SEC BASEBALL

petscii

I used to joke that Washington's new facility should not have an Omaha room, but an Oxville room.  Then they actually made it to the CWS.  Then they had those games vacated. Sigh,  I miss Ken Knutson. 

What were we talking about?

Edited by petscii

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 12:02 PM, Gohogs14 said:

Not sure but seems like we're getting into semantics at that point

MSU blisters Stanford, 8-1, to sweep Starkville Super Regional - The  Dispatch

Semantics….Seems like a big word for arky 

I’d also venture a “huge” leap and say a player holding a sign after advancing vs being plastered stupidly all over the stadium when you haven’t won shit are not the same.  

maybe it was to big of a word after all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

Semantics….Seems like a big word for arky 

I’d also venture a “huge” leap and say a player holding a sign after advancing vs being plastered stupidly all over the stadium when you haven’t won shit are not the same.  

maybe it was to big of a word after all. 

Arkansas had advanced to Omaha plenty of times in the last decade, which is what earned the program that moniker to begin with. When that picture was taken MSU hadn’t won anything more than Arkansas had as a program to that point.

Doesn’t really seem like something to get riled up about either way lol

On 8/25/2021 at 3:44 PM, Gohogs14 said:

Arkansas had advanced to Omaha plenty of times in the last decade, which is what earned the program that moniker to begin with. When that picture was taken MSU hadn’t won anything more than Arkansas had as a program to that point.

You've been 4 times over the last 11 years, as many as Texas. You have 10 appearances in Omaha in 73 years (6 of those since 2000), 27 less than Texas. You've finished 2nd twice (1979, 2018), and the last time looked like little leaguers still learning to catch a pop foul. Texas has 6 titles, and 6 2nd place finishes. 

No one is getting riled up, just making sure you understand that outside Arkansas you're viewed as a laughingstock because of that sign. You didn't earn it, and you don't deserve it. Arkansas is no more tied to Omaha anymore than Duke is tied to the Rose Bowl. Acting like Omaha is your right with your history is sad and laughable. I won't say you're acting like aggy, but you're getting close. Be better.

ps. Odds say Arky returns to nothing when Van Horn leaves. That's the mark of a great coach, not a great program.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/4/2021 at 10:56 PM, omahogsfan said:

I can't wait for y'all to get into SEC baseball. Will very much enjoy that.

we used to play a lot ya know.

texas and arkansas have played baseball 114 times.  texas is 76-38 in those games. 

texas and tamu have played baseball 377 times.  texas is 244-128-5 in those games.

texas and lsu have played baseball 37 times.  texas is 27-13-1 in those games.

151-62 against oklahoma.

8-1 against alabama all time.

6-0 against south carolina including two national championship wins.

3-1 against georgia.

1-0 against kentucky.

14-5 against ole miss.

34-28 against missouri.

2-2 against florida including a national championship sweep.

7-7 against vandy.

6-6 against miss state.

texas lost to auburn 109 years ago and dropped a pair to tennessee a decade ago.

texas is 579-294-6 (0.663) against the teams that will be in the sec all-time.  hogs are right at the average...

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sidis said:

texas and arkansas have played baseball 114 times.  texas is 76-38 in those games. 

texas and tamu have played baseball 377 times.  texas is 244-128-5 in those games.

151-62 against oklahoma.

3-1 against georgia.

1-0 against kentucky.

14-5 against ole miss.

34-28 against missouri.

7-7 against vandy.

6-6 against miss state.

texas lost to auburn 109 years ago and dropped a pair to tennessee a decade ago.

texas is 579-294-6 (0.663) against the teams that will be in the sec all-time.  hogs are right at the average...

We're Texas

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, sidis said:

151-62 against oklahoma.

3-1 against georgia.

1-0 against kentucky.

14-5 against ole miss.

34-28 against missouri.

7-7 against vandy.

6-6 against miss state.

You forgot to mention that one of those wins over Alabama was a win in the CWS title game.

Forgive me for asking what is most likely a dumb question, but where did you find the W-L records for Texas against the current and soon-to-be SEC member teams?  Is there a Winsipedia-type of website out there for baseball (and basketball for that matter) like for football? 

3 minutes ago, ScottS said:

You forgot to mention that one of those wins over Alabama was a win in the CWS title game.

Forgive me for asking what is most likely a dumb question, but where did you find the W-L records for Texas against the current and soon-to-be SEC member teams?  Is there a Winsipedia-type of website out there for baseball (and basketball for that matter) like for football? 

Go to page 69 of the 2021 Texas Baseball Factbool pdf here:

https://texassports.com/documents/2021/2/15//2021_Texas_Baseball_Fact_Book_WEB.pdf?id=15395

then just add the 2021 results. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, sidis said:

151-62 against oklahoma.

3-1 against georgia.

1-0 against kentucky.

14-5 against ole miss.

34-28 against missouri.

7-7 against vandy.

6-6 against miss state.

I won't spend the time to find the post, but I will paraphrase a post on this site from a few years ago, when Texas came to Arkansas for a two-game midweek series. We won both games. The post said something about things could have gone worse; could have been a four-game series.

And, yes, I very much enjoyed putting y'all out of the World Series in 18.

