB has billions of customers, most of whom are computer illiterate as fuck. I'm sure you'll be a in a long ass queue beyond all the other senile motherfuckers who forgot their password and who are complaining about people who do not like their racist and bullshit comments.

Good luck.

The problem is that they don't really have any way of contacting them. 

• Like 1

you're not going to get a 24/7 help desk. they don't care about keeping you up and running, they already have most of what they want from you. so very doubtful you are going to be able to talk to anyone on the phone. it'll all be through email or chat.

Edited by crash_davis

51 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Yeah I spent all morning on there. It just runs you around in circles. 

https://www.facebook.com/hacked

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=what+to+do+if+facebook+acct+is+hacked

Did you see the first link ?    Let google be your friend (link 2)

Edit:   If you have not,  be good to change all other passwords,  do AV scan, closely monitor all accts, etc.

Edited by torre

Yeah that link just has you search for your account by email or phone number, then takes you to a prompt to enter your old password. Half the time it would tell me that password was incorrect, and half the time it would just route me back to the account search prompt. 

• Like 1

Keep in mind FB has billions of customers,

I'm sure you'll be a in a long ass queue

30+ days ago, I got FB zapped for some image from 25 Sept. 20. Can't see what it was; they said something about "Suicide or self injury".

I hit the "please review" thing (because they don't have anything available for "Are you a fucking moron?").

Today I get this 2nd notice about "disabled".6893ed74cbff7685750a90c5dab2adae.jpg06033574bd04b6c32e52bd5b86e7e4be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

30+ days ago, I got FB zapped for some image from 25 Sept. 20. Can't see what it was; they said something about "Suicide or self injury".

I hit the "please review" thing (because they don't have anything available for "Are you a fucking moron?").

Today I get this 2nd notice about "disabled".6893ed74cbff7685750a90c5dab2adae.jpg06033574bd04b6c32e52bd5b86e7e4be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I got dinged for posting the stick-figure guy stabbing himself in the eye as a sarcastic response. The photo was flagged and removed and then I was given information on reaching out if I was suicidal. Total clown show.

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I got dinged for posting the stick-figure guy stabbing himself in the eye as a sarcastic response. The photo was flagged and removed and then I was given information on reaching out if I was suicidal. Total clown show.

I went ahead & created a new acct. today.  Can't do the PM thing from my phone because it tries to default back to the original acct. for messenger.

Hey, @MissingInAction, I tried to find you to re-friend but there's no sign of you.  Search for me but omit the middle initial.  I think I may have found you as well, @Brisketexan .

What a fucking hassle.

I get that some people need Facebook either for work, or it’s an easy way to connect/communicate with friends or family. But you’re better off not using it as more than that. Don’t put anything on there that matters since you’ve discovered that you can lose everything.

I won’t go into why it’s healthier to just cut back on FB as much as possible.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I get that some people need Facebook either for work, or it’s an easy way to connect/communicate with friends or family. But you’re better off not using it as more than that. Don’t put anything on there that matters since you’ve discovered that you can lose everything.

I won’t go into why it’s healthier to just cut back on FB as much as possible.

I don't really use it that much. About 5 years ago I whittled down my friends list by about 80% and really haven't posted a ton since then - most of my "posts" are me basically being tagged in posts by my wife. But I had that account since 2004, so there's a lot of old memories and photos from back then that were sometimes fun to go back and look at, and most of those photos were on devices that are long gone. Could I have gone back and saved each of those photos 1 by 1? Yeah but it would've been a major pain in the ass, plus a ton of them wouldn't have the context to go with it without the accompanying post. 

I am in the camp that thinks Facebook is a huge drain on society today, but it has a lot of uses in my life. There are groups I am a part of and community/neighborhood stuff that I wouldn't know about or get any updates on outside of FB. 

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I don't really use it that much. About 5 years ago I whittled down my friends list by about 80% and really haven't posted a ton since then - most of my "posts" are me basically being tagged in posts by my wife. But I had that account since 2004, so there's a lot of old memories and photos from back then that were sometimes fun to go back and look at, and most of those photos were on devices that are long gone. Could I have gone back and saved each of those photos 1 by 1? Yeah but it would've been a major pain in the ass, plus a ton of them wouldn't have the context to go with it without the accompanying post. 

I am in the camp that thinks Facebook is a huge drain on society today, but it has a lot of uses in my life. There are groups I am a part of and community/neighborhood stuff that I wouldn't know about or get any updates on outside of FB. 

I don't disagree and that's why I wasn't advocating to dump FB. I don't use FB very much now but I wouldn't want to lose what is out there.

I just checked to see if the surly FB page was still there?  It is surprisingly but no one posts on it.  

I just requested to join with my "new" profile; I really only visit in case Shag² is down for some reason & I want to see if I'm the only one who is reporting issues.

4 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

ok, that was the story i heard referenced on npr.  remembered they were supposed to do a story on Monday about it and was going to post.

Same.  Heard that story for the PM drive home.  Now I'm wondering if I need to buy / return the Oculus to get some actual customer service or even message All Things Considered so they can look into getting my original FB acct. reinstated.

The people referenced in the show were all about their accts. being haxored, my issue is suspension / cancellation for something stupid & ridiculously generic.