New SEC divisions and pods thread (Page 30 starts recent discussion)

mdmost

• 3 months later...

FYI, Bobby said today he's hearing that behind the scenes the SEC will be playing a nine-game conference schedule starting in 2025. The exact format has yet to be determined. Given the way Bobby stated this, it sounds like we can take a nine-game schedule as a certainty. Video is time-stamped to his remarks. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

If Texas and Oklahoma voted for 9 it would have been a split vote but Alabama seems to have changed their tune in this too which would have tipped the scale.

Time to sell any apartment complexes near the University of Chattanooga.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Well, need to keep it open so when FSU and Clemson are added in 2026 everything can then begin to go to 9. 

He's saying this was always the plan. I think CDC even pointed to 2026 in his town hall that got the SEC is a lather. I wonder if we're flipping the home and aways. Supposedly the 2025 schedule is out later today?

Edited by mdmost

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe we can schedule Kent state too. It’s worth a shot. 

Southwestern - so they don’t have to travel as far.

Just think, an I-35 rivalry!

Edited by Armybrat

22 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Hopefully Texas’ visit to LexVegas happens during Keeneland’s Fall Meet, racing during the day, game at night. 

Man, I remember doing that trip one year. I don't remember who UK was playing but it was a fucking day of days. Everything was a kaleidoscope of paisley bowties, bourbon, and party drugs. I may have stolen a lawn jockey. 

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So, let me get this straight: By the end of our 2nd season in the SEC, we will have played Georgia more times in-conference than aggy has?

And hosted them in our stadium before aggy ever got to in the 12 years they've already been in the SEC. 

• Like 1

I’m fine with the 2025 schedule.

I didn’t like that we were playing Arkansas and aggy both away in 2024, because not only did were the last times we play each of them both away (at aggy in 2011, at Arkansas 2021) but if we switched to a 9 game 3-6-6 schedule in 2025 one of those would have likely got to host us again meaning 3 straight home games in the series. I didn’t care all that much about playing two in a row away in the series (that happens when schedules change, we hosted Okie State in Austin in back to back year during the previous realignment in 2011) but 3 times would have been outlandish.

Now when/if they go to 3-6-6 in 2026 we’ll get to host one of either Arkansas or aggy two times in a row and I can only imagine how upset it will make them.

9 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

I’m fine with the 2025 schedule.

I didn’t like that we were playing Arkansas and aggy both away in 2024, because not only did were the last times we play each of them both away (at aggy in 2011, at Arkansas 2021) but if we switched to a 9 game 3-6-6 schedule in 2025 one of those would have likely got to host us again meaning 3 straight home games in the series. I didn’t care all that much about playing two in a row away in the series (that happens when schedules change, we hosted Okie State in Austin in back to back year during the previous realignment in 2011) but 3 times would have been outlandish.

Now when/if they go to 3-6-6 in 2026 we’ll get to host one of either Arkansas or aggy two times in a row and I can only imagine how upset it will make them.

I hope it's aggy. 100%.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I hope it's aggy. 100%.

Me, too. Their reaction will be so predictable. Despite the fact that they very clearly threw a hissy fit in order to get the resumption of our series in Collie Station, though they chose for the previous game to be there and then they ran away from us like cowards.

If they have to play us twice in a row in Austin, they'll screech to high heaven that "Snakey is being controlled by t.u. already."  Nevermind that we'll play twice in a row in Austin because of their under-handedness.  They are complete fucktards. Liars, but fucktards.

I have no doubt they'll whine behind the scenes to keep it from happening. They're such worthless bitches.