Just now, omahogsfan said:

I won't spend the time to find the post, but I will paraphrase a post on this site from a few years ago, when Texas came to Arkansas for a two-game midweek series. We won both games. The post said something about things could have gone worse; could have been a four-game series.

And, yes, I very much enjoyed putting y'all out of the World Series in 18.

Umm, burn? And I very much enjoyed personally witnessing two national championships…including in 2005 when we eliminated Arkansas in the regional along the way. 

that is something that is impossible for you to say because you got eliminated at home by an unranked, Covid-ravaged, scrub-ass team. lol. 

1 minute ago, sidis said:

Umm, burn? And I very much enjoyed personally witnessing two national championships…including in 2005 when we eliminated Arkansas in the regional along the way. 

that is something that is impossible for you to say because you got eliminated at home by an unranked, Covid-ravaged, scrub-ass team. lol. 

well, that's not exactly true; we got eliminated because our coach kept playing players who were hurt/struggling, instead of going to his deep bench; 

at any rate, look forward to seeing y'all on the diamond regularly;

Just now, omahogsfan said:

well, that's not exactly true; we got eliminated because our coach kept playing players who were hurt/struggling, instead of going to his deep bench; 

at any rate, look forward to seeing y'all on the diamond regularly;

yes, it is true despite your moral…loss? You lost at home to a fucking scrub team that eliminated itself from the tournament due to stupidity. 

that is who you are. Chokers. You are a fucking joke and you have fuck all in terms of national championships in your entire history.  you lose two games to Texas for every game you win throughout your history.

22 hours ago, sidis said:

yes, it is true despite your moral…loss? You lost at home to a fucking scrub team that eliminated itself from the tournament due to stupidity. 

that is who you are. Chokers. You are a fucking joke and you have fuck all in terms of national championships in your entire history.  you lose two games to Texas for every game you win throughout your history.

god damn you people must live miserable lives; do y'all kick your dog when you get home or before you leave or both?

On 9/8/2021 at 3:03 PM, sidis said:

151-62 against oklahoma.

3-1 against georgia.

1-0 against kentucky.

14-5 against ole miss.

34-28 against missouri.

7-7 against vandy.

6-6 against miss state.

This is how you old school pwn somebody. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 2:44 PM, Gohogs14 said:

Disagree. Arkansas failing is always something to enjoy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Didn't see a better thread for this so doing a little necro bump.

Arkansas pitcher Austin Ledbetter leaving baseball team to play QB for Razorbacks

Austin Ledbetter is leaving the Arkansas baseball team, but he will still be a student-athlete for the Razorbacks. Ledbetter announced on Thursday that he is joining the Arkansas football team as a quarterback for the 2024 season.

Ledbetter played baseball for the past two seasons at Arkansas. He appeared in 15 games last year, finishing with a 7.09 ERA.

The Bryant, Arkansas native was a two-sport start at Bryant High School, prior to joining the Arkansas baseball program.

“First and foremost, I want to give glory to God for all of the opportunities he has presented me with. These past two years playing baseball at Arkansas have been nothing short of amazing. I want to thank the coaches and staff for always supporting me and constantly pushing me to be my best,” Austin Ledbetter said in a statement.

“Thank you to my teammates who have been there for me through everything. After much prayer, thought and consideration with my family, I have decided to put my career in baseball behind me. After talking with Coach [Sam] Pittman and Coach [Bobby] Petrino, I have decided to pursue a football career at the University of Arkansas. I am super grateful for this opportunity and ready to get to work!”

Austin Ledbetter put up impressive stats as a quarterback at Bryant High. He passed for 42 touchdowns and five interceptions as a senior in 2021 and 40 touchdowns, with eight picks, as a junior in 2020.

Now he will try to continue that success with the Arkansas Razorbacks football program.

Sam Pittman details how Arkansas will fix offensive line issues

Austin Ledbetter is joining an Arkansas football team that will look to have a bounce back year in 2024. The Razorbacks finished 4-8 (1-7) this past season.

One big issue was offensive line play. Sam Pittman recently shared how Arkansas will try to fix issues on the o-line.

“Well, you gotta go in the portal. And I look back at Auburn coming in here and I think four of their five was from the portal. And think seven of their top eight players, O linemen, were transfers. There’s an opportunity to do that. We’ve gotta get better with the ones that we have here, as well. But you don’t have to be a football coach to know we need help,” Pittman said.

Arkansas’ offense languished in 2023. Offensive coordinator Dan Enos was fired after a three-point showing less than a year into his tenure and the results weren’t that much better after the staff shakeup. By Pittman’s own analysis, much of what ailed his squad in 2023 can be remedied by some improved play up front on offense.

“So we’ve gotta go address that and that will be our No. 1 place to address because without that, you really can’t have a lot of success, offensively. And with that, you can have a whole bunch of success. But we’ve gotta get it fixed, and that’s nothing negative about the kids we have. We just gotta get that one fixed. I think everybody knows that,” Pittman said.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Ah. Ok for a second there I thought he was giving all the glory to God for his 7.09 ERA. 

Hey, a lotta people go to college for a  7 ERA.

"Yeah, they're called doctors!"